U20 Development Teams from East of Scotland League

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Still prattling on based on his absurd initial misreading of the context of my post even after it has been clarified for his benefit. No point pursuing this any further.

You are a sad man! Also, what is all the nonsense about speaking of a ‘third person’ referring me to ‘his’? Do you see your posts as like a presidential speech where you are speaking to the masses as opposed to directing posts to one / me.

Hopefully the ‘no point pursuing this any further’ means you give P&B a wee rest. As I said before, I could write your response for you.

Try for once and open your mind and see beyond. Other posters do make good points some/all of the time.

Edited by Casey Jones

Uppers will have to travel a lot more than teams from the East going to Glasgow for one game though. 
Defo needs a bit common sense though watch oot for the Lurker as Moffat to Glasgow might be a bit further than Glasgow to Alloa :whistle
Players are Glasgow based hence their Benburb base. Makes sense to transfer to the West rather than continue in the East.

Unbelievable how words get twisted on here sometimes. The idea that I was suggesting what U-20 gets up to doesn't matter beyond the very narrow context of where home games get played is patently absurd. Sickening and beneath contempt what some people will stoop to.
Talk about being a drama queen [emoji85]

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^small minded trolling. What a U-20 development league gets up to does not matter because there is no expectation of a regular home support showing up beyond friends and family of the players.

One of the positive developments in the west is that the unexpectedly large number of new entries from the WoS is happening because youth clubs are hooking up with junior teams to form player pathways as Edinburgh South could easily have done with a club like Dalkeith Thistle or Whitehill Welfare, if that's all that's on their agenda.

If they have bigger ambitions than being a youth club feeding into senior football then they should have a viable plan for going about getting an enclosed home ground in their home area, so they can function properly as a senior club.

How is it trolling ? 

You dont like the fact BSC play out at Alloa. I pointed out Moffat to Glasgow is further although has been pointed out Uppers have Glasgow based players.

Obviously you didnt get it the 1st time around so I'll mention it again,it was not that long ago Edinburgh South was a FEEDER team for ww.

They obviously have bigger plans now and good luck to them. 

By the way ww are hoping to play as many games as possible under the lights at Rosewell. 

Edited by newcastle broon

2 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

How is it trolling ? 

You dont like the fact BSC play out at Alloa. I pointed out Moffat to Glasgow is further although has been pointed out Uppers have Glasgow based players.

Obviously you didnt get it the 1st time around so I'll mention it again,it was not that long ago Edinburgh South was a FEEDER team for ww.

They obviously have bigger plans now and good luck to them. 

By the way ww are hoping to play as many games as possible under the lights at Rosewell. 

Our U20s don't play at Alloa. They play in Glasgow.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2020 at 12:59, Bestsinceslicebread said:

First teams will know if they can or cant if they have done the correct research as infact its cheaper to run a development squad than normal youth team

This will be hugely dependent on what facilities teams have as the cost to play astro every Friday compared to youth teams playing on public council parks, also travel costs to play in the East compared to a more central  youth set up.

Also the type of contract offered to 20s players might not always be in the amateur bracket, there is also the cost to have an experienced  Manager, Assistant Manager etc instead of your usual parent/volunteer will be the coach scenario.

Edited by Kemlin Dan

10 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

This will be hugely dependent on what facilities teams have as the cost to play astro every Friday compared to youth teams playing on public council parks, also travel costs to play in the East compared to a more central  youth set up.

Also the type of contract offered to 20s players might not always be in the amateur bracket, there is also the cost to have an experienced  Manager, Assistant Manager etc instead of your usual parent/volunteer will be the coach scenario.

This is now fact; the development league is being regionalized, so there will be a West region and an East region, so no big constant travels for teams from East to West or from West to East, except in cup ties.  I have heard however that they intend to have two conference divisions in each region but stated that if it’s a late start to the season they make put the regions into 3 conference divisions with less games,.  If I remember rightly, there's 38 teams applied in the West and 30 from the East so the development are checking criteria to make sure all are eligible to enter.

