My experience with a plumber today

1 hour ago, Bert Raccoon said:

Brut? A jobbie brown coloured sink? Are you some sort of 70s enthusiast?

37 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Never knew they had P&B in the 1970s.

25 minutes ago, Gaz said:

That sink min 🙈 are you posting from the 70s?

24 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm not sure if he's been asked yet, so I'll do it anyway, but is the OP posting from the 70's?

13 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Can someone clarify, is the OP posting from the 70s.

Maybe he's a time travelling doctor......actually that sounds like a good idea for a TV series :P

1 minute ago, Doctor said:

Doubling down on the 70's accusations with a picture of the fireplace 

thumbnail_20200609_213654.thumb.jpg.b50e61e7b8a58a171d81c97d87cac220.jpg

Surprisingly still a few of those kicking about, usually as part of the integrated fire/back boiler units that became all the rage in the 1980's, they were still being fitted as recent as 20 years ago. 

I still encounter two or three a year when doing gas safety inspections for letting agents/landlords. 

3 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Surprisingly still a few of those kicking about, usually as part of the integrated fire/back boiler units that became all the rage in the 1980's, they were still being fitted as recent as 20 years ago. 

I still encounter two or three a year when doing gas safety inspections for letting agents/landlords. 

This a surprising thing to hear @Flybhoy I've worried about the damn thing since I moved in 9 years ago, its seemed to hold out this long but I get the feeling its gonna pack up on me every winter. 

23 minutes ago, Doctor said:

This a surprising thing to hear @Flybhoy I've worried about the damn thing since I moved in 9 years ago, its seemed to hold out this long but I get the feeling its gonna pack up on me every winter. 

If you use it please tell me you get it serviced/cleaned once a year and have a carbon monoxide alarm in the vicinity?

If not serviced/cleaned and a flue flow test performed on it, the danger if it is integrated into a back boiler unit is the heat exchanger fins can clog up with dust, dirt and all sorts of crap affecting the flue flow and resulting in products of combustion flowing back into the room, even fires without a BBU can be affected by birds nesting in the chimney and causing the same issue, all of which results in Carbon Monoxide poisoning if left unchecked and no audible alarm in the room.

These units, if not serviced regularly are a potential death trap, hence their gradual phasing out.