Premiership relegation

14 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Merit based as in all in it together starting afresh in the pyramid with 4 seeded conference leagues?

Sign me up.

Oh hold on, eh eh the SFA says they can only handle one league in the West. Right lads problem solved. Diddies can have ABC diddy leagues.

Psst, don't anybody mention when the EoSFL expanded a couple of years back they had all in Conference leagues for the first season.

If you fancy a four page arguement on Sporting Integrity fire on.

AIUI the SFA's objection was because they couldn't provide enough referees etc. for an additional 30+ level 6 games each week. That wasn't a problem when the EOS expanded.

3 minutes ago, Stag Nation said:

AIUI the SFA's objection was because they couldn't provide enough referees etc. for an additional 30+ level 6 games each week. That wasn't a problem when the EOS expanded.

It's happened and we move on but don't lets rip the pish that it was somehow covered by Sporting Integrity.

My only worry is some elements still think they can pull the same snide tricks from Junior days.

Call ourselves Senior then we better act Senior.

It wasn't the referees that was an issue, it was the administration of discipline. The SFA said they didn't have the capacity to administer another 67 clubs under the Judicial Panel Protocol. So now the tier 6 is under the JPP, while discipline in the conferences (and the tiered leagues which will follow) will be administered by the WoSFL, under the same rules as the JPP.

It wasn't the referees that was an issue, it was the administration of discipline. The SFA said they didn't have the capacity to administer another 67 clubs under the Judicial Panel Protocol. So now the tier 6 is under the JPP, while discipline in the conferences (and the tiered leagues which will follow) will be administered by the WoSFL, under the same rules as the JPP.

Can I ask who is on the committee of the woSFL

Can I ask who is on the committee of the woSFL
The Lowland League board are administering the WoSFL at the moment, with Dave McKenna as Chairman and Andrew Waddell as Treasurer. George Fraser (LL chairman) is heavily involved as well as David Baxter (LL and EoSFL Secretary).

8 hours ago, glensmad said:
13 hours ago, Black Pennel said:
Ach,...I see what you meant when I re-read it Archie..sorry.
But please don't tell me that we'll be calling it "Premiership, Championship, Diddieship, Awfulship"
Is there any reason we can't just call our new leagues WoSL divisions 1,2,3,4...?

I will be very surprised if the clubs stick to thise cringeworthy names again.

Am I correct in saying this is also going to a vote?

The Lowland League board are administering the WoSFL at the moment, with Dave McKenna as Chairman and Andrew Waddell as Treasurer. George Fraser (LL chairman) is heavily involved as well as David Baxter (LL and EoSFL Secretary).

That’s fine will the west be having there own commitee eventually or is David McKenna and Andrew Waddell from a west club

That’s fine will the west be having there own commitee eventually or is David McKenna and Andrew Waddell from a west club
Dave McKenna is from East Kilbride FC. Andrew Waddell is from an East club, not sure which. Yes, eventually the clubs will vote for who takes these roles going forward.

4 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Andrew Waddell is on the management commitee of Edinburgh Uni

http://slfl.co.uk/team/edinburgh-university/

And unless there's another Andrew Waddell he would of been the original Lowland League Chair until George Fraser was elected to the role. So has previous experience of a start up.

10 hours ago, glensmad said:
15 hours ago, Black Pennel said:
Ach,...I see what you meant when I re-read it Archie..sorry.
But please don't tell me that we'll be calling it "Premiership, Championship, Diddieship, Awfulship"
Is there any reason we can't just call our new leagues WoSL divisions 1,2,3,4...?

I will be very surprised if the clubs stick to thise cringeworthy names again.

Let's bloody hope so. Any word on what the proposed names are?

Let's bloody hope so. Any word on what the proposed names are?
One suggestion was Premiership, Championship, League One and League Two, but from the discussions that didn't seem to have much support.

The other options were Premier, Division One, Two and Three.
or
Premier, Division Two, Three and Four
or
One, Two, Three and Four.

One suggestion was Premiership, Championship, League One and League Two, but from the discussions that didn't seem to have much support.

The other options were Premier, Division One, Two and Three.
or
Premier, Division Two, Three and Four
or
One, Two, Three and Four.
Premier, 1, 2 and 3 for me, the "championship" can get in the sea.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

And unless there's another Andrew Waddell he would of been the original Lowland League Chair until George Fraser was elected to the role. So has previous experience of a start up.

...and he was a pathologist and a top tier referee in his time.

24 minutes ago, fieldofdreams8 said:

Great so a lowland and east of scotland nobody in the west juniors know leading the way for our clubs what could possibly go wrong!  

Juniors are still dead in the West Traffers, they aint coming back. Time to let it go.