Summer (?) 2020 Transfer Thread

Boss calls for clarity on loan signings

Sep 10, 2020

Peterhead manager Jim McInally has called for clarity on loan signings after the Blue Toon were stopped from adding to their pool whilst other clubs continue to announce temporary recruits 

The Balmoor boss was hoping to add two youngsters from the Premiership however the players’ parent clubs have delayed the moves as they believe they would be breaching SFA rules as training at night with Peterhead would stop their players returning to train with their full-time employers during the day.  

McInally is unsure how his club have been unable to build whilst others have and he said: “I have been told that if a player trains with us on a Tuesday night then they cannot train with their parent club again for 14 days. That is no use to anyone in a loan between a full-time and a part-time club.”  

“Loans between full-time clubs can go ahead as players will have moved from one perceived ‘bubble’ to another but a loan between a part-time and a full-time club cannot as the ‘bubble’ will be compromised when they return to the full-time club for training.”  

“I cannot argue with the clubs we have been dealing with as they say they are following the SFA rules, however it looks like the rules are being applied inconsistently. I have had these signings lined up for over a month however they have been put on hold.”  

“We need clarity over what the rules are and how they are being applied.” 

1 hour ago, peternapper said:

Boss calls for clarity on loan signings

Sep 10, 2020

Peterhead manager Jim McInally has called for clarity on loan signings after the Blue Toon were stopped from adding to their pool whilst other clubs continue to announce temporary recruits 

The Balmoor boss was hoping to add two youngsters from the Premiership however the players’ parent clubs have delayed the moves as they believe they would be breaching SFA rules as training at night with Peterhead would stop their players returning to train with their full-time employers during the day.  

McInally is unsure how his club have been unable to build whilst others have and he said: “I have been told that if a player trains with us on a Tuesday night then they cannot train with their parent club again for 14 days. That is no use to anyone in a loan between a full-time and a part-time club.”  

“Loans between full-time clubs can go ahead as players will have moved from one perceived ‘bubble’ to another but a loan between a part-time and a full-time club cannot as the ‘bubble’ will be compromised when they return to the full-time club for training.”  

“I cannot argue with the clubs we have been dealing with as they say they are following the SFA rules, however it looks like the rules are being applied inconsistently. I have had these signings lined up for over a month however they have been put on hold.”  

“We need clarity over what the rules are and how they are being applied.” 

Can you give us any examples of full time players that have been loaned to part time clubs so far? 

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, remembered those after I posted. Was it not from Sevco though, or did they get players from St Mirren also?

They signed two from St Mirren, Sons signed Kevin Dabrowski on loan from Hibernian and Forfar Athletic signed Cammy Breadner on loan from St Mirren today.