Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

The form could certainly be better and Stranraer have probably suffered from the season coming to a halt when they were in such good form. Equally, the games lost have been away from home to the champions-elect and a team who will more than likely be in the play-offs. The dropped points at Cowdenbeath are obviously frustrating though.

I do wonder if there could have been more strengthening though. The games ahead of the Scottish Cup tie are obviously going to be massive.

22 hours ago, Mattmc said:

What’s the thoughts on form at the minute? 

One win in four league games. Not really play off form. Looking the other way Stenny have a great chance to catch us if we slip again and get themselves to the right end of the split. 

Going forward I think things are only going to get tougher as the fixtures come thick and fast. 
When the return was announced I expected us to be better placed than we are at the minute. 
After dropping points at Cowdenbeath I felt we needed to take at least 7 from our next three league games,  unfortunately we’ve failed at the first hurdle.

We can sit and say, we’re creating chances or we deserved more etc but, look what that brought us last season. 
I’d sooner create one chance a game, win 1-0 every week and be sitting in the play offs rather than the position we are in now.

Squad rotation has been used as an excuse but, not one that can be given by the manager. 
Every other club strengthened in the last few months while we stuck with what we’ve got. That’s fine if your happy and feel what’s out there isn’t any more positive than what you’ve got but, a quick look at some of the names that moved on loan and most would think different.

As much as nothing is possible yet, playoffs surely has to be a minimum requirement for the season. Fear it’s slipping away rather quickly. 

Thinking back to the long ago that was Christmas,  I'd probably have stuck with who we had.   The form was good, and there was strength on the bench.

Now.  Yes, bit concerned, in particular about lack of impact in the first halves of games.

image.thumb.png.144b554dca573ea7f5d5e3350801fa02.png

In a recent interview  the manager mentioned how much a stats man he is. 
Can you pease concentrate on the stats above and rectify them. 

Gutless today. Wouldn’t have known we are fighting for a play off place. 

Manager mentions 7 games.  

I  assume  he means 7 since the restart, but what with everything,

I've got rather lost with what games there are still to be played.

The SPFL site just mentions 3 ?

Edited by beefybake

9 minutes ago, beefybake said:

Manager mentions 7 games.  

I  assume  he means 7 since the restart, but what with everything,

I've got rather lost with what games there are still to be played.

The SPFL site just mentions 3 ?

4 after the split. 

• 2 weeks later...

New two year contract announced for the manager. 

Find the timing bizarre,  Faz could well take us up but we could also end up out with the playoffs. Not sure why things had to be rushed through?

Would it not be better to wait and see how the season pans out? Surely the aim was for promotion, fail to obtain that then the manager has a relegation, the lowest win percentage of recent managers and the possibility of equaling our lowest finish since the restructure of the leagues to his name. 

Hopefully that's not a worry and in the next few weeks we are talking about how well we've finished the season. 

49 minutes ago, Blue1870 said:

Looks a bit of hard luck. 
Had awful connection with the stream yesterday, only saw about ten minutes in total. 

Only Queens Park and Elgin has scored twice in the league at the Forthbank this season so, we’re not all that bad. 

Just go and win on Tuesday and then we don’t have to worry about the various permutations. 

C’mon boys. 

On 02/05/2021 at 20:13, Mattmc said:

Looks a bit of hard luck. 
Had awful connection with the stream yesterday, only saw about ten minutes in total. 

Only Queens Park and Elgin has scored twice in the league at the Forthbank this season so, we’re not all that bad. 

Just go and win on Tuesday and then we don’t have to worry about the various permutations. 

C’mon boys. 

You might be, Stranraer are the only team we've scored two against in the league at Forthank.

Edited by AlbionMan

Decent performance last night, couple of scares but we got there. 
thought Duffy and Orr were excellent first half. 
McManus played one of his best games for us as did Elliott. 
Sonkur dealt with Henderson very well, was an enjoyable battle to watch. 
If we play like we can we’ve got to fancy our chances in the playoffs.  I suppose the rest of the teams will feel the same. 

The playoffs have never been kind to us. Time for that to change.