Colt team proposal

16 minutes ago, MacDuffman said:

Might be shooting ourselves in the foot but should teams refuse to take Old Firm players on loan?

If they need to do this to develop for the good of Scottish Footbal they should all play in the LL.

You know, that’s not a bad idea, if every team buys into it. Not that they all would

As an airdrie supporter who attended the cup game with Hamilton colts a while ago my view was as its a 1st team game i would attend as I really dislike missing any games.    This upcoming season I will not be attending any games involving all colts teams or lowland league teams.  
 It's time ALL fans of scotish football clubs stood together.   The vast minority of fans have said no to this and we cannot be ignored once again. 
BOYCOTT ALL LOWLAND LEAGUE CLUBS- for one season only!!!!
As an Airdrie supporter who refused to attend any of these matches involving under 20's sides (they can f**k right off with this Colt word) I will continue with this stance.

20 hours ago, microdave said:

Do they think people are convinced that it'll be for one season only if they say for one season only at the end of each sentence? 20210510_223928.jpeg

The press release doth protest too much, methinks.

Would they have too give league 1 & 2 clubs a say on the way forward with this, we were consulted before and told them where to go. Supporters of the LL Clubs should have been consulted rather than try & rush it through like a Boris scheme which is no good when someone takes time to read it properly

25 minutes ago, peternapper said:

Would they have too give league 1 & 2 clubs a say on the way forward with this, we were consulted before and told them where to go. Supporters of the LL Clubs should have been consulted rather than try & rush it through like a Boris scheme which is no good when someone takes time to read it properly

My reading of the SFA statement is that this was the agreed position to put the initiative to all clubs for their consideration and comments before next season. Despite this agreement Rangers and Celtic jumped the gun and conned the LL into accepting their own amended version, in effect sticking up two fingers to the SFA and to all other clubs. Totally arrogant and corrupt.

On 06/05/2021 at 18:27, craigkillie said:

It hasn't always been the case. Several of the top flight clubs also ran teams in the third tier of the SFL in the years after the war.

But if a  reserve team topped the table nobody got promoted.

13 minutes ago, Blue Brazil Forever said:

My reading of the SFA statement is that this was the agreed position to put the initiative to all clubs for their consideration and comments before next season. Despite this agreement Rangers and Celtic jumped the gun and conned the LL into accepting their own amended version, in effect sticking up two fingers to the SFA and to all other clubs. Totally arrogant and corrupt.

The lowland league should maybe be told before they have their final vote to ratify the arrangement that since they have gone their own way there will be no place for Lowland League winners next season in the play off to SPFL 2, Highland League winners to play club 42.

16 minutes ago, peternapper said:

The lowland league should maybe be told before they have their final vote to ratify the arrangement that since they have gone their own way there will be no place for Lowland League winners next season in the play off to SPFL 2, Highland League winners to play club 42.

Even better, Highland League Champions automatically promoted, bottom of League 2 automatically relegated. 2nd bottom League 2 play off against 2nd top of Highland League. Lowland League have opted to do their own thing so no longer included in the pyramid. Simples.

18 hours ago, rockson said:

The press release doth protest too much, methinks.

'For one season only', of course. I'll bet that by next spring and barring any viral interruptions, this 'one season only' experiment will be trumpeted high and low as a success.