Premiership relegation

48 minutes ago, Shannon said:

Is there not 67 teams so 4 X 16 doesn't work?

16-16-17-18 would perhaps make most sense as teams in bottom division less likely to go as far in the cup competitions so gives them more league games from 2021-22 onwards.

Or could it be taking so long as perhaps thinking 18-16-16-17 long term?

I don't think there's a long term for just the 67 clubs. In the same way there was the 68th applicant that tried and failed, there's likely to be the odd St Cadoc's and Drumchapel United to come. Then there's promotion and relegation implications that could see the WoSFL change over time.

The only thoughts are likely to be on getting a shape in place for 2021-22. That would be easier to do top down since they'd definitely know they'd have the numbers for it.

9 hours ago, Shannon said:

Is there not 67 teams so 4 X 16 doesn't work?

16-16-17-18 would perhaps make most sense as teams in bottom division less likely to go as far in the cup competitions so gives them more league games from 2021-22 onwards.

Or could it be taking so long as perhaps thinking 18-16-16-17 long term?

Ffs aye bud forgot about the 3 clubs joining the ex junior's been that long from the announcement with very little info since then . Aye 16 top division anyway surely as they are most likely to be involved in latter stages of cup comps.

Could they go with 5 leagues instead? It would make it easier to fit other teams in when they apply. You'd have to assume the pyramid will only grow in numbers. Could do 14-14-14-12-11. Current structure doesn't lend itself to that any time soon right enough.

Alternatively they could regionalise further at tier 8.

4 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The top tier league will be 16 teams either from 2021-22 or the following season, that will depend on the vote. It won't be 14.

Top 16 league is the best way forward for me. Thirty League games, 1 home; 1 away against league sides and either 2 or 3 cup competitions. Satisfies most of the tick boxes.

7 minutes ago, glensmad said:

The top tier league will be 16 teams either from 2021-22 or the following season, that will depend on the vote. It won't be 14.

Agree clubs won't vote themselves out top league or vote for less opportunity to participate in top league. They would be better getting it done next season save  hassle working out lower division numbers if they don't.  Am expecting strong leadership and more common sense from WOSL 

On 27/06/2020 at 03:55, clash city rocker said:

Ffs aye bud forgot about the 3 clubs joining the ex junior's been that long from the announcement with very little info since then . Aye 16 top division anyway surely as they are most likely to be involved in latter stages of cup comps.

It's actually FOUR non-ex-junior clubs (Bonnyton, Glasgow Uni, Drumchapel Utd & St Cadocs) plus the 63 that are ex-WRSJFA.

There's currently a consultation paper gone out to WoSFL clubs regarding several issues, including the number of relegations from Tier 6 to Tier 7 in first two seasons (7 & 3 or 5 & 5) and the names to be used for the divisions once the new 4-tier structure is finalised (16+16+18+17 is apparently the split being aimed for, dependent on any existing clubs not surviving or new clubs joining in 2021).

Edited by archieb

5 hours ago, archieb said:

It's actually FOUR non-ex-junior clubs (Bonnyton, Glasgow Uni, Drumchapel Utd & St Cadocs) plus the 63 that are ex-WRSJFA.

There's currently a consultation paper gone out to WoSFL clubs regarding several issues, including the number of relegations from Tier 6 to Tier 5 in first two seasons (7 & 3 or 5 & 5) and the names to be used for the divisions once the new 4-tier structure is finalised (16+16+18+17 is apparently the split being aimed for, dependent on any existing clubs not surviving or new clubs joining in 2021).

Relegations from tier 6 to tier 5, Archie ?...This is truly a brand new world....Tell us more...:thumsup2

12 minutes ago, Black Pennel said:

Ach,...I see what you meant when I re-read it Archie..sorry.

But please don't tell me that we'll be calling it "Premiership, Championship, Diddieship, Awfulship"

Is there any reason we can't just call our new leagues WoSL divisions 1,2,3,4...?

You mean the I'm all right Jack Premiership and the A,B, C take it or leave it diddy leagues.

4 hours ago, Tutankhamen said:

Might be 67 teams today i'd expect to see that go down unless others join.

Why down?

Because i expect the top guns like Talbot etc to move on up into the Lowland League. 

But don't you expect Albion Rovers etc. to come down?

1 hour ago, Stag Nation said:

But don't you expect Albion Rovers etc. to come down?

Wouldn't surprise me to see the spfl2 play offs to change in the future, maybe the clubs 41 & 42 to play v the HL,LL winners in some sort of round robin thing - where you wouldn't guarantee the lower level sides to always go up. Just thinking of spfl self preservation working again 👎

Ach,...I see what you meant when I re-read it Archie..sorry.
But please don't tell me that we'll be calling it "Premiership, Championship, Diddieship, Awfulship"
Is there any reason we can't just call our new leagues WoSL divisions 1,2,3,4...?
I will be very surprised if the clubs stick to thise cringeworthy names again.

10 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

Hmmm,...what exactly is your problem with a merit based league structure Toots ?

I don't know if you've ever told us why you object to that idea...

Merit based as in all in it together starting afresh in the pyramid with 4 seeded conference leagues?

Sign me up.

Oh hold on, eh eh the SFA says they can only handle one league in the West. Right lads problem solved. Diddies can have ABC diddy leagues.

Psst, don't anybody mention when the EoSFL expanded a couple of years back they had all in Conference leagues for the first season.

If you fancy a four page arguement on Sporting Integrity fire on.