Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

Absolutely stunned, shocked and deeply saddened by the news. Completely agree with the post above. I have a role that takes me to lots of clubs, often meeting people behind the scenes, and I can safely say that Shaun was one of the kindest and most helpful people I've ever met in football, as well as being one of the most passionate and knowledgeable. Every club would be better off with someone like Shaun involved. 

One of my best mates and truly still stunned by the news.

He not only loved his hometown club but he had a passion for the game at this level. 

Feel for his colleagues at Stranraer who were truly choked when they told me today. He’ll be a massive miss to everyone who knew him.

One of the Directors I most looked forward to meeting up with pre and post match. He loved his club but was also able to to analyse the game without bitterness, whatever the result. There was always mutual respect as supporters of lower division sides. 

He was a great guy and I am deeply saddened/ shocked at his passing. 

He must have been so proud to have been Chairperson of the club he loved. 

RIP Shaun

Edited by Cosmic Joe

I first met Shaun 15 years ago or so in Owens bar Coatbridge on a Tuesday night,

The game got called off just as the Stranraer fans started getting to the pub,

Got talking to Shaun and it ended with us getting put out at closing times,

After that we always met up had a laugh,

A really likable guy, very easy to get on with as everyone here agrees and just a genuinely nice human being.

I will miss him sorely and miss looking out for him whenever Rovers play Stranraer. I offer my sincere condolences to all his family, friends and those who knew him much better than I did

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...