Premiership relegation

31 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

It was going to be a 17 team league. Most would probably rather avoid the odd number teams, at which point you had the shared title for the WRSJFA Championship. You couldn't just pick one to make it up to 18. That's how you end up with the 20.

It would have been a 17 team league if full relegation and promotion had taken place based on PPG or if relegation & promotion was scrapped. A 20 team league is the consequence of a fudge and a reluctance to make eggy decisions.

It would have been a 17 team league if full relegation and promotion had taken place based on PPG or if relegation & promotion was scrapped. A 20 team league is the consequence of a fudge and a reluctance to make eggy decisions.
If the WRSJFA had declared relegation and promotion then you may have a point. But they didn't. The LL-WoSFL did what they were told to do by the SFA. There was no fudge by the LL-WoSFL, they had no choice to make. If they hadn't obeyed the order, the WoSFL wouldn't have even been approved for ratification at the SFA AGM.

The way I see it, if it had been 17 in year 1, the aim would have been to finish in the top 13. Any below that go into tier 7.
It's been pushed up to 20, (the reason behind it is irrelevant) so now the aim is still to finish in the top 13. Any below still go into tier 7.
Get it done in one year and we can then move on with the structure that it was always meant to be.

If the WRSJFA had declared relegation and promotion then you may have a point. But they didn't. The LL-WoSFL did what they were told to do by the SFA. There was no fudge by the LL-WoSFL, they had no choice to make. If they hadn't obeyed the order, the WoSFL wouldn't have even been approved for ratification at the SFA AGM.

If you decide winners then you gotta decide relegation I’m not blaming SFA or LL this lies squarely on the WRSJFA and there inability to relegate 3 teams while promoting 3 that’s what the problem is

The most laughable decision i've seen in decades of watching numerous levels and grades of football. 
Only a organisation like the sfa and its puppets in the lowland could have came up with such a decision a 20 team league with that many relegation places in a post pandemic world where clubs will be lucky to play twenty games all in next season really the height of incompetent management. 
The only laughable thing about this is your number of different log-ins and usernames over the past few weeks, and the fact that you don't think anyone has noticed. [emoji23]

If you decide winners then you gotta decide relegation I’m not blaming SFA or LL this lies squarely on the WRSJFA and there inability to relegate 3 teams while promoting 3 that’s what the problem is
The WRSJFA is finished this season. So why would they need to relegate or promote anyone. Where were they relegating or promoting them to?

The WRSJFA is finished this season. So why would they need to relegate or promote anyone. Where were they relegating or promoting them to?
We don't agree very often but we do on this one. You can't promote or relegate teams into leagues which weren't going to exist.

1 hour ago, glensmad said:

5 down actually benefits the Conference teams as two extra would be in tier 7 for 2021-22. It doesn't affect them negatively at all.

Yes it does, you have already stated that the downside to 5 being relegated means at the end of season 2021/22, 5 would need to be relegated from the conferences to balance the leagues? 

Edited by Krfc 10

2 minutes ago, Krfc 10 said:

Yes it does, you have already stated that the downside to 5 being relegated means at the end of season 2021/22, 5 would need to be relegated from the conferences to balance the leagues? 

Seriously

its not going to effect because there will always be 3 promoted from the tier 7 division
this season the 3 conference winners

and then when there is a championship at tier 7, then 3 teams will be promoted and 3 teams promoted from tier 8

So who decided on the three teams going up how were they promoted if there was nowhere to promote them too. You could easily relegated them to where the 3 promoted clubs were going to be playing or were they going to be playing in a wee league of 3

So who decided on the three teams going up how were they promoted if there was nowhere to promote them too. You could easily relegated them to where the 3 promoted clubs were going to be playing or were they going to be playing in a wee league of 3
The LL-WoSFL decided that, not the WRSJFA.

The LL-WoSFL decided that, not the WRSJFA.

Who is WOSFL and don’t say west of Scotland football league who are the people on this committee board or whatever they want to call themselves. Why do they have the right to promote but not relegate. Why should Bonnyton be above teams like shotts, who if they had won their games in hand would only be 1 point behind Cumbernauld with more than a quarter of the league to go. Bonnyton were a tier 6 I get that but is their a tier 7 in south of Scotland leagues I honestly don’t know maybe you can tell me

3 minutes ago, classof2010 said:

Who is WOSFL and don’t say west of Scotland football league who are the people on this committee board or whatever they want to call themselves. Why do they have the right to promote but not relegate. Why should Bonnyton be above teams like shotts, who if they had won their games in hand would only be 1 point behind Cumbernauld with more than a quarter of the league to go. Bonnyton were a tier 6 I get that but is their a tier 7 in south of Scotland leagues I honestly don’t know maybe you can tell me

There obviously isn't and I'll be very surprised if they don't find the going extremely tough in the company they'll be in, but the fact remains that they were already in a pre-existing Tier 6 league, whereas in pyramid terms the ex-SJFA teams were coming in from outside any recognised structure regardless of how strong they are.

They're not really the problem, and they'll find their true level eventually.  The real issue is the whole ungainly 20 team top tier where it's unlikely teams will be able to play each other more than once over the coming season, and which falls squarely into the "seemed like a good idea to someone at the time" category.

2 hours ago, glensmad said:
2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Why do you keep defending the LL-WoSFL when I'm not actually accusing them?

I couldn't give two shiny jobbys whose decision it was. It's mental to have a 20 team league and should have been avoided at all costs. As it is, it may take two full seasons to sort the bag of washing out.

Edited by jimbaxters

There obviously isn't and I'll be very surprised if they don't find the going extremely tough in the company they'll be in, but the fact remains that they were already in a pre-existing Tier 6 league, whereas in pyramid terms the ex-SJFA teams were coming in from outside any recognised structure regardless of how strong they are.
They're not really the problem, and they'll find their true level eventually.  The real issue is the whole ungainly 20 team top tier where it's unlikely teams will be able to play each other more than once over the coming season, and which falls squarely into the "seemed like a good idea to someone at the time" category.

That’s one question answered about Bonnyton and it not obvious there isn’t a lower tier or I wouldn’t of asked the question. 20 teams in any season would be hard plus play offs at the end but this season it’s gonna be impossible.

1 minute ago, marconi said:

i may have missed it but what happened to the  investigation into the null and void decision of the west region and would that  have any impact on the 20 team league situation 

it wont have any impact as it nothing to do with the WOS, Lowland League or 20 team Division
That's noting to do with any of them

i may have missed it but what happened to the  investigation into the null and void decision of the west region and would that  have any impact on the 20 team league situation 
I don't think it's been announced yet, but no it would not have any impact on anything to do with the WoSFL.