Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

1 hour ago, NilNil said:

Apologies but I’m not getting this ‘terrible timing’ aspect.  What about this time is terrible? It’s the end of the season when moves are made. Pre playoffs or something I could understand but I don’t get that the timing is awful now.

Correct. It’s the ideal time.

2 hours ago, Mattmc said:

I know one of the admins is not.  I've been asked to remove comments by members of the committee befoe so don't know if that's been the case last night. 

If we could get everyone commenting on the facebook page through the gates on a Saturday we'd be flying. 

It was one member of the committee who removed them directly. Not a good idea as it only fans the flames.

2 hours ago, Mattmc said:

I know one of the admins is not.  I've been asked to remove comments by members of the committee befoe so don't know if that's been the case last night. 

If we could get everyone commenting on the facebook page through the gates on a Saturday we'd be flying. 

My considered opinion of Facebook is that it's cr*p.   Whether it's a supporters group or any other.  Yes, I do have my own page, and yes I do occasionally comment

on the Stranraer group.  But...., on Facebook it's much too easy for those who want to hide something to have posts deleted.  

You say that the statement by the 3 committee members should not have been publically aired.  From that, the impression  I gain

is that you would have posts deleted without too much argument.

For me, the statement makes it abundantly clear that the 3 consider that they had been ignored on the committee, and mocked.  In those circumstances,

I'd also have done much the same as them. 

Edited by beefybake

40 minutes ago, beefybake said:

My considered opinion of Facebook is that it's cr*p.   Whether it's a supporters group or any other.  Yes, I do have my own page, and yes I do occasionally comment

on the Stranraer group.  But...., on Facebook it's much too easy for those who want to hide something to have posts deleted.  

You say that the statement by the 3 committee members should not have been publically aired.  From that, the impression  I gain

is that you would have posts deleted without too much argument.

For me, the statement makes it abundantly clear that the 3 consider that they had been ignored on the committee, and mocked.  In those circumstances,

I'd also have done much the same as them. 

I wouldn't have the post removed but, I don't believe it should be out in the open in the first place. 

The clubs reputation stinks amongst the locals as it is. This only add fuel to the fire. 

The timing doesn't help either. All concentration should be on appointing the next manager and getting it right. 

4 hours ago, GallowayBlue said:

Just throwing some random names out there as potential candidates.

Tommy Sloan, Ray MacKinnon, Barry Smith, Davie Irons, Jim Duffy. 

First and last perhaps, but I wouldn’t wish the middle three on anyone.

Apologies but I’m not getting this ‘terrible timing’ aspect.  What about this time is terrible? It’s the end of the season when moves are made. Pre playoffs or something I could understand but I don’t get that the timing is awful now.

The timing is terrible as players have been brought in, believing that the manager was going to be their boss.

The timing is terrible as players have been brought in, believing that the manager was going to be their boss.

Heard from a good source some players have asked to be released because the manager has left the club.

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

They’ve signed contracts, so tough!

It would be pre contract agreements as they would have been under contract until either the end of this month or June.

Not sure how much of a legal standing a pre contract has.

Anyone signing an extension would be different.

Edited by cowdenbeath

5 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

It would be pre contract agreements as they would have been under contract until either the end of this month or June.

Not sure how much of a legal standing a pre contract has.

Anyone signing an extension would be different.

Can’t remember who was involved but there was a court case a few years ago where a club tried to enforce a pre contract and it was thrown out..

most players are on contracts till mid June these days so any new contract cannot be registered till then which means players can go and sign for someone else if they wish 

52 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Can’t remember who was involved but there was a court case a few years ago where a club tried to enforce a pre contract and it was thrown out..

most players are on contracts till mid June these days so any new contract cannot be registered till then which means players can go and sign for someone else if they wish 

Was it Liam Buchanan? I seem to recall a similar story.

10 hours ago, marco44 said:

His name wasn’t mentioned.

The only other that's came in is Mark Lamont. Rest were already with the club.

I'd be surprised if there is a queue  of people looking for their release. There's a group of players vying for Jamie Hamill to get the job. He has taken training in the past when Faz had other commitments and the feedback was very positive.

Have said over the weekend I'd like a fresh start with someone new coming in to the club but, the more I hear of Hamill the more I'm swaying.