Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

I was down at Stranraer a few weeks back (essential travel, I promise!), and decided to check out the exhibition. Really enjoyed it and it was a fantastic idea doing it outdoors and at the ground. I'd have happily paid a few quid as an entry fee but I donated to the bucket that was sitting out. I may have missed it but was there anything on when Twente visited? 

I was down at Stranraer a few weeks back (essential travel, I promise!), and decided to check out the exhibition. Really enjoyed it and it was a fantastic idea doing it outdoors and at the ground. I'd have happily paid a few quid as an entry fee but I donated to the bucket that was sitting out. I may have missed it but was there anything on when Twente visited? 

Have you watched this - 55 minutes and some in Dutch, but good wee documentary about how the FC Twente visit came about

Not been a Farrell fan over the last few seasons but I’m starting to enjoy watching the team again. Always thought he talked a good game and seemed a cracking guy but hated the hoofball tactics of the last few seasons. But the last 4 or 5 games something has clicked and we are playing a nice passing game on the ground and even the long balls we do play are going to players. The players are fighting hard and working as a team again and it’s really good to watch. I also think Gallagher and Cummins look good at RB and LB...whole team look good and very direct on the attack..keep it up and well done Stevie Farrell[emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/12/2020 at 10:18, Blue1870 said:

It was great to show Sam around Stair Park on Sunday with the creator of the 150th exhibition Nish Walker.

Like and subscribe to Footy Adventures.

Piece of absolute nonsense that. Whether its his"job" or not. its absolutely not essential travel for a guy from Tier 4 to be touring round stadoums in D&G. He turned up at QoS and Annan last week too. He didnt get inside at either. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Piece of absolute nonsense that. Whether its his"job" or not. its absolutely not essential travel for a guy from Tier 4 to be touring round stadoums in D&G. He turned up at QoS and Annan last week too. He didnt get 

He's been all over the country. Doesn't speak face to face with anyone. All protocols followed. I'm allowed to travel for my job all over Scotland and I stay in Glasgow. All you need is a letter if stopped.

I and others think its great coverage for your club.

2 hours ago, Blue1870 said:

He's been all over the country. Doesn't speak face to face with anyone. All protocols followed. I'm allowed to travel for my job all over Scotland and I stay in Glasgow. All you need is a letter if stopped.

I and others think its great coverage for your club.

I watched what he did on Palmerston and Galabank. It's genuinely good and in normal times would deserve praise but there's absolutely no way that's an essential journey for work by any stretch of anyone's tenuous imagination. I'm enormously sceptical that he earns an actual living wage from producing vlogs of Scottish football grounds but even if he does it would have waited a month or two or however long it's necessary. The exemption for essential jobs is meant for people who have to go to work that can't be delayed or done from home. I'm sorry but at a time when clubs can't even get their own camera staff into their their own away games, press access is significantly rationed to grounds as it is, allowing someone to travel from Glasgow to wander around the inside of a ground for non essential reasons is daft. Travel is supposed to be minimised as far as possible, especially across Tiers. He's "been all over the country"! Can't imagine the Scottish Govt would be impressed.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Guest The Phoenix
11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I watched what he did on Palmerston and Galabank. It's genuinely good and in normal times would deserve praise but there's absolutely no way that's an essential journey for work by any stretch of anyone's tenuous imagination. I'm enormously sceptical that he earns an actual living wage from producing vlogs of Scottish football grounds but even if he does it would have waited a month or two or however long it's necessary. The exemption for essential jobs is meant for people who have to go to work that can't be delayed or done from home. I'm sorry but at a time when clubs can't even get their own camera staff into their their own away games, press access is significantly rationed to grounds as it is, allowing someone to travel from Glasgow to wander around the inside of a ground for non essential reasons is daft. Travel is supposed to be minimised as far as possible, especially across Tiers. He's "been all over the country"! Can't imagine the Scottish Govt would be impressed.

Whilst I understand your over-arching point, it is simply not true that your own camera staff cannot get access to away games. 

