U20 Development Teams from East of Scotland League

Are there any plans to go to divisions with promotion and relegation next season rather conferences? I get that with the age bands team's standard could vary quite a bit season to season but you'd guess a club's overall resources would limit big, big changes in standards. I also get that that Conference A already has the higher pyramid clubs.

I suppose its time and cost of travel vs teams being challenged at mostly the right level.

1 hour ago, stulch said:

Are there any plans to go to divisions with promotion and relegation next season rather conferences? I get that with the age bands team's standard could vary quite a bit season to season but you'd guess a club's overall resources would limit big, big changes in standards. I also get that that Conference A already has the higher pyramid clubs.

I suppose its time and cost of travel vs teams being challenged at mostly the right level.

With a season's worth of results i'd imagine they'd at least reseed the Conferences based on performance. It wouldn't solve the top v. bottom lopsided nature of some of the games, but could draw those extremes closer to the middle.

Remember guys the U20's seasons change every year, maybe good one season then lose there older players the next.  It's all about getting the youngsters ready for the big boy league's, not about winning/relegation etc.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/02/2022 at 00:43, RedLichty said:

Dunbar United also aiming to enter the U20s Development League next season according to their updates earlier in the season.

We are entering a team.

Big step up for the boys currently playing under 18s.

• 3 weeks later...
On 18/08/2021 at 12:53, Nittenrab said:

Remember guys the U20's seasons change every year, maybe good one season then lose there older players the next.  It's all about getting the youngsters ready for the big boy league's, not about winning/relegation etc.

Yip 100%  there's absolutely no way you can have divisions as one team who did well in the top division then lose 70% of their players and thus they are beaten heavily the following year and that's a full years waste of no development for those players. There's U20s teams out there where the whole team is the same age group or most are the same age and when they finish it will be a full squad of inexperienced lads come in so if that team played in a higher division because of the teams previous players then their year could have a detrimental effect on those lads just starting out

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

6 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yip 100%  there's absolutely no way you can have divisions as one team who did well in the top division then lose 70% of their players and thus they are beaten heavily the following year and that's a full years waste of no development for those players. There's U20s teams out there where the whole team is the same age group or most are the same age and when they finish it will be a full squad of inexperienced lads come in so if that team played in a higher division because of the teams previous players then their year coudl have a detrimental effect on those lads just starting out

Spot on, some folk seem to forget it’s a development league. I’m on the dev league Twitter and saw the post about Largs Thistle dropping out  so their points are removed. Couldn’t believe there were tweets from coaches moaning about losing points when teams that got beat wouldn’t lose any, not one of the post empathised with the boys who have list their team 

My only complaint from this season was when the LL clubs decided to ring fence themselves into Conference A along with the SPFL clubs. Done without any consultation with other clubs.   If it's a Development League made-up of Conferences, then there should be an equitable split of abilities throughout each Conference.

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Dev said:

Dunbar United, Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts,  Arniston Rangers, St Andrews United and Bathgate Thistle so far have shown interest in joining the Under 20's League.

Swifts have been in it since they joined the EoS. However, Rosyth have announced that they will have an U20's team next season.

From St Andrews Feed

St Andrews United FC – New Youth Team
We are now looking for players to join our new Under 20 team, which will play in the East of Scotland Development League. We are therefore holding trials on Tuesday 31st May and Monday 6th June at The Clayton Caravan Park Recreation Ground, Langlands Road, St Andrews, KY16 8BN.
Edited by superbigal

16 hours ago, Dev said:

Dunbar United, Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts,  Arniston Rangers, St Andrews United and Bathgate Thistle so far have shown interest in joining the Under 20's League.

Add Rosyth. Forgot to include Tranent Juniors too.

On 16/04/2022 at 10:09, Burnieman said:

My only complaint from this season was when the LL clubs decided to ring fence themselves into Conference A along with the SPFL clubs. Done without any consultation with other clubs.   If it's a Development League made-up of Conferences, then there should be an equitable split of abilities throughout each Conference.

Totally agree but Lowland League are seemingly allowed to do as they like 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/05/2022 at 23:14, Dev said:

Add Pumpherston to the list we have also applied.

On 26/05/2022 at 23:14, Dev said:

Bo'ness United