Premiership relegation

23 hours ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

I have to laugh at the legal action.
there would be no means of foundation to take them to court.
The WOSFL can have a top division of 5 if they wanted, no one could do anything about it, except the SFA if it's in the rules.
Darvel were part of the Junior league, they left to join the Lowland league under the WOSFL. New laws, new governance, new rules. They, as in Darvel including all member clubs are told that they will be able to pick who they want to run the league the following season and the Lowland will cover it the first season.  So what legal action can be taken.

It's common sense any teams who leaves Association to join a New Association will have to follow their rules, even if they don't like it.

What is hard for you or anyone else to understand on that matter, its just common sense

Who mentioned Darvel?

Could that be a 'pro junior' chap talking crap again, just let it go eh. Think a 20 team division with 38 games & cups would be difficult to complete in a normal winter - aiming for a 16 with a few early season evening k.o games thrown in,looks possible. Think the SFA should take most of the  blame over the conference's, their ineptitude shines brightly.

On 10 June 2020 at 09:06, glensmad said:

It is to be discussed at the Zoom conference calls with all of the member clubs next week, and the clubs will be asked to vote by email at some point after that.

You are correct, the two options are 7 down next summer or 5 down for the next two summers.

For me it's a no-brainer. 5 down not only means that two teams stay in tier 6 that would otherwise be relegated, but it also means that two more teams from the conferences will make it into the tier 7 league for season 2021-22, i.e. the two 5th placed teams with the best record.

The only down side to 5 down is that, at the end of season 2021-22, five teams would also need to be relegated from tier 7 to balance out the leagues again.

In a 7-down scenario, the two best-record 5th placed Conferences teams (who would go into tier 7 in a 5-down scenario) would now drop to tier 8, as well as two more teams from tier 6 dropping to tier 7.

With season 2020-21 likely to be shortened and potentially imbalanced, I think it's harsh to be relegating 7 teams in those circumstances. Also bear in mind that, if a team is relegated from the Lowland League to the WoSFL and nobody is promoted in the other direction, then it would need to be 8 down from tier 6. That would be 40% of the league.

It only takes a team to have a dodgy start to the season and they may not recover in time, and you might see some big team names involved in that. They'd be crazy to vote to potentially put themselves in that danger, in my opinion.

That's only my thoughts, though. Others will possibly see it differently.

Can't say i give a f**k about the Premier shysters.

My view is

It should be 7 down and straight to 16 

Every season after 3 up 3 down 

The reason we have 20 team Premier was to support the Elite teams to stay in top tier after promises of conferences involving all clubs 

Easy solution for those who are concerned make sure you finish top 13 

1 hour ago, Glass ceiling said:

My view is

It should be 7 down and straight to 16 

Every season after 3 up 3 down 

The reason we have 20 team Premier was to support the Elite teams to stay in top tier after promises of conferences involving all clubs 

Easy solution for those who are concerned make sure you finish top 13 

Think I recognise this guy...