Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

1 hour ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The word on the street is that Dumbarton have approached big Faz for the job. How would you rate the job he’s done?

His performance are probably reflective of his budgets.

By far the lowest budget in league 1, by far the worst team in league 1.

Built a decent team last season, things may have been better had we not had the break. 

Always speaks well and seems well respected in the game. 

Club have stayed loyal to him. He was given a two year deal before even securing a play off spot. 
The season before we only won two games and he kept his job so our committee must see something in him. 

Be neither up nor down should Faz move on, only frustration would be the timing . 

Farrell has gone to Dumbarton, and Franko has also gone, as his assistant.

Not too many regrets at manager's departure.   Lots at the departure of Frank McKeown.

Edited by beefybake

11 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Farrell has gone to Dumbarton, and Franko has also gone, as his assistant.

Not too many regrets at manager's departure.   Lots at the departure of Frank McKeown.

Hopefully take the whole back room staff. 
A complete overhaul would be nice, timing is awful though.

On 28/05/2021 at 13:18, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

The word on the street is that Dumbarton have approached big Faz for the job. How would you rate the job he’s done?

So so, TBH.  If he does go to you make sure that you also get a defensive coach as he doesn’t know how to organise one.

Three of the Stranraer committee have resigned and released a statement slating just about everyone else.

Statement from Stranraer FC Committee Members David (Taffy) Jenkins, Iain Robertson and Alan Logan:

It is with great sadness that we announce our resignations from the Stranraer FC Committee. This decision was not taken lightly and as lifelong Stranraer supporters it is not something we could ever envisioned doing.
We have resigned as we have profound concerns about the way the club we love is being run and no longer have any confidence in the Chairman and Treasurer to take decisions in the best interests of Stranraer Football Club. The atmosphere at Committee meetings recently has been toxic, lacking in courtesy and respect As Commitee members we have consistently been excluded from key decisions and not been provided access to essential financial documents to enable us to make informed decisions on the club's future. In our many years of experience in both the public and private sectors, we found this financial practice to be highly irregular and one which poses an unacceptably high risk to the club.
This lack of transparency and unaccountable decision making is not in the best interests of Stranraer FC and we fear if changes are not made the club will fall out of the national football league.
We believe the club needs to address these concerns urgently, beginning with an open discussion at our upcoming AGM on the future direction and leadership of the club.
We will continue to support our club, but only as loyal fans from the terraces.

Best Wishes 
to all Stranraer supporters and stay safe
Taffy, Iain and Alan

I find it strange that the statement links apparent Father Ted Crilly-esque chicanery at the highest level of the club to a worst-case scenario of, erm, dropping out of the national football league. If the financial practices are as 'irregular' as the resigning members imply, then surely what division Stranraer play in ought to be the least of the fanbase's concerns? The focus would be on the survival of the club instead, rather than merely swapping the 4th for the 5th tier which is utterly irrelevant compared to the club's ongoing existence in the grand scheme of things. 'Relegation from the national league' seems to be fast acquiring the Sporting Armageddon status among lower league clubs that Rangers aspired to in 2012 though, given Brechin's antics as well. 

Hopefully Stranraer pull through this mess, given that they were the only club in the country to correctly vote against Sevco's application. A home League Cup opener against us (more so Kilmarnock) without restrictions will hopefully help fill the coffers either way. 

Edited by vikingTON

13 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Any players Faz is likely to bring with him or have most of your lot signed up? 

Hilton and Paton yet to sign. 

Don't think there's much love between Hilton and Faz. 

Led to believe Paton has a few full time offers. Wouldn't be surprised to see him follow the manger if nothing else comes up for him though. Would be a good addition.

The above statement was continually being removed and re-posted on the SFC's supporter's page on Facebook last night (my wife was keeping me posted). Are the admins for that page also on the board?

10 hours ago, AyrshireTon said:

Three of the Stranraer committee have resigned and released a statement slating just about everyone else.

Statement from Stranraer FC Committee Members David (Taffy) Jenkins, Iain Robertson and Alan Logan:

It is with great sadness that we announce our resignations from the Stranraer FC Committee. This decision was not taken lightly and as lifelong Stranraer supporters it is not something we could ever envisioned doing.
We have resigned as we have profound concerns about the way the club we love is being run and no longer have any confidence in the Chairman and Treasurer to take decisions in the best interests of Stranraer Football Club. The atmosphere at Committee meetings recently has been toxic, lacking in courtesy and respect As Commitee members we have consistently been excluded from key decisions and not been provided access to essential financial documents to enable us to make informed decisions on the club's future. In our many years of experience in both the public and private sectors, we found this financial practice to be highly irregular and one which poses an unacceptably high risk to the club.
This lack of transparency and unaccountable decision making is not in the best interests of Stranraer FC and we fear if changes are not made the club will fall out of the national football league.
We believe the club needs to address these concerns urgently, beginning with an open discussion at our upcoming AGM on the future direction and leadership of the club.
We will continue to support our club, but only as loyal fans from the terraces.

Best Wishes 
to all Stranraer supporters and stay safe
Taffy, Iain and Alan

This should never have been aired in public. Deal with it at a committee meeting. Club are still trying to gain trust of locals due to corruption many years ago, this does not help one bit. 

If it's not being heard in meeting call it out at an AGM or try and get EGM.

I would take a guess that this isn't football related and is more to do with running of The Fitba Bar as the three men who have stepped down were the sub committee who run the bar. The work the three gents do or did at the park is phenomenal, they were assets but I can't agree with how this has been approached. 

Hopefully a statement today to put things to bed.

At present, no manger,  no team and only three quarters of a committee.  

2 minutes ago, AyrshireTon said:

The above statement was continually being removed and re-posted on the SFC's supporter's page on Facebook last night (my wife was keeping me posted). Are the admins for that page also on the board?

I know one of the admins is not.  I've been asked to remove comments by members of the committee befoe so don't know if that's been the case last night. 

If we could get everyone commenting on the facebook page through the gates on a Saturday we'd be flying. 

Anyway small matter of a new manager required.

Any rumours or preferences? 

A lot of people calling for Allan Jenkins. I wouldn’t mind Allan but would like someone experienced beside him. Would hate to see him fail, especially being a local.

Jamie Hamill probably in with a shout but I really feel we need someone from the outside to come and change things. 

I’d personally bring back Stevie Aitken with Farrell as assistant. 

Apologies but I’m not getting this ‘terrible timing’ aspect.  What about this time is terrible? It’s the end of the season when moves are made. Pre playoffs or something I could understand but I don’t get that the timing is awful now.