Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

Must say, I hope you guys get your sh*t together in time for the season kicking off. I don't know how serious or not the situation is but I've always enjoyed a trip to stair park and would hate to see this as some sort of 'beginning of the end'. Might be a tad dramatic etc but as I said I don't know how serious or not the whole thing is and genuinely hope you boys do ok.

#weareallthomas62

11 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Big jolly b*****d keeps eating the mince pies I leave out so the jury is still out...

Aye , he’s also been known to take the dram that is left out, must have a heck of a capacity if we all do that , no wonder he avoids the polis at ground level 

15 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Who is favourite for the managers job?

Been very little speculation. 

Would imagine the committee met on Monday night so hopefully here something by the end of the week. 

I would have Jamie Hamill and Alan Jenkins down as two applicants. After that I’m not too sure. 
Not so long a go a former committee member said nobody wouldn’t want the Stranraer job .

Guest Peter LaFleur

Not sure if this has been asked already but Ruari Paton has been linked in the Falkirk thread numerous times this week. Any info? Could he make the step-up to league 1?

2 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Not sure if this has been asked already but Ruari Paton has been linked in the Falkirk thread numerous times this week. Any info? Could he make the step-up to league 1?

Has enthusiasm and passion in abundance. He wasn’t at every week with us but scored some important goals and as big part of our season. 
Has to be admired, took a knock back from Hibs and stayed in the country, plugged away, probably deserves a crack a full time. 
Seems a good boy too. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
7 hours ago, Mattmc said:

Has enthusiasm and passion in abundance. He wasn’t at every week with us but scored some important goals and as big part of our season. 
Has to be admired, took a knock back from Hibs and stayed in the country, plugged away, probably deserves a crack a full time. 
Seems a good boy too. 

😂 sounds like a jobber who tries hard. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 hours ago, Moonball said:

Think that's you m8

I didn’t mean it in a bad way but normally when a player is credited for their enthusiasm and passion ahead of any technical attributes then it usually implies they aren’t very good at football. Indeed the description above doesn’t mention any technical attributes whatsoever. Do you think he has enough to step upto league 1? 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Didn’t mean it in a bad way. Normally when a player is credited for their enthusiasm and passion ahead of any technical attributes that they aren’t very good at football. Indeed the description above doesn’t mean any technical attributes whatsoever. Do you think he has enough to step upto league 1? 

I think he could mate - really sorry to see him go but would be a step up for him. 10 goals for us last season - basically he plays the way we all wanted to as a kid and looks as if he really enjoys it!

On 30/05/2021 at 17:43, marco44 said:

Heard from a good source some players have asked to be released because the manager has left the club.

Fair do’s your source has come good.

Lamont was signed to play for our South team any way…..