Premiership relegation

I really cannot believe that some of you are having a hissy fit over the naming of leagues .For f**k sake the world as we know it is in complete turmoli and we are filling our panty liners over the naming of leagues .It 's almost enough to make you go back to the "seniors " this makes us a friggin' laughing stock.On another note somebody had a pop at the wests fixture man ...when he took over he did an outstanding job ...compared to the cretin before him.No crime in not wanting to move towards the pyramid system 
Bizarre post.

29 minutes ago, Village elder said:

I really cannot believe that some of you are having a hissy fit over the naming of leagues .For f**k sake the world as we know it is in complete turmoli and we are filling our panty liners over the naming of leagues .It 's almost enough to make you go back to the "seniors " this makes us a friggin' laughing stock.On another note somebody had a pop at the wests fixture man ...when he took over he did an outstanding job ...compared to the cretin before him.No crime in not wanting to move towards the pyramid system 

Yer fixture man was openly hostile to setting up the WoSFL.

19 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I know the history behind the EPL/EFL names - which is why I said English non-league ;)  If this was England then it would be WOSFL Premier Division, WOSFL Division One etc (going by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system)

Spain begin well with La Liga and Segunda but their third tier is named Segunda División B and their fourth tier is named Tercera (which means third!).

But that's because it's only colloquially called segunda it's actually la liga 123 now. Its la liga badges on my ud las palmas shirt even though they were in 2nd tier

On 29/06/2020 at 08:36, Marten said:

Calling the top flight of a league system "premier" or something similar happens in many places. In The Netherlands for example the 4 national tiers are "eredivisie" (meaning "division of honour"), followed by the 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions. Below that when it goes regionalised the top flights are called "hoofdklasse" ("premier class"). Followed by 1st, 2nd 3rd etc. divisions. Similar naming structures are in place elsewhere. It's calling the 2nd tier "championship" that's really cringeworthy.

The top flight in Scotland has used Premier since 1975 - many years before England copied us with their Premiership (later Premier League).

7 minutes ago, Andy groundhopper said:

Seeing as it looks like NO football before October then season 20/21 will have to be planned differently, maybe the future divisions of 16 etc be put on the back burner for a while longer. As we're all friends together let's call West the Companionship 😀

The SPFL lower leagues are looking to do 27 game seasons from October with the Scottish Cup and League Cup. The Conferences in the WoSFL should be able to complete their 30 game season plus SCC, with possible Junior Cup & Scottish Cup for those that compete it in. I would probably hold off in introducing a WoSFL Cup competition to get the leagues done. Especially as the Conferences can run a little longer than the SPFL with no playoffs to factor in.

Trickier for the WoSFL "Premier" if they're doing a 38 game season, SCC, possible Junior & Scottish Cups and the need to time the league finish to be in line with the EoS Premier & SoSFL for any potential LL playoff.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

The SPFL lower leagues are looking to do 27 game seasons from October with the Scottish Cup and League Cup. The Conferences in the WoSFL should be able to complete their 30 game season plus SCC, with possible Junior Cup & Scottish Cup for those that compete it in. I would probably hold off in introducing a WoSFL Cup competition to get the leagues done. Especially as the Conferences can run a little longer than the SPFL with no playoffs to factor in.

Trickier for the WoSFL "Premier" if they're doing a 38 game season, SCC, possible Junior & Scottish Cups and the need to time the league finish to be in line with the EoS Premier & SoSFL for any potential LL playoff.

I'm a bit unsure about the junior cup as your not mentioning other Lowland domestic cups

Its the lowland league so all their cups under their control should be mandatory before the junior cup.  I've not heard what cups will be at the west but the junior cup games for the senior teams have to be fitted in with the lowland league schedule. So teams in the west will have the league games, the challenge cup, the senior Scottish  for some or one and usually another two domestic cups or a west cup and then it should be the Scottish Junior cup.    The Lowland league cannot let an outside cup run by a different organisation change the way they operate or intend to operate as I sure this would be detrimental to their season and running said of

October to May around 32 weeks, just needs a bad winter to upset things. Wonder if the WOSFL plan on arranging many night fixtures to get games played ? that on say Tues/weds would be great. The spfl should be able to get games cleared including night matches. Being a late start to the season, would they have a winter break again ?

1 hour ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I'm a bit unsure about the junior cup as your not mentioning other Lowland domestic cups

Its the lowland league so all their cups under their control should be mandatory before the junior cup.  I've not heard what cups will be at the west but the junior cup games for the senior teams have to be fitted in with the lowland league schedule. So teams in the west will have the league games, the challenge cup, the senior Scottish  for some or one and usually another two domestic cups or a west cup and then it should be the Scottish Junior cup.    The Lowland league cannot let an outside cup run by a different organisation change the way they operate or intend to operate as I sure this would be detrimental to their season and running said of

I mentioned the SCC and holding off on creating any WoSFL Cups in order to prioritise the league campaigns.

From what i've seen said the SPFL lower leagues are likely scrapping the Challenge Cup next year. The League Cup has been mentioned as being able to sit out as well. Say everyone in the SPFL competes in the League Cup and it retains its normal format. That's likely to be a 27 game league season, 4 League Cup group games (very rare to see a League One or Two side make the next round), plus a handful of Scottish Cup games at best. 32-34 gme season. That's teams that all have floodlights and are more able to work around postponements.

The WoSFL is looking at 30 rounds in the Conferences and 38 in the Premier if they do a double round robin. The SCC is sitting at 144 teams and the potential of a 8 game run in the competition. Glasgow University, Girvan and Auchinleck Talbot also have Scottish Cup participation.