In regards to pricing it looks cheaper for MOST teams to be in the development league at U20s than a youth team at, say U19s or U21s because its similar fees except the referee fees have been returned to the club at the end of the season

Quite a lot of the teams running already have been playing in quality parks, Kpark, Holm park, huntershill, Newlandsfield, Rockburn park, some I may add for nothing, the prices of the public parks are similar in price to Astro and some of the quality parks maybe cheaper as they are run by the first team.  These teams are allowed to play on a grass park so quite a lot of the U20s teams will play on the first team parks, again possibly without charge and in early nights they will go to another park that they are using

You are way off in regards to development contracts, nearly all teams will have these lads on amateur's contracts, I suspect they will only put some of these lads on a professional contract if they believe the lad has a bright future in the game and as this is new to most of the WOS teams there is no need for them to rush into putting promising players on professional contracts, the league is a development league, it’s all about developing youths to the best that they can be in the hope that they may make the first team.   I know of professional players who are coaching in the new development league and are not taking any money, they are volunteer coaches and never dismiss a parent/volunteer coach, professional coaches learn from them as well.

I think from the general consensus is that when the East teams left the junior ranks to join the senior ranks a few years ago and quite a few teams took a local team along which had an adverse effect on the u19s and u21s East leagues and most of the west side noticed this and in retrospect have been preparing for the development league and the first team taking their teams so most have been ready, not all I may add but quite a few

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
spelling and some orrections

On 25/06/2020 at 00:12, Bestsinceslicebread said:

This is now fact; the development league is being regionalized, so there will be a West region and an East region, so no big constant travels for teams from East to West or from West to East, except in cup ties.

How does this work for teams in Fife and the likes of Camelon and Dunipace, very little will change for these teams with up to 30/ 40 miles travel to away games

In regards to pricing it looks cheaper for MOST teams to be in the development league at U20s than a youth team at, say U19s or U21s because its similar fees except the referee fees have been returned to the club at the end of the season

Quite a lot of the teams running already have been playing in quality parks, Kpark, Holm park, huntershill, Newlandsfield, Rockburn park, some I may add for nothing, the prices of the public parks are similar in price to Astro and some of the quality parks maybe cheaper as they are run by the first team.  These teams are allowed to play on a grass park so quite a lot of the U20s teams will play on the first team parks, again possibly without charge and in early nights they will go to another park that they are using

Again all dependent on facilities as not all teams operate the same, Fact is 20s team that I budgeted for  was more expensive than the youth teams within our set-up.

You are way off in regards to development contracts, nearly all teams will have these lads on amateur's contracts, I suspect they will only put some of these lads on a professional contract if they believe the lad has a bright future in the game and as this is new to most of the WOS teams there is no need for them to rush into putting promising players on professional contracts, the league is a development league, it’s all about developing youths to the best that they can be in the hope that they may make the first team.   I know of professional players who are coaching in the new development league and are not taking any money, they are volunteer coaches and never dismiss a parent/volunteer coach, professional coaches learn from them as well.

Again having players within the 20s set-up I am involved in on pro contracts coming from the 20s budget/costs, what might be good for you and other teams is not what is going on at other teams in terms of costs. IE 20s players on pro-contracts might come out of the 1st team budget, again each has a different model on how they develop players.

Facts are only relevant to the team you are involved in not a sweeping statement that all costs are equal

Edited by Kemlin Dan

7 minutes ago, Kemlin Dan said:

How does this work for teams in Fife and the likes of Camelon and Dunipace, very little will change for these teams with up to 30/ 40 miles travel to away games

Again all dependent on facilities as not all teams operate the same, Fact is 20s team that I budgeted for  was more expensive than the youth teams within our set-up.

Again having players within the 20s set-up I am involved in on pro contracts coming from the 20s budget/costs, what might be good for you and other teams is not what is going on at other teams in terms of costs. IE 20s players on pro-contracts might come out of the 1st team budget, again each has a different model on how they develop players.

