Premiership relegation

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

again imagine saying to someone if they are calm when you don't know them, met them or know what they are doing right now,

what relegation, from the championship, ill leave it for you to bring back on track 

When you're feeling better later, read through your posts again and you'll see why I came to that conclusion.

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

I'm pointing out that you are contradicting what Glensmad is saying. Stop being arsey and have either a civil conversation or a laugh.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWr2yq-WsAIYIay?format=png&name=900x900

24th March 2020 all the Lowland pyramid leagues and WRJFA agree to the all in Conference idea. 28th April 2020 the news comes out about the SFA saying they'll only accept a 17 team league at tier 6.

This all happens in the middle of a series of meetings between the LL/WOSFL committee and the WoSFL members. I'm sure there were many proposals put forth as alternatives by the WoSFL members at this time, one of which that gained the most traction was the 20 team league idea. The LL/WoSFL go back to the SFA with a counter proposal based on the response from their members. The SFA agree to the 20 team league.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EWr2yq-WsAIYIay?format=png&name=900x900

24th March 2020 all the Lowland pyramid leagues and WRJFA agree to the all in Conference idea. 28th April 2020 the news comes out about the SFA saying they'll only accept a 17 team league at tier 6.

This all happens in the middle of a series of meetings between the LL/WOSFL committee and the WoSFL members. I'm sure there were many proposals put forth as alternatives by the WoSFL members at this time, one of which that gained the most traction was the 20 team league idea. The LL/WoSFL go back to the SFA with a counter proposal based on the response from their members. The SFA agree to the 20 team league.

Thanks for clearing that up Fairweather
So all in all, the Lowland league had to put forward a proposal to which the SFA allowed to stand and this proposal was arranged with chats with all the member teams of the WOSFL including representatives of the, LL,/WOSFL committee and its members, that being representatives of the 67 WOSFL teams

1 minute ago, Bestsinceslicebread said:

Thanks for clearing that up Fairweather
So all in all, the Lowland league had to put forward a proposal to which the SFA allowed to stand and this proposal was arranged with chats with all the member teams of the WOSFL including representatives of the, LL,/WOSFL committee and its members, that being representatives of the 67 WOSFL teams

All I know is the LL/WoSFL committee went back to the membersip explaining the above. Conferences at tier 6 were not happening, the SFA want a 17 team league. And to get SFA approval they need to accept the SFA's structure.

The membership responded with a counter proposal which the LL/WoSFL committee put to the SFA and was approved.

2 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

What if the season was declared null and void would that not change it

Not sure your getting what I mean, apologies if its not been conveyed the way I had hoped, my bad
When you join a new association you join their rules an regulations and what happened to your team in the past has nothing to do with the new association, so they can add you where they see fit.

The Lowland league, South of Scotland, East of Scotland have nothing to do with the way the Juniors run their leagues, absolutely nothing.
The LL if they wanted could just say, every team that's starts with the letter A, B and C will go in at tier 6 if they wanted, obviously there would be aa big kick up but still its their association so they run it how they see fit and make sure it stays within the SFA guidelines.
The LL was told by SFA that they cannot have conferences in tier 6 so after consultation with all the WOS members they decided on a 20 team division to save, what they thought was the least hassle

Given that 20/21 is likely to be different to normal, would it be reasonable for the 20 team division to be split into two 10 team divisions,18 games plus cups plus bad weather p-p games maybe easier to fit into a later start. Also as it's just the Conference winners who go up, will most clubs be happy with this until the divisions are sorted ? 

15 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

What if the season was declared null and void would that not change it

It's meaningless.

The West Region only ever declared division winners. The WoSFL on the other hand seeded all 63 teams from the WRSJFA with their own approach independent of the West Region's decision making.

It's meaningless.
The West Region only ever declared division winners. The WoSFL on the other hand seeded all 63 teams from the WRSJFA with their own approach independent of the West Region's decision making.

Do you actually believe that [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

5 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Do you actually believe that emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Now I don't know what to believe anymore ,I took it all as gospel truth (stupidly)  when it was all announced. Think I'm going into meltdown, but it all seems that regarding the WOSFL  and it's relevant tiers, the SFA just can't organise the proverbial piss up 🍺 As said by other posts, New league,new rules.

4 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

All I know is the LL/WoSFL committee went back to the membersip explaining the above. Conferences at tier 6 were not happening, the SFA want a 17 team league. And to get SFA approval they need to accept the SFA's structure.

The membership responded with a counter proposal which the LL/WoSFL committee put to the SFA and was approved.

So there was no truth in legal action being threatened against a 17 team league?

Spoiler

53 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

So there was no truth in legal action being threatened against a 17 team league?

Reveal hidden contents

I have to laugh at the legal action.
there would be no means of foundation to take them to court.
The WOSFL can have a top division of 5 if they wanted, no one could do anything about it, except the SFA if it's in the rules.
Darvel were part of the Junior league, they left to join the Lowland league under the WOSFL. New laws, new governance, new rules. They, as in Darvel including all member clubs are told that they will be able to pick who they want to run the league the following season and the Lowland will cover it the first season.  So what legal action can be taken.

It's common sense any teams who leaves Association to join a New Association will have to follow their rules, even if they don't like it.

What is hard for you or anyone else to understand on that matter, its just common sense

Edited by Bestsinceslicebread

51 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Do you actually believe that emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Well let's see if the West Region have the backbone to go back to their original decision, and we'll see from there.

39 minutes ago, Blackie Gold said:

Reveal hidden contents

That's one conspiracy theory. Wasn't the other that Talbot and Pollok went behind everyone's back to complain about the all in Conferences to the SFA?

On 10/06/2020 at 10:49, beith19 said:

I believe it is getting reduced to 16 teams whether in one season or two, and promotion from conferences isn't impacted as still only the conference winners going up so hardly unfair on conference teams?

Albeit harsh you have to win it to be  promoted. Maybe going to 4 relegated when it is a top 16 and then a play off between the 3 second placed teams?

But there won't be '3 second placed teams' after Season #1, as the conferences are for one season only (unless the member clubs vote to keep them, which is highly unlikely!)

Some sort of decision DOES need to be made though about the final league structure that's being aimed for as, if a 16-team division is the ideal size, a 67-team total doesn't fit that model

Edited by archieb