Stranraer 2021-2022 - The Big 151

Committee have to have a big think as to which direction the clubs going here. 
Nearly a year since our last competitive won, one point from nine so far, no cup of wins, crowds are awful. 
This in on the back of a relegation and only two league wins last season. 
it really doesn’t make tor good reading. The 

If the season had finished as it should have last year and we had been relegated in the usual manner, I’m fairly sure SF would have been out of the job.

He really doesn’t deserve too much more time in the job. Part of me thinks failure to win next week could be the end.

I’ve got a bad feeling about this season... 

I have a soft spot for Stranraer and always look out for your results/signings. That’s two years in a row now that ive thought you’ve had a really good squad on paper. Really don’t understand why you’re struggling so much. Never in a month of Sunday’s did I think in Aug 2019 you’d have been relegated at the “end” of that season. Same this season, thought you’d recruited well and signed an experienced goal scorer in Duffy. Yet 1 point out of 9. Sad to see really 

On 01/11/2020 at 19:38, Hampden Diehard said:

On the basis of yesterday's game, I think Stranraer have the makings of a decent side. As I said in the match thread, though, about two thirds through the game, you started to waste time. Bizarre when you were on top and with a strong wind behind you.

Can’t say I noticed the time wasting but this is something we accused of regularly. I know it’s part and parcel of the game if you’re protecting a lead late in the game. 
Would have to question, are we doing this as a tactic, is it because of lack of ideas or possibly lacking in fitness? Any of the three point to a failure though. 

I can’t see it but hopefully the committee meeting tonight results in the sacking of the manager ( that’s if they still meet on Monday nights. ) Someone new in for the two cup games which would be a free his as no way we are progressing anyway. 

There unfortunately lies the problem with football, it’s not played out in paper.

I have watched from afar in relation to the Stranraer issue over the past few seasons, and to date I have refrained from comment however, in response to the call for a change of manager I find astonishing. I read throughout last season that the club had sustained something in the region of 50 odd injuries, quite frankly, there is not a team in the land who could mitigate against such a horrendous plight, and further when you accumulate  this fact to that of Stranraer undoubtedly had by some distance the lowest budget in league 1 consistently in previous seasons, is it any wonder eventually the well run dry?

I was actually surprised that following the financial restraints that were publicly well documented a few seasons ago, that Stranraer actually survived as long as they so did in league 1 with the limited resources at their disposal?

As for this season well even at my own club I would suggest, really? Are we actually speculating after 3 league games to sack the manager? from what I have witnessed the Stranraer manager has a habit of fighting against odds heavily weighted against him previously, so if I were a supporter I would get behind the club and I’m sure they may go onto have a decent season 

23 hours ago, Rogelio said:

There unfortunately lies the problem with football, it’s not played out in paper.

I have watched from afar in relation to the Stranraer issue over the past few seasons, and to date I have refrained from comment however, in response to the call for a change of manager I find astonishing. I read throughout last season that the club had sustained something in the region of 50 odd injuries, quite frankly, there is not a team in the land who could mitigate against such a horrendous plight, and further when you accumulate  this fact to that of Stranraer undoubtedly had by some distance the lowest budget in league 1 consistently in previous seasons, is it any wonder eventually the well run dry?

I was actually surprised that following the financial restraints that were publicly well documented a few seasons ago, that Stranraer actually survived as long as they so did in league 1 with the limited resources at their disposal?

As for this season well even at my own club I would suggest, really? Are we actually speculating after 3 league games to sack the manager? from what I have witnessed the Stranraer manager has a habit of fighting against odds heavily weighted against him previously, so if I were a supporter I would get behind the club and I’m sure they may go onto have a decent season 

Season before last, we scraped along at or near the bottom of League 1.   And got out of the bottom 2 places  a few games before the end of the season.

Last season, it was similar, worse actually.  And were bottom when the season came to an abrupt end.

This season. Looks like more of the same, and we're now second bottom of League 2, with 1 point. 

The constant running theme through these seasons have been the viewpoints that the assorted players looked decent,

but the team was underperfoming in terms of the results.

I think  I said on a previous post here..., give it 4 or 5 games to come to a view, so I'm saying nothing just now.

But really, all you've said is the same stuff that's been trotted out for the last couple of years.  Injuries.., refs..etc. Other teams get injuries, other supporters

complain about the refs etc, etc.  

The fact is, at this rate,  the Lowland League will be staring us in the face.

Something has to change. 

Edited by beefybake

On 02/11/2020 at 20:56, Rogelio said:

Thank you for your input Faz, we hope you are gone by the end of the weekend or start of the week. 
said it last year and got shot down with Sanny McAnespie stats from the vice chairman but a 27% win ratio is not good enough for any manager at any level. Should have been gone long long ago. 
If the guy had any ties to the club and fans he would stop putting us through this and walk away but the queens head will keep him there 2 wins in 33 enough is enough

On 02/11/2020 at 20:56, Rogelio said:

Granted, injuries and finances have not helped but, you can also help yourself.   In the last few seasons we've went out and signed an injury prone Grant Gallagher and an injured Andy Stilring. We were told Ian Smith was being invited to pre season to prove his fitness but, then signed him before pre season started. 

I didn't object to the signings of Gallagher or Stirling at the time as both when fit can easily prove their worth. What I do disagree with is using it as an excuse. Knew what we were getting when they signed. 

The longer the abject performances are going the less expectant some of our support are becoming.  People seem to take comfort in saying we deserved a draw from that game or we created a couple of chances, keep playing like that and it will come. Well sorry to state the obvious but, it didn't come. I'll keep repeating this, two games we won last seaosn. TWO! In what world is this acceptable?  

Do you keep rolling with the same lax attitude this season and face relegation again? Put the entire existence of the club on the line?  

Our last home game in League 1epitomised  things for me. Playing Montrose, our last chance to keep things in our hands mathematically and we couldn't even register a short on target. Lost a goal and the team threw the towel in. Captain is standing with his hands on his hips head down, as if they were defeated from that minute. 

As for fans getting behind the club. Stranraer FC are served by a small bunch who have a blind loyalty. 300 or so who are there whatever. There are many who give up their own time to go out and do odd jobs at the ground, stuff the players or management probably don't even realize goes on but, all to give them a better environment on a Saturday. You've also got the Fans Fundraising group who've done a power of work during close season, not just helped financially, but brought a bit of feel good and helped engage with the community. So absolute no question of fans getting behind the club. Getting behind the manager is a different story. 

Saturdays are definitely better with when Stranraer win. 

Thought we were pretty good first half. Cowdenbeath were poor and didn't create much at all. 

Second half fell out of it a bit and a good save from Fleming prevented an equaliser. The red card I thought was harsh. Good second goal from Vitoria and it is just nice to have that winning feeling again. Hopefully brings some confidence into the side. 

boy on left wing looked useful must say, might blow hot and cold on a bad  day but has pace and was some finish , dont feel we created enough, really dont think hamilton is a striker, looks a winger to me, we need more players back to do more, congrats on the win ,

Edited by SuperCowden