Flight Changes

Hard Graft

Had a flight booked with Loganair from Southampton to Glasgow in July.  They have just changed the time of the flight,  on the same day, to something unsuitable. It would appear that they are saying there is to be no refund. Can some P&B lawyer/in the know have a look at this and see if there is recourse for a refund - small claims action.

Coronavirus - Covid 19 has had an unprecedented impact on the travel industry, including Loganair. It is a new and evolving challenge which faces our customers, our organisation and our own staff.
In response to changes in customer demand and in some cases, restrictions imposed by governments, we have been required to make some significant changes to our flying programme.
We appreciate this is inconvenient for customers who have had to postpone or cancel their travel plans but please ask for your understanding that in this case, unfortunately, we have been left with no alternative.
If below change is not suitable
  • We are providing all passengers a change to any future flight date, without incurring a change fee.
  • This can be actioned through pressing "Alternative Flights" below.
  • Please note, in some instances there may be a difference in fare payable.
  • The change flight page will display original prices. The additional cost will be calculated and shown in the basket once flights are selected.
  • Your original payment will count towards this fare.
Hold Booking
If this schedule change is unsuitable, or you have concerns about your ability to travel due to the Coronavirus situation, we are offering you the ability to place your booking on hold.

Bookings will be placed on hold for 12 months, and you can contact us within that time to arrange travel on a different flight.

To place your booking on hold please press below button and complete the form.

You will not receive a notification of your booking being placed on hold when actioned.

As the alternative flight offered is deemed a reasonable alternative in this instance you are not entitled to a refund on your booking.

Any advice greatly accepted.

Have you phoned them up? The website wouldn't let me change a booking online, but when I phoned them up they did it no bother. I'd be friendly, explain why the time change means the flight will be no use to you, and that you have no plans to fly anywhere else for the coming year. Don't mention the rules you read, just say you'd like the fare returned like you expect it.

P.S. Sounds like if they refuse there's not a lot you can do about it, especially as they gave you 14 days warning. Be nice and they might do the right thing.

https://www.claimcompass.eu/blog/flight-schedule-change-compensation/

Edited by welshbairn

Currently closed, will speak to them tomorrow and see how it goes  Will go down the line of had a contact for that particular flight and they have breached it.  At the end of the day had expected to forfeit this money due to holiday being cancelled although this flight was not included in the holiday.

57 minutes ago, Hard Graft said:

Currently closed, will speak to them tomorrow and see how it goes  Will go down the line of had a contact for that particular flight and they have breached it.  At the end of the day had expected to forfeit this money due to holiday being cancelled although this flight was not included in the holiday.

You could quote this bit from their T&Cs, but it's their right to say they've offered you a reasonable alternative and there's no law saying they have to refund you.

Involuntary fare refunds

We will pay fare refunds as set out below if we:

cancel a flight;

make a significant change to a flight time which is not acceptable to you;

fail to operate a flight reasonably according to schedule;

fail to stop at your place of destination or stopover;

So play nice to start off with at least, and come up with a decent excuse why the original time would have been fine but the new time isn't. 

At worst you might have to settle for a voucher and a wee holiday on the Western Isles.

https://www.loganair.co.uk/travel-help/carriage-conditions/

Edited by welshbairn

Have just been told that Jet2 have moved the date of resumption for flights and their schedule has been put back from 01 July to 15 July.  My son said he got a refund from them for his June holiday within 3 days of initial contact.  Looks like another tranche will be refunded soon.   However, if you've booked with Ryanair or Easyjet, then I wish you luck.

Having submitted a request for a refund and made alternative arrangements I received an email from them yesterday stating that they had changed my flight yet again. This time back to the original flight!!! Unbelievable. At the moment it looks like a sum of money will have to be written off.

1 hour ago, Hard Graft said:

Having submitted a request for a refund and made alternative arrangements I received an email from them yesterday stating that they had changed my flight yet again. This time back to the original flight!!! Unbelievable. At the moment it looks like a sum of money will have to be written off.

You might as well reply saying that you've made alternative arrangements and you want your money back. Wouldn't spend a whole lot of time on it though, as you say.

• 2 weeks later...

And the saga continues with another email received showing that again they have changed the time of the flights. I know we are in difficult times but someone within the organization either does not have a clue or is taking the piss.