Colt team proposal

7 hours ago, haufdaft said:

Do you think the proposal for a European Super League will be an opportunity for Rangers and Celtic Colt teams to join the EPL?

Honestly, it would be nice to be entirely rid of both those clubs and have a proper league restructure.

4 hours ago, G_H said:

Honestly, it would be nice to be entirely rid of both those clubs and have a proper league restructure.

Without the arse cheeks, a top league of 16? Play twice, possible split which adds excitement.

I've read on several forums suggestions of regionalising into north, east and west leagues or north and south etc etc Not saying I'm against that but I enjoy my trips around Scotland to see Thistle and don't want to lose that opportunity. Especially as the likelihood of us being a constant in the top league isn't high. There would certainly be great scope for change if Scottish football wasn't all about the OF.

I have a funny feeling that this European 'League of Wealthy b*****ds' proposal represents something of a defining moment in modern football and the repercussions may eventually ripple down far enough to harden opposition to any Colt Clubs proposal in Scotland.  I would certainly welcome being able to concentrate the minds of our clubs' owners and BoD's.

On 19/04/2021 at 14:47, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I have a funny feeling that this European 'League of Wealthy b*****ds' proposal represents something of a defining moment in modern football and the repercussions may eventually ripple down far enough to harden opposition to any Colt Clubs proposal in Scotland.  I would certainly welcome being able to concentrate the minds of our clubs' owners and BoD's.

I wouldnt be surprised if the glasgow 2 thought they could park their colt teams in the domestic league and then f**k off to this ESL at some point

3 hours ago, G_H said:

I wouldnt be surprised if the glasgow 2 thought they could park their colt teams in the domestic league and then f**k off to this ESL at some point

Except the arsecheeks aren't as big as they think they are!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd obviously hope nothing comes of it as it's only at an early stage and it's usually later clubs object and it dies down.

However, if the Lowland League are happy to have colt teams in their division, I'd say f**k the lot of them. Even though the colt sides couldn't be promoted, shut the trap door and return to a permanent 42 teams until the Lowland League kick the colts out again. We don't even want teams sympathetic to this Old Firm nonsense promoted and tipping votes in their favour.

Clubs should actually have got together before now to close the loophole allowing colt teams in lower tiers (EoS/SoS?).

Edited by Jaggy Snake

1 hour ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I'd obviously hope nothing comes of it as it's only at an early stage and it's usually later clubs object and it dies down.

However, if the Lowland League are happy to have colt teams in their division, I'd say f**k the lot of them. Even though the colt sides couldn't be promoted, shut the trap door and return to a permanent 42 teams until the Lowland League kick the colts out again. We don't even want teams sympathetic to this Old Firm nonsense promoted and tipping votes in their favour.

Clubs should actually have got together before now to close the loophole allowing colt teams in lower tiers (EoS/SoS?).

Excellent post.

14 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

I'd agree except I wouldn't punish the Highland League, they should still have option to get promoted as they've done nothing wrong.

I did think that but what do you do if a club in the lower part of Scotland finish bottom of League 2? You can't stick them in the Highland League and you can't have League 2 get continually larger. I'm assuming here that this won't be a one season thing, which seems unlikely.

Arguably, punishing the Highland League as well, though unjust, would put more pressure on the Lowland League to reverse their decision.

Edited by Jaggy Snake

What I find hilarious is the Lowland League and former junior teams used to snipe at senior league teams for the money they charged fans at games, and they preferred their level because it wasn't about money, and now the Old Firm are waving 20 bob in front of them they're dropping their knickers for the full shaft. 

13 minutes ago, Jaggy Snake said:

I did think that but what do you do if a club in the lower part of Scotland finish bottom of League 2? You can't stick them in the Highland League and you can't have League 2 get continually larger. I'm assuming here that this won't be a one season thing, which seems unlikely.

Arguably, punishing the Highland League as well, though unjust, would put more pressure on the Lowland League to reverse their decision.

This is it. I'm 100% behind blocking promotion from and relegation to any league containing colt sides for as long as those colt sides are there. If the LL put OF colts in, that would mean all promotion into and relegation out of League 2 being suspended until the colts are out.

Alternatively, I'd be fine with just basically removing the LL from the pyramid altogether and moving the EoSFL and WoSFL up a tier. If they want back in the can start at the bottom.

Edited by Gordon EF

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What I find hilarious is the Lowland League and former junior teams used to snipe at senior league teams for the money they charged fans at games, and they preferred their level because it wasn't about money, and now the Old Firm are waving 20 bob in front of them they're dropping their knickers for the full shaft. 

Best not to include everyone in that rant. 

This is the brain fart of plastic BSC and won't be supported by all LL clubs, although a majority probably will including their plastic friends Caledonian Braves.  The EoS aren't pleased.

8 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

This is the brain fart of plastic BSC and won't be supported by all LL clubs, although a majority probably will including their plastic friends Caledonian Braves.  The EoS aren't pleased.

Aye, I don't mean to tar everyone with the same brush, I just find it funny. 

16 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Aye. You'd imagine BSC, Edusport and East Kilbride will be the biggest cheerleaders of this - no real supporters to worry about pissing off and most of them are probably OF fans anyway.

Can all the proper clubs in the Lowland pyramid not just form a breakaway and leave these clubs to play about in their little OF colts friendly league?

Edited by Gordon EF