Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

Two more away.

Burgess back up to Max last year.

Didn't see much of him tbh to see what he could have done.

Shame about Jordan.

Decent defender.

Seems to me that these junior clubs are throwing money at new signings.

Don’t think we can live will some of them in this area!!!!!! 

Hopefully we will get some good news ourselves soon .

Could be interesting times ahead for 

THE BLUES!!!!!!!!

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES.

Jordan Allan has signed for Darvel.

How was Allan for you? He looked a cracking player for Elgin but was another one who was poor at us and just never looked like the player we saw against us. Raises a few eyebrows, at the time, that he managed to move up a level.

Surprised he has dropped down to that level but Darvel really are the big spenders and have already signed a few impressive players for that level (and a few fair Ex-Binos), so good luck to him.

Seems to me that these junior clubs are throwing money at new signings.

They’re not Junior mate, they are West of Scotland, which sits just below the Lowland League now.

Any word on Lee Hamilton? A player I’ve always wanted to see do well.

8 hours ago, BB_Bino said:

How was Allan for you? He looked a cracking player for Elgin but was another one who was poor at us and just never looked like the player we saw against us. Raises a few eyebrows, at the time, that he managed to move up a level.

Surprised he has dropped down to that level but Darvel really are the big spenders and have already signed a few impressive players for that level (and a few fair Ex-Binos), so good luck to him.

They’re not Junior mate, they are West of Scotland, which sits just below the Lowland League now.

Any word on Lee Hamilton? A player I’ve always wanted to see do well.

Lee is away unfortunately. Looked a good player and did fine for us when he did play, but was in and out due to injury.

Jordan is a very decent player on his day, but his day isn't often enough IMO.

1 hour ago, dusty bin said:

What do we think of those signed on so far fellow BLUES?????

Hopefully more to come.

KEEP THE FAITH

CMON THE BLUES.

Nothing there to form  much of a view. 

Two kids who haven't done much.

Gallagher..., who was injured all last season and more.

Hamill.    Seems to be Marmite.   Some are OK with him, some just wish he was away.

Given the number of goals conceded last season, I'm vaguely depressed that he's still here.

But hey, it's early yet.

What do we think of those signed on so far fellow BLUES?????
Hopefully more to come.
KEEP THE FAITH
CMON THE BLUES.

Know very little about the two new boys

Discounted to see Hamill return but not one bit surprised.

A fit Grant Gallagher should be fine, if we see that or not is a different story.
Suicide from the club if this is not a pay as you play deal.

To be honest I wouldn’t be sad if nobody else from last season resigned. Yes, there are guys like Robertson, Hilton and Stirling who should all be capable of doing a job but, so should everyone last season and we only registered two league wins. Did show great signs of getting anymore either.

Lewis McIntyre and Scott Phillips from the reserves have been invited to pre season training.

43 minutes ago, Mattmc said:

Know very little about the two new boys

Discounted to see Hamill return but not one bit surprised.

A fit Grant Gallagher should be fine, if we see that or not is a different story.
Suicide from the club if this is not a pay as you play deal.

To be honest I wouldn’t be sad if nobody else from last season resigned. Yes, there are guys like Robertson, Hilton and Stirling who should all be capable of doing a job but, so should everyone last season and we only registered two league wins. Did show great signs of getting anymore either.

Lewis McIntyre and Scott Phillips from the reserves have been invited to pre season training.

Gal is on a pay as you play. Hopefully for everyone's sake it's a much better year for him, there's not many players who'd keep coming back from the injuries he's had.

Hamill is often the target of some fans' frustrations (which I get) and receives OTT praise from others, but for me the reality is probably somewhere in between. Did fine in midfield towards the end of last season, so hopefully there's more of that to come.

Good news about McIntyre and Phillips, both did a job coming in and hopefully they can kick on.

Kieran Millar is a good signing for yourselves. Good defensive midfielder. Excellent tackler, disrupts play and constantly working. He's not going to play a defence splitting pass but retains and recycles possession well enough. Gets a nosebleed beyond the halfway line so definitely best as a holding or deep-lying midfielder though TBF he did improve that part of his game slightly last season. Most Airdrie fans would have been happy to see him stay and I think he could have got a gig at most other League 1 teams so definitely a good signing. Don't think him and Grant Gallagher would be an effective midfield pairing (as we know from experience) but then again given Gallagher's injury problems that might not be much of a problem... 

Best of luck to him and Stranraer for the (hopefully) upcoming season.