The JRG Guidance states all of the following have access to the Amber Zone...

Club Social Media Officer - 1 Home and 1 Away 

Club Reporter - 1 Home and 1 Away 

Club Photographer - 2 Home and 2 Away 

Club Videographer - 1 Home and 1 Away

Club Commentary - 2 Home and 2 Away 

12 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm told there's an agreement between Championship clubs not to send videographers to away games, but no such agreement applies in L1/L2.

2 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

Whilst I understand your over-arching point, it is simply not true that your own camera staff cannot get access to away games. 

Per below

1 hour ago, Moonball said:

I'm told there's an agreement between Championship clubs not to send videographers to away games, but no such agreement applies in L1/L2.

Aye, ok, in the Championship it's an agreement in addition to the JRG rules but the fact they made that agreement illustrates the seriousness with which clubs should be taking attempts to limit unnecessary personnel inside grounds. Never mind people travelling across Tiers, and especially from Tier 4, to do it. Football really doesn't help itself at times when it's applying to be a special case.

2 hours ago, The Phoenix said:

ICT denied Raith Rovers access for all bar someone to do an after match interview, they even denied permission to do audio commentary only.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Per below

Aye, ok, in the Championship it's an agreement in addition to the JRG rules but the fact they made that agreement illustrates the seriousness with which clubs should be taking attempts to limit unnecessary personnel inside grounds. Never mind people travelling across Tiers, and especially from Tier 4, to do it. Football really doesn't help itself at times when it's applying to be a special case.

In this case it's one guy with a camera in a virtually empty League Two ground on a non-matchday, so not really comparable for me. You've also got the likes of BBC's A View from a Terrace filming bits at matches across the tiers. Football exists as entertainment, so where do you draw the line?

Obviously clubs need to limit personnel, but there's a balance to be struck. It's also a time when fans are unable to watch games in person and may have very little else in their lives, so media coverage is more important to people than ever.

If every home club had the resources to produce a quality, unbiased representation of the match across all platforms (and it could be that they largely do in the Championship), then fair enough.

At our level, there's a lack of resources, issues with footage quality and an understandable tendency towards slightly biased edits and commentary. There's a noticeable reduction in live updates and other forms of coverage this season with media volunteers either not attending, or juggling competing demands of streaming. All this while people are stuck at home, many struggling with mental health, and relying on a stream which may be poor, or worse, not work at all.

For me that's enough reason to allow a couple of media volunteers from the away club.

28 minutes ago, Moonball said:

In this case it's one guy with a camera in a virtually empty League Two ground on a non-matchday, so not really comparable for me. You've also got the likes of BBC's A View from a Terrace filming bits at matches across the tiers. Football exists as entertainment, so where do you draw the line?

Obviously clubs need to limit personnel, but there's a balance to be struck. It's also a time when fans are unable to watch games in person and may have very little else in their lives, so media coverage is more important to people than ever.

If every home club had the resources to produce a quality, unbiased representation of the match across all platforms (and it could be that they largely do in the Championship), then fair enough.

At our level, there's a lack of resources, issues with footage quality and an understandable tendency towards slightly biased edits and commentary. There's a noticeable reduction in live updates and other forms of coverage this season with media volunteers either not attending, or juggling competing demands of streaming. All this while people are stuck at home, many struggling with mental health, and relying on a stream which may be poor, or worse, not work at all.

For me that's enough reason to allow a couple of media volunteers from the away club.

I've no issue at all with the notion that a couple of media volunteers from the away club should be allowed. I think they should, especially at levels where not every clubs necessarily does film the games (they maybe all do now do they?). I don't actually like the agreement in the Championship. I'm not arguing in favour of it.

We're getting away from the point though. There's a world of difference between people actually going to do a job at a match (whether paid or not) and a guy who is spuriously claiming he earns a living doing random vlogs of Scottish football grounds using it as an excuse to carry on travelling around the country against all Govt advice / restrictions and actually being let in at some of them.