Summer Transfers of '20

17 hours ago, virginton said:

'Goalkeeper' Sam Ramsbottom has been posting on social media about being a free agent which indicates that he has been released by Morton with immediate effect. 

Hide contents

Herrera 7

Can we assume his Morton FC YouTube highlights package will be no longer than 30 seconds? 

2 hours ago, M0rtonfc said:

Can we assume his Morton FC YouTube highlights package will be no longer than 30 seconds? 

He will focus on the penalty saves in the Betfred cup shootout with QOS, not the goals he chucked in before that to surrender our 2 goal advantage.

33 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

He will focus on the penalty saves in the Betfred cup shootout with QOS, not the goals he chucked in before that to surrender our 2 goal advantage.

I feel I may have been a bit too generous with the 30 seconds shout.

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Going by on here and on twitter, he was certainly not released emoji23.png

"Released" is a pretty meaningless term anyway. It implies a unilateral decision by a club who would in fact have to honour any existing contract unless the player agreed otherwise.

Fundamentally his contract expired on 31st July and he exercised his prerogative to join a new employer regardless of whether or not Morton tried or wanted to keep him.

He has joined Raith Rovers upon expiry of his existing contractual obligation to Morton.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

"Released" is a pretty meaningless term anyway. It implies a unilateral decision by a club who would in fact have to honour any existing contract unless the player agreed otherwise.

Fundamentally his contract expired on 31st July and he exercised his prerogative to join a new employer regardless of whether or not Morton tried or wanted to keep him.

He has joined Raith Rovers upon expiry of his existing contractual obligation to Morton.

Tldr version:

"left".

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Not near as bad as that.

But is he in any way competent? Half the teams don't have a GK as of yet but I'd imagine he wouldn't make the top 5 once all teams have a starting keeper IMO. Might be wrong of course, just that seems to be the perception and he's never looked decent when I've watched him on TV.