27 games. 14,10,10,10

27 game season with 14,10,10,10 leagues. 

Seems to have to most support between the top level clubs.  Also lower leagues. As an airdrie fan still thinking we could have had a decent chance of promotion (ok probably play offs) from an early finished season.  Probably is the fairest as no teams are relegated and league winners get promoted and 2nd placed teams and Kelty/brora go up. 

They only arguement with this plan is for how long..  no teams are losing out in the season to come however when 3 are relegated from the top it filters down.  St mirren, Hamilton,  Ross county all agree with the principle but dont agree on the terms (2/3/4 year).  Will be the same for championship bottom 4 and league one.  

Surely now it has to be agreed or nothing.  Leave as is or promote lowland/highland league winners and 2nd place teams or leave as it is.  Ok hearts, thistle and stranrar will lose out as will Kelty and brora but Scottish football is the real loser. 

This has been dragging on so long.  All the different proposals from teams who want to "keep it fair " but funny enough it still has our best interests included. No team even those with money can offer contracts to players with no knowledge of what league they will play in. Sort it now or there will be arguments till October.  What if this and what if that.   No relegation is fair and unwanted colts told no.   Just fcukin decide.  Up or down.   14, 10, 10 ,10.  Yes or no.  

2 hours ago, Ballboy said:

They only arguement with this plan is for how long..  no teams are losing out in the season to come however when 3 are relegated from the top it filters down.  St mirren, Hamilton,  Ross county all agree with the principle but dont agree on the terms (2/3/4 year).  Will be the same for championship bottom 4 and league one. 

Reports suggest this proposal is a permanent one rather than some of the temporary nonsense Budge has proposed over the last couple of weeks.

14+3x10 seems the most sensible approach for the moment, and I hope it is accepted (from a selfish perspective but also for general fairness, including to Kelty and Brora (whether they really want promotion or not...))

If passed I’d hope that in the next two seasons we could turn 3x10 into 2x16 or 2x18...

If Reconstruction has to happen, it must be 14-10-10-10 permanently, I don’t agree with 14-14-14, because although it probably makes the Championship more interesting, it effectively puts teams like Clyde, a bad season away from being out the SPFL, so that’s unfair. At least with the 14-10-10-10, no team gets relegated (from a self-interest point of view, I’m happy with that) but also it is more fair, and Teams get promoted, more so Brora and Kelty, who have been slightly shafted in all this, as well as Falkirk, who too can have a strong grievance. It certainly seems either leave it as it is, or reconstruction 14-10-10-10, that’s most logical to me. However, I still don’t see it passing, there’s a few clubs in the top flight that don’t want it, there’s a few clubs in the Championship that out of spite to Scott Gardiner, don’t want Inverness prompted, bit Childish to be honest, and not sure how the majority of League 1 and 2 clubs will vote either. If this last one fails, that has to be it for me, Hearts definitely down, Thistle definitely down, Stranraer definitely down, Kelty and Brora, definitely down. Need to focus on getting the football back on park now.

14-10-10-10 was always the fairest way out of this situation. I'm surprised it's taken so long to be proposed.

In saying that, I would still be surprised if it is voted through,it would only need 2 premiership clubs to knock it on the head.

Having a split in the top flight after 26 games seems rather early. Assuming it is the same promotion and relegation places then teams towards the top half of the bottom 8 will have plenty of dead rubbers after the split.

Will league 2 clubs also be happy to vote in Kelty and Brora? It will push most of them closer to the trapdoor.

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

14-10-10-10 was always the fairest way out of this situation. I'm surprised it's taken so long to be proposed.

Why is it any fairer than actually relegating Hearts and Stranraer?  Why is promoting ICT, Falkirk etc automatically fairer when the other teams in play-off spots don't similarly benefit?

If there is any restructuring or changes to the rules then it needs to be designed to benefit the majority of Scottish football in the medium and long term.  Not just to provide a golden ticket to a handful of lucky clubs.

17 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why do so many on here not want this? It provides a better opportunity for provincial clubs to play in the top league, and also allows two new ambitious clubs to spice up the competitiveness overall....

I'd prefer reconstruction was well thought out rather than rushed through in a month or so and without coming with the condition of "vote for this or we'll sue the league" from one Chairperson. I'd also rather the driver for that reconstruction was that everyone wants change rather than to save a big club from being relegated. 

Also, does this mean less money coming into the lower leagues with two more teams in the Prem needing higher prize money than 1st in the Champ? "Ambitious clubs to spice up the competitiveness". Lol. Gies a break, roman. We literally have a pyramid in place now, the mechanism is already there for "spicing" things up.

If Hearts weren't sitting bottom of the Prem, would reconstruction even be on the table? I highly doubt it, so I've got to ask myself if this is being done for the right reasons? A resounding no. Next question is, even though it's not for the right reasons, is it something we all want? Not really IMO. Fans have continually said they want bigger leagues across the board, not just for the Premiership. Fans have said they want fairer distribution of the prize money, but as I've said above this will likely mean more money going into the Premiership rather than the lower leagues.

23 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Why do so many on here not want this? It provides a better opportunity for provincial clubs to play in the top league, and also allows two new ambitious clubs to spice up the competitiveness overall....

I don't want it if it costs the opportunity for real structural change which delivers more tangible long term benefit to the whole of Scottish football.

By itself, it's just a bit of idle tinkering designed to save Hearts from relegation and stop Anne Budge rocking the boat.  It also doesn't lower the drawbridge between the Premiership and Championship, it just moves it 2 places to the left.

As for the introduction of Kelty and Brora to the league.  I predict that move will benefit nobody other than Kelty and Brora but, from your perspective, it's unlikely to incovenience your team either.

1 hour ago, stuartcraig said:

Why is it any fairer than actually relegating Hearts and Stranraer?  Why is promoting ICT, Falkirk etc automatically fairer when the other teams in play-off spots don't similarly benefit?

If there is any restructuring or changes to the rules then it needs to be designed to benefit the majority of Scottish football in the medium and long term.  Not just to provide a golden ticket to a handful of lucky clubs.

So in the same token, why is it fair that Raith Rovers are promoted when we are only 1 point behind, +20 GD better and still had to play them at home? Airdrie, IMO, wouldn't have won the league. Yes you could have went up through the playoffs but at 5 points behind the league leaders I couldn't see you realistically clawing that back without us taking the lead.

Contradicting myself here, but I feel reconstruction should be binned until next season where a permanent change can be agreed and implemented for the better of Scottish football.

Edited by wee_bairn

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

So in the same token, why is it fair that Raith Rovers are promoted when we are only 1 point behind, +20 GD better and still had to play them at home? Airdrie, IMO, wouldn't have won the league. Yes you could have went up through the playoffs but at 5 points behind the league leaders I couldn't see you realistically clawing that back without us taking the lead.

I'm not one of the people making an argument for reconstruction in terms of "fairness" to individual teams, so I don't really have to provide an answer to that question.

7 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Airdrie, IMO, wouldn't have won the league. Yes you could have went up through the playoffs but at 5 points behind the league leaders I couldn't see you realistically clawing that back without us taking the lead.

But you acknowledge that the question wasn't settled.  Either way, I'm not looking at this through a "what's fair to Airdrie" (or any other team) perspective.  I'm arguing that's short sighted and ignores the need for more strategic thinking.

2 minutes ago, wee_bairn said:

Contradicting myself here, but I feel reconstruction should be binned until next season where a permanent change can be agreed and implemented for the better of Scottish football.

I don't have a strong opinion on the time scale but I am arguing for the bit in bold and view anything else as a needless distraction.