Scottish Premiership Strips 20/21

11 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

not possible unfortunately, need to leave room for the league logo. Dons have been crying out for some stripes down the sleeves for ages now but alas

Could be senility, but I think Hibs were the first to have a sponsor logo on their shirt. Bukta I think.

Anyway, the BBC refused to show them on telly cos it constituted advertising.

So, to f**k their shit up, Hibs played in a purple kit for tv games which in those days was hard to for the engineers to cope with on colour tv transmissions.

That's how I remember it and I hope it's true.

1 hour ago, Academically Deficient said:

Could be senility, but I think Hibs were the first to have a sponsor logo on their shirt. Bukta I think.

Anyway, the BBC refused to show them on telly cos it constituted advertising.

So, to f**k their shit up, Hibs played in a purple kit for tv games which in those days was hard to for the engineers to cope with on colour tv transmissions.

That's how I remember it and I hope it's true.

excellent if true. That rings a bell with me too, although I will confess to not being anywhere near old enough to remember. 

Was it possibly to link up with george best signing for the club?

George Best and Hibernian, 1979-1980 | The Scotsman

not possible unfortunately, need to leave room for the league logo. Dons have been crying out for some stripes down the sleeves for ages now but alas

Is the league logo still a thing this season without a league sponsor? Accies put up a tweet a while ago offering a ‘new opportunity’ to have your company logo on the sleeves.

4 minutes ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Is the league logo still a thing this season without a league sponsor? Accies put up a tweet a while ago offering a ‘new opportunity’ to have your company logo on the sleeves.

Certainly was last season (although confusingly enough, the below picture is from a cup game, not a league game). I dont imagine thatll change for  this year.

I wonder if the SPFL will allow clubs to have the league logo on just one sleeve, leaving the other one free fora sponsor, a la Arsenal the past few years?

Aaron Ramsey in Arsenal contract stand-off after demanding double ...

Certainly was last season (although confusingly enough, the below picture is from a cup game, not a league game). I dont imagine thatll change for  this year.

The league had a sponsor last season it’s a Ladbrokes premiership badge...

On 29/06/2020 at 16:12, The Other Foot said:

👋 Calling all County Fans -

I'm trying to pre-order one of the new away tops for a relative, but it's just sold out within the last hour. So a couple of questions: firstly, any idea how quickly the club usually re-stocks? And secondly, any idea when purchased tops are being sent out? Can't find info on the website. 

Cheers in advance

On 29/06/2020 at 22:08, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

You are probably best just phoning the club in the morning to find out what the craic is. The online club shop is a bit of a shambles, much like a lot of things at County these days. The staff are always very helpful over the phone though.

I've got no idea when the shirts are due to be delivered, but I don't remember their being too many issues getting hold of a shirt at the start of the season in the past.

Delivered yesterday - it's a beaut in real life too!

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The new era deserves a new colour

That is appalling. Much worse than the home strip. Horrible colour combination, too much detailing, awful collar. Looks like a runner-up to Linfield's controversial strip.

Edited by Stag Nation

6 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

The new era deserves a new colour

This kit is messing with my colourblindness big time. The only one I recognise for certain is the tangerine on the trim! Fair play to them partnering with Alzheimer Scotland, but that's an absolute honker of a strip. 2/10.