Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

I’ve been thinking recently that maybe a football club does have a natural decline, and there’s no doubt that Stranraer are on the decline and have been for decades (in terms of local interest). Maybe that’s okay as I got to enjoy some good times.
I also read that the Lowland League would be the end of the club but I see no reason why it would have to be. I’ll celebrate a Stranraer goal against Drummore United just as happily as I would a goal against Stenhousemuir.

I wouldn't disagree with the sentiment of the post, " your team is your team". The first team you see is usually "your team", I remember going to Stair Park in 1965 or 66 with my Granda to watch the Blues play Brechin City. Doesn't matter what level they play at the Blues are the best team in the U.K.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Clayhole Blue said:

Anyone else think Tam Orr made the wrong choice in the summer?

Not necessarily.  

The manager at Stenhousemuir was reputedly given a generous budget,

so presumably that was a factor in Orr's decision. He scored 11 goals in 22 games for Stranraer.

And he's scored 3 goals in 6 games with Stennie. 

Even if the season goes very badly for them, if he continues to score goals,

there will be no shortage of managers lining up to ask for his signature.

Not a problem for a travelling player.

7 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Not necessarily.  

The manager at Stenhousemuir was reputedly given a generous budget,

so presumably that was a factor in Orr's decision. He scored 11 goals in 22 games for Stranraer.

And he's scored 3 goals in 6 games with Stennie. 

Even if the season goes very badly for them, if he continues to score goals,

there will be no shortage of managers lining up to ask for his signature.

Not a problem for a travelling player.

Well said. I can understand wanting to play for a manger who you trust and have played for before. Potentially getting a payrise, likely having to travel less on a week to week basis etc. 

Also difficult to make a judgement on a decision based on a game so early in the season. 

I was not at the game yesterday however from what I have heard it was a good performance from us and a much needed home victory. Sounds like we played well for the second consecutive week and were able to find the back of the net at home for the first time.

As the season goes on we seem to be evolving our play and starting to gel and hopefully this bodes well, especially with some of the players who have been injured/isolating coming back and giving us options.  

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

A bit of a left field question, but my mate is a Killie fan and he says he saw Curtis Lyle up at Rugby Park on Saturday. Thought he was with you guys until at least January?

Jamie Hamill mentioned after the game at the weekend that Curtis has an injury. No indication of when he will be available again though...

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Hey folks. My mate and I are getting the early train to Stranraer this Saturday and will be there around 11.00am. Is the Stranraer football bar still open and if so what time does it open? What other bars do you recommend or should we definitely avoid? Thanks in advance.

We had a pint in the Stranraer football bar when Ed City were down there the other month so it's open.

On 26/10/2021 at 14:38, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Hey folks. My mate and I are getting the early train to Stranraer this Saturday and will be there around 11.00am. Is the Stranraer football bar still open and if so what time does it open? What other bars do you recommend or should we definitely avoid? Thanks in advance.

Stranraer FC Fitba' Bar open at 11am.  Carling £2.80 a pint, Tennants £3.00. 

Guest mr_malcolm
Stranraer FC Fitba' Bar open at 11am.  Carling £2.80 a pint, Tennants £3.00. 

2 pet hates .

People spelling tennents as tennants and college as collage

• 2 months later...

Hi there. Trying to organise a bus to the Stranraer v Stirling game of on Sat 15th Jan but we don’t know what Stranraer are doing for match entry.

i didn’t see an entry on FanBase for Stranraer so I assume that is not happening.

Is it turn up and pay at the gate?

thanks in advance.

John

11 hours ago, Ray Vaughn said:

Hi there. Trying to organise a bus to the Stranraer v Stirling game of on Sat 15th Jan but we don’t know what Stranraer are doing for match entry.

i didn’t see an entry on FanBase for Stranraer so I assume that is not happening.

Is it turn up and pay at the gate?

thanks in advance.

John

The last 5 Stair Park game attendances have been 312, 235, 258, 272, and 337 so should be no problem. Look out for Stranraer FC twitter or Facebook page for admission info. We just pay at the gate.

14 hours ago, stranraerfc1870 said:

The last 5 Stair Park game attendances have been 312, 235, 258, 272, and 337 so should be no problem. Look out for Stranraer FC twitter or Facebook page for admission info. We just pay at the gate.

Never thought that it would bust the 500 mark but it’s a long way to come to be messed around when we get there.

I’ll have a look at FB and Twitter then as the website was an info-free zone.

• 2 weeks later...