Summer (?) 2020 Transfer Thread

7 hours ago, Loon From Outta Toon said:

IMG_2940.jpg

Great signing for the Loons. Canto is creative, will get you assists and can chip in with goals. He was a regular starter for us prior to breaking his foot. 

When I heard he was let go by the Dons I thought he'd be nailed on to rejoin us. 

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Missed it over the weekend, but Ray Grant has left Clyde.

Anything I've missed from the OP? Been tricky with some clubs doing business early - and others not saying a peep at the moment.

Ricky Foster joined Partick. 

4 hours ago, the snudge said:

Partick look very strong. I'd imagine they'll skoosh the league

I would say that they look stronger than us up front as things stand but not regarding the remainder of their squad. It'll depend on who both teams manage to add from now on in. Partick may have the finances to get better in than us if they get a decent amount of compo though.

3 hours ago, ShineOnYouCrazyDiamonds said:

Think it could be as tight as it was last season at the top. Us, Falkirk and Thistle should all be aiming to win the league and wouldn't be surprised to see Cove not far behind.

I will be very interested to see how we fair in League 1 this season. The 3 teams you mentioned are undoubtedly the big names in the league. As our team stands now I wonder how we'd get on get against the likes of Falkirk, Airdrie and Thistle. To be honest coming from the lower leagues I rarely get to watch the likes of the aforementioned teams. I'm sure there is a step up in class.

Cove have some very good players and lots of ambition. For me Megginson, Fyvie, Masson, Milne, Scully and Yule will thrive at this level.

I fully expect us to make several  significant signings to our team, whether loans or permanent additions, before the season starts. IF we do this we could compete at the very top end.

Edited by CoveRangers1922