Facts are only relevant to the team you are involved in not a sweeping statement that all costs are equal

Just on your first point, regionalisation cannot mean the old league cup (group) set up as you need proper amount of competitive matches. However, there will always be teams in peripheral areas who will have more travelling than others, unless you split into East / Mid / West OR North / Mid / South divisions within the East and West of Scotland set ups ( also including the likes of Mid Annandale).

However, that depends on the numbers in the 20s set up. Even in-season for last two couple of campaigns, East of Scotland had sides drop out for whatever reason. So, I think the most logic divide is the East and West set-ups, with teams like Dunipace or say, St Andrews playing in the most appropriate of the two set-ups.

27 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Just on your first point, regionalisation cannot mean the old league cup (group) set up as you need proper amount of competitive matches. However, there will always be teams in peripheral areas who will have more travelling than others, unless you split into East / Mid / West OR North / Mid / South divisions within the East and West of Scotland set ups ( also including the likes of Mid Annandale).

However, that depends on the numbers in the 20s set up. Even in-season for last two couple of campaigns, East of Scotland had sides drop out for whatever reason. So, I think the most logic divide is the East and West set-ups, with teams like Dunipace or say, St Andrews playing in the most appropriate of the two set-ups.

My point was more to the general sweeping statement that included travel being a cost to the 20s teams overall, as I am trying to point out that it isn't Fact that its cheaper to run than a youth team, it might very well be the case that for many teams there will be no more outlay than a 19s team but for teams on the edges of the East/West or dead central will still have some associated travel costs to the team/players etc

9 hours ago, Kemlin Dan said:

Camelon and Dunipace and am I right in saying Sauchie in the same position could play in the East or West but I heard that the rule in season 21/22 will be that if first team play in the East region then the u20s will do the same.
Think Mid Annadale are in the same position in the south.
There will always be teams that travel further than others,  that's just their location so cant change that.   In saying that they might even regional inside the west region, ie put all Ayrshire teams together and some west, western teams for the first year to help.
I think they will just conference two divisions again in the East as everyone seen  the past couple of years as a success

Regarding fact, yeah your right, every area and team is different so some are under, which I know a few are and some might be over priced but being regionalised will help keep costs down.

I believe at the under 20s teams most teams will have the lads in an amateur form and its up to each individual club to put those lads into pro contract but obviously if they think its beneficial to the club.

Yes, totally 100% agree there

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

http://slfl.co.uk/lowlands-development-league-structure/

Features

06/07/2020 By Media Team

The Scottish Lowlands Development League are delighted to confirm the conference structure for the new season.

As confirmed last week 68 clubs will compete in the league when we kick off later this year.

The sub-committee, which oversee the league, have been busy over the last few weeks working on the conferences are delighted to confirm the following:

League secretary Gary McClelland said: “Despite the current issues facing us we are delighted that we are now in a position to confirm the conferences for the season.

“A lot of work has gone into this and I would like to thank the sub-committee for all the work they have put in looking at applications and working up the conferences.

“Hopefully we will be able to confirm a start date in due course as well as announce what, if any, cup we will be able to play depending on when we get back to playing football.”

The league hope to be in a position to announce a proposed start date within the next week or two.

Youth Football Thread:  Clyde FC Under 19’s Looking For Players.

By Kp91, Saturday at 12:49 in Youth Football

Clyde Fc u19s are on the look out to add quality players to there squad for the new season, this is potentially a pathway to the first team and possible training opportunities within the first team environment in time, the team has a new manager in place and a new coaching team all of whom have joined from Celtic Fc, this is an exciting opportunity and if anyone is interested or required more info then please contact club secretary Peter Kane on 07774327119 the club is planning to move into the u20 development league the season after this one so exciting times ahead for the club 

• 5 weeks later...

Sensible move regarding the dual registrations, contracts are a different topic. So long as the clubs have the manpower to deal with all the paperwork, it has to be a good idea. Think it's ok to sign for one club through differing leagues, associations, so long as they can work together - organised ! ! Fingers crossed for players and club secretaries.