Jump to content
Bestsinceslicebread

U20 Development Teams from East of Scotland League

Recommended Posts

With the applications to join the development league finishing on deadline day, tomorrow June 11th, will there be any surprises joining from the East of Scotland League?
The teams from last season are expected to reapply excluding Newtongrange

Blackburn United,   Dalkeith Thistle,   Dundonald Bluebell,   Edinburgh United,   Hill of Beath Hawthorn,   Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale ,   Broxburn Athletic,   Camelon Juniors,   Dunipace,
Heriot Watt University,   Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts,   Musselburgh Athletic,   Penicuik Athletic,   Preston Athletic 

and been hearing the following teams are applying to join

Edinburgh South,   Glenrothes,   Jeanfield Swifts,   Kennoway Star Hearts,   Kirkcaldy & Dysart,   Tynecastle  and   Whitehill Welfare.

 

Anyone know of any other teams from the East of Scotland arranging a U20s team to start?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
With the applications to join the development league finishing on deadline day, tomorrow June 11th, will there be any surprises joining from the East of Scotland League?
The teams from last season are expected to reapply excluding Newtongrange
Blackburn United,   Dalkeith Thistle,   Dundonald Bluebell,   Edinburgh United,   Hill of Beath Hawthorn,   Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale ,   Broxburn Athletic,   Camelon Juniors,   Dunipace,
Heriot Watt University,   Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts,   Musselburgh Athletic,   Penicuik Athletic,   Preston Athletic 
and been hearing the following teams are applying to join
Edinburgh South,   Glenrothes,   Jeanfield Swifts,   Kennoway Star Hearts,   Kirkcaldy & Dysart,   Tynecastle  and   Whitehill Welfare.
 
Anyone know of any other teams from the East of Scotland arranging a U20s team to start?
I would imagine that some teams may be waiting to find out news about when any sort of football may be allowed to restart before committing to anything.

'Experts' are offering their expected return dates to training anything between next week and next August.

I'm not sure I would want to commit the resource and expenditure to set up a team just now (playing kit, equipment etc.) If he start date is closer to next year.

Unfortunately the SFA and various governing bodies are letting everyone down by communicating nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheLad said:

I would imagine that some teams may be waiting to find out news about when any sort of football may be allowed to restart before committing to anything.

'Experts' are offering their expected return dates to training anything between next week and next August.

I'm not sure I would want to commit the resource and expenditure to set up a team just now (playing kit, equipment etc.) If he start date is closer to next year.

Unfortunately the SFA and various governing bodies are letting everyone down by communicating nothing.

TheLad, I'm sorry but I totally disagree with what you have stated
I don't think any of that is a good enough reason.
First teams will know if they can or cant if they have done the correct research as infact its cheaper to run a development squad than normal youth team
You have 7 teams in the East joining the current East teams in the Lowland league and you have about 24 teams from the West joining the current development teams located on the West side in the Lowland development league.

As stated above, heard that new teams starting are Edinburgh South,   Glenrothes,   Jeanfield Swifts,   Kennoway Star Hearts,   Kirkcaldy & Dysart,   Tynecastle  and   Whitehill Welfare and wondered if any more might jump in last minute
 

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread
Had to add Lowland league as the league isnt regionalised yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

TheLad, I'm sorry but I totally disagree with what you have stated
I don't think any of that is a good enough reason.
First teams will know if they can or cant if they have done the correct research as infact its cheaper to run a development squad than normal youth team
You have 7 teams in the East joining the current East teams and you have about 24 teams from the West joining the current development teams in the West development league.

As stated above, heard that new teams starting are Edinburgh South,   Glenrothes,   Jeanfield Swifts,   Kennoway Star Hearts,   Kirkcaldy & Dysart,   Tynecastle  and   Whitehill Welfare and wondered if any more might jump in last minute
 

Sauchie I believe are joining

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately I dont believe any of the other east lothian teams are joining this year.

Just no laddies available!

I heard that Tranent were trying to get the Longniddry 2003's enmasse, but they instead folded and 6 or 7 joined Preston U20's, who will be a team to watch next year.  They are the remainder of the Longniddry 2001 side that won the league & south east in 2019, now 2nd year 20's plus some scottish cup winning 2003 lads and a couple of others.

At Musselburgh its a bit of a transition with a number of 2003s joining and the 2000s moving on.  But a few decent signings from elsewhere should make them a decent side as well.

No laddies around for Dunbar or Haddington  I hear.  Ormiston made their customary tentative enquiry to take over a young side but were rebuffed.  

Tynecastle are snaffling up anyone they can find from the u19 seryfa league but will not be up to much I reckon.  If edinburgh south join, they'll be pony.  

Edinburgh Utd might be dark horses.  Lots of time and effort there, with decent coaches and some right good players at 2004 who might play there instead.

