Summer Transfers of '20

1 minute ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

I don’t get why they’d waste a loan signing on a player that’s not going to play though..?

I guess they don't expect to need 6 domestic loans anyway, but yes, I agree. It's completely bizarre. They might just as well have kept hold of Doyle and let Stewart go to sit on Kilmarnock's bench instead.

On 13/08/2020 at 17:45, Skyline Drifter said:

I guess they don't expect to need 6 domestic loans anyway, but yes, I agree. It's completely bizarre. They might just as well have kept hold of Doyle and let Stewart go to sit on Kilmarnock's bench instead.

I would assume that Doyle is on much, much more money than Stewart given their career arcs and so Hearts are shifting a significant amount of money off their books for a backup role. That's really not bizarre at all tbh. 

On 14/08/2020 at 17:05, D'Jaffo said:

Kris Doolan signs for Arbroath.

This on the other hand should be surprising to anyone who has seen Doolan play over the past twelve months, as he has looked completely finished at this level. He has cited an ongoing injury that hindered his performance during his brief stint at Morton before the lockdown but it's not as if he was doing much better at Ayr prior to that. 

At least he hasn't taken the standard, shameless mercenary route and dropped seventeen levels to play for East Kilbride or Darvel. 

Edited by vikingTON

32 minutes ago, virginton said:

This on the other hand should be surprising to anyone who has seen Doolan play over the past twelve twenty four months, as he has looked completely finished at this level. He has cited an ongoing injury that hindered his performance during his brief stint at Morton before the lockdown but it's not as if he was doing much better at Ayr prior to that. 

At least he hasn't taken the standard, shameless mercenary route and dropped seventeen levels to play for East Kilbride or Darvel. 

Fixed that for you.

As for Doyle / Stewart, yes, possibly a fair point but if Kilmarnock were picking up Doyle's entire cost then presumably they'd just have signed him and not wasted a loan on him. I'm assuming Hearts are continuing to pick up at least some of his cost. Granted the chances are they are financially better off for the total transaction and Kilmarnock are paying them more than they are paying Livingston. I'm not really sure why they felt the need to have a third senior keeper at the club anyway unless there is an imminent likelihood of Zlemal departing too. If they are hit with injuries later they'd be able to bring a keeper in at that point. It just looks like wasted money on Stewart to be honest.

20% of Doyle's wage (for argument's sake) plus 100% of Stewart's wage is still likely to be far lower than the cost of keeping the former at the club. Which he might also kick up a fuss about given that he now has zero chance of being a first choice starter at a mature stage in a goalkeeper's career. Presumably Zlamal will be off but this is Ann Budge's Hearts we're dealing with so expecting 100% logic might be a stretch. 

As for the timing, it's worth remembering how few goalkeepers are actually available this summer at Championship level with several clubs still in the market for one. I very much doubt that even a mediocre option like Stewart would still be available for Hearts to pick up on a loan during the middle of the season: he'd have been long since sent out to another club (quite possibly Morton). In that position at least the extra loan capacity isn't much use given the dearth of credible options to begin with.

Edited by vikingTON

Morton, QOS, Ayr all definitely in the market for a keeper, Killie were again needing one and Motherwell now also needing a backup. There's a lot of options out there for the few that will be available. 

Dundee fans desperate to be added to that list but it's not happening, they are stuck with Hamilton.

Glad Stewart went to Hearts rather than turning  up at Morton but still not holding out much hope for what we will end up with.

Edited by Jamie_M

Morton, QOS, Ayr all definitely in the market for a keeper with Killie again needing one and Motherwell now also needing a backup. There's a lot of options out there for the few that will be available. 
Dundee fans desperate to be added to that list but it's not happening, they are stuck with Hamilton.
Glad Stewart went to Hearts rather than turning  up at Morton but still not holding out much hope for what we will end up with.

Surely Killie aren’t going to be signing a 3rd choice goalie? They’ve just brought in Doyle and they’ve still got Rogers.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely Killie aren’t going to be signing a 3rd choice goalie? They’ve just brought in Doyle and they’ve still got Rogers.

No, I meant they were needing one before they chose Doyle, although if they continue with Rogers as number 1, that could easily change.

3 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

No, I meant they were needing one before they chose Doyle, although if they continue with Rogers as number 1, that could easily change.

They've signed 3 goalkeepers already this Summer. After their first got injured they went on and got Doyle.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Dan Pybus signs a new deal with QOTS so I’ve removed him from the outgoing list. Joe McKee has also signed for them from Dumbarton.

Jumping the gun a bit with these. Nothing on official website. 

Jumping the gun a bit with these. Nothing on official website. 

Scott Burns though.

Plus, are QOTS not pretty poor at actually announcing signings. From what I remember they don’t usually announce players signing new contracts.