Premiership relegation

44 minutes ago, fieldofdreams8 said:

Great so a lowland and east of scotland nobody in the west juniors know leading the way for our clubs what could possibly go wrong!  

The last couple of actions taken by the people they knew were dealing with a racist incident and backtracking on a decision that required an independent investigation.

By most account it seems like Dave McKenna is keeping the clubs fairly well informed of the goings on, so they probably know him a decent amount at this point. Even if that's not good enough for your tiny troll mind.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

One suggestion was Premiership, Championship, League One and League Two, but from the discussions that didn't seem to have much support.

The other options were Premier, Division One, Two and Three.
or
Premier, Division Two, Three and Four
or
One, Two, Three and Four.

Would be good if it was the same as the EOS so there's consistency in the regional leagues (i.e. option 1 but with First Division), same as the pre-SPFL days too.

On the other hand option 2 is nice as means the WOS 4th/9th pyramid tier is called Division Four.

The last West Junior fixture man who plenty fawned over on the Junior forum, who btw was pathological in his hatred of the pyramid. 

Never understood that since a 15 year old could create a season's league fixtures on a pc in a couple of hours.

Edited by Tutankhamen
Eff the SFA

You dont half spout some pish on here [emoji849]

The last West Junior fixture man who plenty fawned over on the Junior forum, who btw was pathological in his hatred of the pyramid. 
Never understood that since a 15 year old could create a season's league fixtures on a pc in a couple of hours.

Would be good if it was the same as the EOS so there's consistency in the regional leagues (i.e. option 1 but with First Division), same as the pre-SPFL days too.
On the other hand option 2 is nice as means the WOS 4th/9th pyramid tier is called Division Four.
As long as the 3rd tier isn't called League One and the 4th tier isn't called League Two. That is just daft.

WoSFL One to Four would be my personal choice, or Premier League, 2, 3 and 4. Anything other than this nonsense of Premiership, Championship, League One, League Two cringeworthy guff.

34 minutes ago, glensmad said:

As long as the 3rd tier isn't called League One and the 4th tier isn't called League Two. That is just daft.

WoSFL One to Four would be my personal choice, or Premier League, 2, 3 and 4. Anything other than this nonsense of Premiership, Championship, League One, League Two cringeworthy guff.

Totally agree.

Also, having a Premier and a 1st Division/League 1 is equally daft since (as we all know) Premier means 1st!

In case anyone's interested, the working group for the reconstruction of the WRSJFA Leagues 2+ years ago proposed the naming format of Premiership, Championship, League One, League Two at the request of then Regional President Felix McKenna. As I recall, nobody else on the group objected, and the assumption was that, if the clubs didn't like it, somebody would propose an amendment and they'd vote to change it at the AGM. But they didn't do that. So, if the 63 clubs now DON'T like it, they've only themselves to blame! 😄

Edited by archieb

35 minutes ago, archieb said:

Also, having a Premier and a 1st Division/League 1 is equally daft since (as we all know) Premier means 1st!

Seems no one has told the English non-leagues as they have Premier Division and Division One/Two etc being used all down the pyramid. :P

Edited by Ginaro

Seems no one has told the English non-leagues as they have Premier Division and Division One/Two etc being used all down the pyramid. [emoji14]

Yes, but for very different reasons. When England started using those names, it was because the Premiership was a breakaway from the English Football League. So the 2nd tier in England became the top tier under the auspices of the EFL and they were using the old English Division One "Championship" trophy. League One was their equivalent of our 1st Division and so on. So there was a bit of logic to it, although it was still daft. When the SPFL copied those names it was embarrassing, and and when the West juniors then did the same it was cringeworthy. They clearly hadn't a clue why the English chose those names and thought it was just an attempt to be trendy, a really bad attempt as well.

They should have looked around Europe at the other major leagues and seen the simplicity of their names. La Liga and Segunda (which means "second"). Serie A and Serie B. Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. Ligue 1 and Ligue 2.

Keep it simple and easy to understand for people who don't know the levels looking in from outside, e.g. new potential sponsors and supporters.

3 minutes ago, glensmad said:

Yes, but for very different reasons. When England started using those names, it was because the Premiership was a breakaway from the English Football League. So the 2nd tier in England became the top tier under the auspices of the EFL and they were using the old English Division One "Championship" trophy. League One was their equivalent of our 1st Division and so on. So there was a bit of logic to it, although it was still daft. When the SPFL copied those names it was embarrassing, and and when the West juniors then did the same it was cringeworthy. They clearly hadn't a clue why the English chose those names and thought it was just an attempt to be trendy, a really bad attempt as well.

They should have looked around Europe at the other major leagues and seen the simplicity of their names. La Liga and Segunda (which means "second"). Serie A and Serie B. Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2. Ligue 1 and Ligue 2.

Keep it simple and easy to understand for people who don't know the levels looking in from outside, e.g. new potential sponsors and supporters.

I know the history behind the EPL/EFL names - which is why I said English non-league ;)  If this was England then it would be WOSFL Premier Division, WOSFL Division One etc (going by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system)

Spain begin well with La Liga and Segunda but their third tier is named Segunda División B and their fourth tier is named Tercera (which means third!).

8 hours ago, Ginaro said:

I know the history behind the EPL/EFL names - which is why I said English non-league ;)  If this was England then it would be WOSFL Premier Division, WOSFL Division One etc (going by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_football_league_system)

Spain begin well with La Liga and Segunda but their third tier is named Segunda División B and their fourth tier is named Tercera (which means third!).

Calling the top flight of a league system "premier" or something similar happens in many places. In The Netherlands for example the 4 national tiers are "eredivisie" (meaning "division of honour"), followed by the 1st, 2nd and 3rd divisions. Below that when it goes regionalised the top flights are called "hoofdklasse" ("premier class"). Followed by 1st, 2nd 3rd etc. divisions. Similar naming structures are in place elsewhere. It's calling the 2nd tier "championship" that's really cringeworthy.

I really cannot believe that some of you are having a hissy fit over the naming of leagues .For f**k sake the world as we know it is in complete turmoli and we are filling our panty liners over the naming of leagues .It 's almost enough to make you go back to the "seniors " this makes us a friggin' laughing stock.On another note somebody had a pop at the wests fixture man ...when he took over he did an outstanding job ...compared to the cretin before him.No crime in not wanting to move towards the pyramid system 

18 minutes ago, Village elder said:

I really cannot believe that some of you are having a hissy fit over the naming of leagues .For f**k sake the world as we know it is in complete turmoli and we are filling our panty liners over the naming of leagues .It 's almost enough to make you go back to the "seniors " this makes us a friggin' laughing stock.On another note somebody had a pop at the wests fixture man ...when he took over he did an outstanding job ...compared to the cretin before him.No crime in not wanting to move towards the pyramid system 

So because we're in a global pandemic we can't state our opinion about football related matters on a football forum? I think "Championship", "League 1" and "League 2" for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th tier within one organisation is awful naming and clearly I'm not alone. Feel free to disagree but there is nothing wrong with having an opinion about how the leagues should be named.