Friday nights will be fun this year.  Pity my grandson is too old to play now but at least I'll be able to follow him in LEAFA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

With the applications to join the development league finishing on deadline day, tomorrow June 11th, will there be any surprises joining from the East of Scotland League?
The teams from last season are expected to reapply excluding Newtongrange

Blackburn United,   Dalkeith Thistle,   Dundonald Bluebell,   Edinburgh United,   Hill of Beath Hawthorn,   Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale ,   Broxburn Athletic,   Camelon Juniors,   Dunipace,
Heriot Watt University,   Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts,   Musselburgh Athletic,   Penicuik Athletic,   Preston Athletic 

and been hearing the following teams are applying to join

Edinburgh South,   Glenrothes,   Jeanfield Swifts,   Kennoway Star Hearts,   Kirkcaldy & Dysart,   Tynecastle  and   Whitehill Welfare.

 

Anyone know of any other teams from the East of Scotland arranging a U20s team to start?

Heard rumours Leith Athletic were putting a team together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2020 at 10:25, Bestsinceslicebread said:

With the applications to join the development league finishing on deadline day, tomorrow June 11th, will there be any surprises joining from the East of Scotland League?
The teams from last season are expected to reapply excluding Newtongrange

Blackburn United,   Dalkeith Thistle,   Dundonald Bluebell,   Edinburgh United,   Hill of Beath Hawthorn,   Lothian Thistle Hutchison Vale ,   Broxburn Athletic,   Camelon Juniors,   Dunipace,
Heriot Watt University,   Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts,   Musselburgh Athletic,   Penicuik Athletic,   Preston Athletic 

and been hearing the following teams are applying to join

Edinburgh South,   Glenrothes,   Jeanfield Swifts,   Kennoway Star Hearts,   Kirkcaldy & Dysart,   Tynecastle  and   Whitehill Welfare.

 

Anyone know of any other teams from the East of Scotland arranging a U20s team to start?

Just heard a rumour Broxburn Athletic may not field a team.  Can’t see anything on the website or Twitter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/06/2020 at 18:31, oldandround said:

Unfortunately I dont believe any of the other east lothian teams are joining this year.

Just no laddies available!

I heard that Tranent were trying to get the Longniddry 2003's enmasse, but they instead folded and 6 or 7 joined Preston U20's, who will be a team to watch next year.  They are the remainder of the Longniddry 2001 side that won the league & south east in 2019, now 2nd year 20's plus some scottish cup winning 2003 lads and a couple of others.

At Musselburgh its a bit of a transition with a number of 2003s joining and the 2000s moving on.  But a few decent signings from elsewhere should make them a decent side as well.

No laddies around for Dunbar or Haddington  I hear.  Ormiston made their customary tentative enquiry to take over a young side but were rebuffed.  

Tynecastle are snaffling up anyone they can find from the u19 seryfa league but will not be up to much I reckon.  If edinburgh south join, they'll be pony.  

Edinburgh Utd might be dark horses.  Lots of time and effort there, with decent coaches and some right good players at 2004 who might play there instead.

Friday nights will be fun this year.  Pity my grandson is too old to play now but at least I'll be able to follow him in LEAFA!

Just hope sense prevails and there is an ‘east’ and ‘West’ U20s league(s) whenever if ever 20-21 kicks off.

Going to Dumfries, Kilmarnock and Glasgow on a Friday night is crazy, particularly at some groups where there can just be a handful of supporters watching. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There has already been reported on the WoS Under 20's thread(?) that it is going to be split East and West with 2 sections in the east and 2 or 3 in the west, depending upon numbers.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dev said:

There has already been reported on the WoS Under 20's thread(?) that it is going to be split East and West with 2 sections in the east and 2 or 3 in the west, depending upon numbers.

 

Yip correct

from first hand source, it will be an East and West regionalization and two conference sin the East and two conferences in the West.

the only change to this could be if the season starts late and they may change it two 3 conference leagues in both East and West.

 

Upper Annnadale and Dunipace will play in the East with possibly 36 team while the West could have about 34 teams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Yip correct

from first hand source, it will be an East and West regionalization and two conference sin the East and two conferences in the West.

the only change to this could be if the season starts late and they may change it two 3 conference leagues in both East and West.

 

Upper Annnadale and Dunipace will play in the East with possibly 36 team while the West could have about 34 teams

What Upper Annandale will play in the East, they play at Benburb's ground in Glasgow, what sense does that make?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Nittenrab said:

What Upper Annandale will play in the East, they play at Benburb's ground in Glasgow, what sense does that make?

Don't shoot the messenger.
They enjoyed the league last season that much that they have decided that they want to go to the East as they believe its very experienced in the development league and want to experience it again.  It still ha to be confirmed by the league anyways so we will all know come the end of June
Hey I could be wrong, not very often though

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don't shoot the messenger.
They enjoyed the league last season that much that they have decided that they want to go to the East as they believe its very experienced in the development league and want to experience it again.  It still ha to be confirmed by the league anyways so we will all know come the end of June
Hey I could be wrong, not very often though
Do the teams in the east want to travel through to Glasgow on a Friday night? A bit of common sense is required here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
11 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:
Don't shoot the messenger.
They enjoyed the league last season that much that they have decided that they want to go to the East as they believe its very experienced in the development league and want to experience it again.  It still ha to be confirmed by the league anyways so we will all know come the end of June
Hey I could be wrong, not very often though

Do the teams in the east want to travel through to Glasgow on a Friday night? A bit of common sense is required here.