A WoSFL Cup takes up 7 Rounds with the potential of a 6-7 game run to the final for two teams guaranteed. To me with the league commitments and SCC commitments adding that WoSFL competition is unnecessary considering the shortened calendar.

The Junior Cup only rates a mention because its already downgraded to working around the WoSFL and SCC. So its easier to shuffle around when dates free up from being knocked out the SCC or a league opponent still playing in the SCC postpones a league fixture as examples. Some clubs that retained SJFA membership might not even choose to participate in the 2020-21 Junior Cup due to the congested calendar as it is.

Edited by FairWeatherFan
SCC number adjustment

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I mentioned the SCC and holding off on creating any WoSFL Cups in order to prioritise the league campaigns.

From what i've seen said the SPFL lower leagues are likely scrapping the Challenge Cup next year. The League Cup has been mentioned as being able to sit out as well. Say everyone in the SPFL competes in the League Cup and it retains its normal format. That's likely to be a 27 game league season, 4 League Cup group games (very rare to see a League One or Two side make the next round), plus a handful of Scottish Cup games at best. 32-34 gme season. That's teams that all have floodlights and are more able to work around postponements.

The WoSFL is looking at 30 rounds in the Conferences and 38 in the Premier if they do a double round robin. The SCC is sitting at 144 teams and the potential of a 8 game run in the competition. Glasgow University, Girvan and Auchinleck Talbot also have Scottish Cup participation.

A WoSFL Cup takes up 7 Rounds with the potential of a 6-7 game run to the final for two teams guaranteed. To me with the league commitments and SCC commitments adding that WoSFL competition is unnecessary considering the shortened calendar.

The Junior Cup only rates a mention because its already downgraded to working around the WoSFL and SCC. So its easier to shuffle around when dates free up from being knocked out the SCC or a league opponent still playing in the SCC postpones a league fixture as examples. Some clubs that retained SJFA membership might not even choose to participate in the 2020-21 Junior Cup due to the congested calendar as it is.

The league comes first which we all agree and then it should be the main senior Scottish cup for the licensed teams or teams like Auchinleck who won their league and then its the South Challenge cup (is it 147 teams competing ?), so to me I cannot see that cup being scrapped as its the main cup that incorporates all the Lowland, West region, East region and south region teams from tier 5 down, so this is a huge cup so don't get why talk of scrapping it. There and I would expect there to be a couple of other cups and then the junior cup.

The reason why I say the junior cup is last on that list is that its not part of the association and run by others  so I can only see it causing problems and not all the teams in the West region have renewed their membership.   I don't see why teams who have not renewed their license or teams who are not part of the juniors membership who play in the West lose the chance of playing in a domestic cup so that the junior cup can work, that's not right so that's why I expect and know it should be domestic other cups priority.

In regarding the bold paragraph, yes 100% agree with you of the shortened season and somethings may have to suffer so if it the first to go would be the junior cup as its not part of the senior association.
What I will say
My view only here

It should be: league take priority, except for senior Scottish cup
then South Challenge cup
West of Scotland cup

1 or 2 other cups
Scottish junior cup

The South Challenge cup will come before the West of Scotland cup

5 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

South Challenge cup (is it 147 teams competing ?)

144 (17 Lowland League clubs, 67 WoSFL clubs, 12 SoSFL clubs, 48 EoSFL clubs). Stirling University EoS, Caledonian Braves SoS, Stranraer SoS do not compete in the competition.

9 minutes ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

so to me I cannot see that cup being scrapped as its the main cup that incorporates all the Lowland, West region, East region and south region teams from tier 5 down, so this is a huge cup so don't get why talk of scrapping it. There and I would expect there to be a couple of other cups and then the junior cup.

I've never said scrap the SCC, i've suggested not introducing a WoSFL Cup in 2020-21.

• minimum 40 games = Auchinleck Talbot with Premier, SCC + Scottish Cup
  • minimum 39 games = other WoSFL Premier + SCC
  • minimum 32 games = Girvan & Glasgow Universty with Conference play, SCC + Scottish Cup
  • minimum 29-31 games = the other WoSFL Conference sides + SCC

All of which his likely to be squeezed into a calendar running from October to May for WoSFL Premier sides. Possibly up until Euro 2020. Between the first Saturday of October and up to Euro 2020 there are only 36 Saturdays. Typically the SCC will see two Saturdays set aside without league fixtures scheduled You can just about squeeze everything above in taking into account additional midweek games that are scheduled in advance and for the covering of postponements. The WoSFL also has to consider finishing the Premier in line with the 34 game EoS Premier & 26 game SoSFL for the potential LL pyramid playoff.

If a club looks at that kind of schedule and wants to pariticipate in the Junior Cup then that's an individual club choice. They then have to make it round the WoSFL/Pyramid obligations. No different than the Fife Cup. A WoSFL Cup in 2020-21  on the other hand forces everyone into additional games in an already tight schedule.

If Season #1 is significantly shortened (as looks likely) the plan is for the WoSFL top division and conferences to each be split into 2 mini-conferences followed by play-offs to determine promotion & relegation places etc

21 minutes ago, archieb said:

If Season #1 is significantly shortened (as looks likely) the plan is for the WoSFL top division and conferences to each be split into 2 mini-conferences followed by play-offs to determine promotion & relegation places etc

So even more conferences in fact conferences in top division where conferences were not supposed to be ? :)

That has not been agreed or even formally discussed by the clubs. To say that "the plan is" as if the clubs have agreed to that is incorrect. It may turn out to be the case, depending on when we get started, but it is not an official plan that the clubs have agreed to.