U20 Development Teams from East of Scotland League

29 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Both clubs are using BSC Glasgow. The South Challenge Cup split it into BSC Glasgow and Broomhill Sports Club. Now the LL are using BSC Glasgow and BSC Glasgow (WoSL).

I don't see it changing this season.

It does seem silly though.

3 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It does seem silly though.

It does. Considering it is the LL club that has to change their name on the face of it, I don't see them doing that until forced or there's a change in circumstance. Right now the WoSFL club will be very under the radar and the LL club can still be seen to the casual audience as being the real 'BSC Glasgow'.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's already time for Celtic and Rangers to show just how much influence they have at SFA level and get the change proposed by the LL through in time for 2021/22. After all it's only for one season isn't it.

A bit of deflection from the Lowland League here, I think. This has been talked about for months but yesterday was the first time I had seen anyone say it was still subject to SFA approval. If players and clubs have made plans based on being led to believe that this was a done deal, they weren't being misled  by the SFA.

In the meantime, all of the players born in 2002 have just seen up to 500 potential competitors, for promotion to their first teams  next year, disappear! Its an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

5 minutes ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

A bit of deflection from the Lowland League here, I think.

Wouldn’t be the first time…

First spinning the West clubs a story of everyone in equal conferences - top teams end up in a premier division.

Then talk about “ventilation” in the pyramid - chose not to relegate anyone and STILL only have ONE promotion spot for tier 6 clubs.

Harping on about sporting integrity - Allow 2 colts teams to enter tier 5 against the rules that were set out previously.

Telling under 20’s clubs and coaches that it would be ok to play 2001 boys this season - more bs that they’ll try to pin on the SFA rather than just being honest from the start.

Where is the line between ‘incompetent’ and ‘deceitful’?

It's been obvious for a while that the LL board are not particularly competent. Having to have it explained to them late last year that the LL U20 didn't have a professional exemption in lockdown terms spoke volumes because it was blindingly obvious from the initial SFA press release.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

It's been obvious for a while that the LL board are not particularly competent. Having to have it explained to them late last year that the LL U20 didn't have a professional exemption in lockdown terms spoke volumes because it was blindingly obvious from the initial SFA press release.

The Exemptions guidance came out from the SFA on a Thursday afternoon. By the email that went round they contacted the SFA to confirm the standing of the Development League before making an statement on the matter.

The SFA got back to them the next morning at which point they clarified things to the Development League committee and clubs.

All in there was about an 18 hour, the majority of which would have existed outside normal office hours where clubs and onlookers wondered if the Development League could progress.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The Exemptions guidance came out from the SFA on a Thursday afternoon. By the email that went round they contacted the SFA to confirm the standing of the Development League before making an statement on the matter.

The SFA got back to them the next morning at which point they clarified things to the Development League committee and clubs.

All in there was about an 18 hour, the majority of which would have existed outside normal office hours where clubs and onlookers wondered if the Development League could progress.

Talking sense will get you nowhere mate, it doesn’t suit the conspiracy theorists.

2 hours ago, Dunfermline Jag said:

A bit of deflection from the Lowland League here, I think. This has been talked about for months but yesterday was the first time I had seen anyone say it was still subject to SFA approval. If players and clubs have made plans based on being led to believe that this was a done deal, they weren't being misled  by the SFA.

In the meantime, all of the players born in 2002 have just seen up to 500 potential competitors, for promotion to their first teams  next year, disappear! Its an ill wind that blows nobody any good.

Why wouldn’t it be subject to SFA approval, it’s a rule change!! If you are going to make accusations at least check the facts first.

3 hours ago, Spyro said:

Wouldn’t be the first time…

First spinning the West clubs a story of everyone in equal conferences - top teams end up in a premier division.

Maybe i'm misremembering things but the LL/EoSFL were upfront from the beginning of February that there would be equal Conferences if they exceeded the numbers required for a single division.

That was out there publicly from the start, right through the notes of interest emails, the in person meeting, the wee PWG at Hampden, the application stage, and for a week or more after successful applicants became known.

So for 2+ months the SFA didn't once decide to say anything publicly on it, or reprimand the officials for representing it in such a way.

No different to this decision. It's been known about for months what the plan of action was for the season. Which came about after the request to make it an u21 league was rejected. All out in public for everyone to see with times there would have been contact with the SFA.

Either the LL are lying their way through things, and the SFA are sitting idly by allowing them to do it. Which makes them complicit. Or the SFA bureaucracy isn't that efficient.

14 minutes ago, Spyro said:

So was allowing any Colts/reserve teams into tier 5, but that got changed without any problems.

Yes, and your point?? The SFA review all rules and decide which ones to pass, it’s that simple.

14 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Maybe i'm misremembering things but the LL/EoSFL were upfront from the beginning of February that there would be equal Conferences if they exceeded the numbers required for a single division.

That was out there publicly from the start, right through the notes of interest emails, the in person meeting, the wee PWG at Hampden, the application stage, and for a week or more after successful applicants became known.

So for 2+ months the SFA didn't once decide to say anything publicly on it, or reprimand the officials for representing it in such a way.

No different to this decision. It's been known about for months what the plan of action was for the season. Which came about after the request to make it an u21 league was rejected. All out in public for everyone to see with times there would have been contact with the SFA.

Either the LL are lying their way through things, and the SFA are sitting idly by allowing them to do it. Which makes them complicit. Or the SFA bureaucracy isn't that efficient.

I was always on the side of “the SFA are idiots and have made the LL look stupid” but after recent events and the frequency of these ‘misunderstandings’ you can’t blame folk for asking the question 

4 minutes ago, Spyro said:

I was always on the side of “the SFA are idiots and have made the LL look stupid” but after recent events and the frequency of these ‘misunderstandings’ you can’t blame folk for asking the question 

There's been two misunderstandings unless i'm missing something else.

With the WoSFL equal Conferences situation, I would say that was more opportunism on their part. For the majority of the time the WoSFL was going to be a breakaway from the West Region with a decent number from outside Junior football. Then it ended up being all 63 Juniors and only 4 other clubs. They changed their mindset to impose the existing West Region divisional structure since it would already be balanced and be easier to administer.