Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

2 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

I think the problem is that the current coaching team doesn’t know how to organise a defence. On the face of it, this squad should not be conceding goals they way they do. But it was exactly the same last year.

I think this is spot on the problem, Plus they cannot play out of defence , they just hoof it up field

Edited by monthe blues

SFC150

A pictorial history of Stranraer Football Club to celebrate their 150th anniversary

The outdoor exhibition will be open for fans to see on Thursdays and Fridays from 2pm to 4pm starting Thursday 29th October

Enter via the metal gates beside the main stand

Admission free    

57263549_SranraerscoreattheApproachendgoal.WethinkitsprobablyJohnHanlonvEastFifeNovember1963.Thegame-inished3-3.PhotocourtesyofNelson-MacDonaldcollection..thumb.jpg.166ff90deb25df99614590493f9a74ac.jpg

On 19/10/2020 at 20:21, stranraerfc1870 said:

SFC150

A pictorial history of Stranraer Football Club to celebrate their 150th anniversary

The outdoor exhibition will be open for fans to see on Thursdays and Fridays from 2pm to 4pm starting Thursday 29th October

Enter via the metal gates beside the main stand

Admission free    

57263549_SranraerscoreattheApproachendgoal.WethinkitsprobablyJohnHanlonvEastFifeNovember1963.Thegame-inished3-3.PhotocourtesyofNelson-MacDonaldcollection..thumb.jpg.166ff90deb25df99614590493f9a74ac.jpg

I'd like to see that.. would mean driving to Stranraer from Edinburgh though!

On 24/10/2020 at 11:12, D'Jaffo said:

What’s Innes Cameron like?

Seemed to score a few goals with you lot a couple seasons ago.

Did very well in his spell with us, came on leaps and bounds in a short space of time. Seems to have started well for you!

22 minutes ago, Argyll Blue said:

How are folk feeling about the Queen’s Park game then? They’ve not quite hit the ground running as I thought, but the way our defence was in the Elgin game I do fear Simon Murray...

Murray hasn’t played any minutes. He’s been training with the first team though. I think if he does play on Saturday it’ll be from the bench. Don’t worry though, plenty of others to be scared of. 

Buffalo Bill is in town. 

7 hours ago, Argyll Blue said:

How are folk feeling about the Queen’s Park game then? They’ve not quite hit the ground running as I thought, but the way our defence was in the Elgin game I do fear Simon Murray...

Last week was an improvement, took a bit of guts to dig out a draw after the Elgin shambles. 

No matter how we are playing Queens Park would probably be a team to be feared. We have the makings of a good team but haven't really shown it yet. A positive result might give us something to kick on from. 

Be nice to register a couple of wins before the break for the cup.