Nope that's why its likely to be regionalised but there were 6 west sided teams in the lowland league for season 20/21, (mid and Upper Annadale play in the SOS so are similar to Camelon and Dunipace), and it proved successful for most and not too many complained .
it will definitely make it easier regionalised.  But too many cant complain. if Upper Annadale do go to the East, they are the ones who will be traveling every second Friday to Edinburgh or Perth.Dundee etc...
Same at Mid Annandale, spare a though for them whatever region they are in and they are more East side than West when you look at a map, they will either have to travel up to Edinburgh, Perth Dundee etc... or if in the West travel up to Dumbarton, Glasgow, Lanarkshire, Ayrshire etc...

 

From what I'm lead to believe after this coming season, if the first team play in the East league, then their Development team will play in the East side.
I think this is a good idea as its giving everyone time to adjust.  The current U20s Dunipace team that takes over from last years team is a team who have played in a West Youth league and they stated they loved it but expect to be playing in the East in 21/22 as their first team is an East side so they will choose to stay in the East this coming season just to make it easier, 

from the chats I've heard in season 21/22 in the development league whatever side the first team are playing then the U20s team will do the same in the Development league

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Burnieman said:
11 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:
Don't shoot the messenger.
They enjoyed the league last season that much that they have decided that they want to go to the East as they believe its very experienced in the development league and want to experience it again.  It still ha to be confirmed by the league anyways so we will all know come the end of June
Hey I could be wrong, not very often though

Do the teams in the east want to travel through to Glasgow on a Friday night? A bit of common sense is required here.

Uppers will have to travel a lot more than teams from the East going to Glasgow for one game though. 

Defo needs a bit common sense though watch oot for the Lurker as Moffat to Glasgow might be a bit further than Glasgow to Alloa :whistle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

^^^small minded trolling. What a U-20 development league gets up to does not matter because there is no expectation of a regular home support showing up beyond friends and family of the players.

One of the positive developments in the west is that the unexpectedly large number of new entries from the WoS is happening because youth clubs are hooking up with junior teams to form player pathways as Edinburgh South could easily have done with a club like Dalkeith Thistle or Whitehill Welfare, if that's all that's on their agenda.

If they have bigger ambitions than being a youth club feeding into senior football then they should have a viable plan for going about getting an enclosed home ground in their home area, so they can function properly as a senior club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

^^^small minded trolling. What a U-20 development league gets up to does not matter because there is no expectation of a regular home support showing up beyond friends and family of the players.

One of the positive developments in the west is that the unexpectedly large number of new entries from the WoS is happening because youth clubs are hooking up with junior teams to form player pathways as Edinburgh South could easily have done with a club like Dalkeith Thistle or Whitehill Welfare, if that's all that's on their agenda.

If they have bigger ambitions than being a youth club feeding into senior football then they should have a viable plan for going about getting an enclosed home ground in their home area, so they can function properly as a senior club.

Don’t spout about trolling all the time. It just gets weary!

Also, don’t talk as if you are a Wikipedia spokesperson on lower league football as some of your posts are utter keek!

U-20s does matter and you only have to look at teams like Edinburgh United and Musselburgh Athletic to know it is/can be a gateway, if you are good enough to play for the main team. Last season, we also had three players in the main team, who actually asked to play a couple of matches for the U20s; one reason to get game time, for one reason or another and two, to give the younger players a bit of a lift and help guide some players through the match, giving advice / commentary to a few players. This was appreciated by players/ coaches at U20 and also supporters.

My club look at the team both as a development side, but also as part of the local community and try to integrate some players by inviting them along on a Saturday, to participate in warm-up and some get game time. They also get asked to some training sessions.

Finally - no expectation of a regular home support. I have no family or friends who play for the U20s. I don’t even stay in same town. But I have missed probably 3 U20s home matches in the two seasons since coming to EoS set up. I am joined with upwards of 10 similar supporters of main team - not all go to every match but certainly for the majority. In speaking to other fans on a Saturday, this then sometimes leads a fan coming to an U20s match, which they probably wouldn’t have before.

Two examples to make you at least think before coming here as an oracle of nothing! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unbelievable how words get twisted on here sometimes. The idea that I was suggesting what U-20 gets up to doesn't matter beyond the very narrow context of where home games get played is patently absurd. Sickening and beneath contempt what some people will stoop to.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Unbelievable how words get twisted on here sometimes. The idea that I was suggesting what U-20 gets up to doesn't matter beyond the very narrow context of where home games get played is patently absurd.

What a (should be an - but I am quoting you) U-20 development league gets up to does not matter because there is no expectation of a regular home support showing up beyond friends and family of the players.

Your words not mine - where am I twisting anything?

The league does matter as I tried to point out in my last post. Maybe your intellect does not allow you to see anyone else’s point as having some merit.

Still don’t have a clue where you come from, but in a home match we had this season, there was a crowd of over 100. The first 4 home matches had crowds of 74; 64; 109 and 70 - NOT all family and friends. Bigger crowds than some other teams get on a Saturday.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...