Summer (?) 2020 Transfer Thread

Adam Eckersley, Scott Gallacher,  Dean Hawkshaw, Robbie Leighton, Kieran Millar, Kurtis Roberts, Arran Ross, Nat Wedderburn and Reece Willison have all been released by Airdrie. 

Edited by airdrieman

9 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Adam Eckersley, Scott Gallacher,  Dean Hawkshaw, Robbie Leighton, Kieran Millar, Kurtis Roberts, Arran Ross, Nat Wedderburn and Reece Willison have all been released by Airdrie. 

Kieran Millar signs for Stranraer. 

1 hour ago, Maxismydog said:

Screenshot_20200709-162054_Samsung Internet.jpg

On paper looks a good signing but just seems like the club have had him on the word of a agent as they certainly haven’t had him watched or in on trial 

Edited by Derry

36 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

May turn out to be a good signing but I am a bit sceptical about him signing for a 3rd tier Scottish side 'amid interest from top flight clubs around Europe"!

You and me both.

I've seen enough dross over the years that have played in another country or started out with a "big team".

Michael "he played with feyenoord" Brown comes to mind instantly, fondly known as the creme egg man due to his massive egg like dome.

It's something a bit out of the ordinary though and a wee bit of excitement in an otherwise bleak time in football.

19 hours ago, airdrieman said:

Arran Ross has signed for BSC Glasgow from Airdrie. 

His parents must have enjoyed the odd trip doon the water a some point...

On 01/07/2020 at 07:41, airdrieman said:

Robbie Leighton released by Airdrie  has signed for Kirkintilloch Rob Roy

@Jan Vojáček have the following players left Dumbarton?

Conor Brennan, Jai Quitongo, Rico Quitongo, Ryan Tierney, Callum Wilson, Mati Zata

The Nareys Toepoker blog are saying so on their website but I can't find any info on them leaving (apart from J.Quitongo in your OP).

6 minutes ago, C. Muir said:

@Jan Vojáček have the following players left Dumbarton?

Conor Brennan, Jai Quitongo, Rico Quitongo, Ryan Tierney, Callum Wilson, Mati Zata

The Nareys Toepoker blog are saying so on their website but I can't find any info on them leaving (apart from J.Quitongo in your OP).

First up, all our players are on furlough until the end of July - hence none have officially left yet other than Zata, who left in early March before lockdown.

I spoke to Conor the other week and he is up on the PFA website because he hasn't been offered a deal yet - but he hopes to stay at Dumbarton. I'd imagine that'll be the same for Rico and maybe Tierney and Wilson. Jai is moving down south (or that was his plan in May) so I'd say he's officially gone, aye.

Tl;dr version. Zata and J.Quitongo have left. The others are still Sons players until their extended contracts run out on July 31.