Colt team proposal

Do they think people are convinced that it'll be for one season only if they say for one season only at the end of each sentence? 20210510_223928.jpeg.d6ebbb6a4fbdc6f13457e1798be9f009.jpeg
I've just seen on twitter that isn't real. All the "for one season only" comments have been photoshopped. Hook, line and sinker.

I'll be contacting Clyde. SPFL teams should be ensuring no colt teams in the Challenge cup. No Lowland league teams in the promotion playoff, league cup, or challenge cup.

This is what happens when you have a league full of football teams that aren't actually football teams.

As an airdrie supporter who attended the cup game with Hamilton colts a while ago my view was as its a 1st team game i would attend as I really dislike missing any games.    This upcoming season I will not be attending any games involving all colts teams or lowland league teams.  

It's time ALL fans of scotish football clubs stood together.   The vast minority of fans have said no to this and we cannot be ignored once again. 

BOYCOTT ALL LOWLAND LEAGUE CLUBS- for one season only!!!!

Totally agree with boycott, as I’ve said several times I’ve not seen one challenge cup game since Colts have been in it. Problem is that the old firm bias media will put positive spin on this.. our clubs have to be encouraged, by us to make public their opposition to to this. Some kind of stand has to be made.

This is a horrible decision by LL clubs and they should be ashamed of themselves, furthermore SPFL teams should avoid any engagement with them that they can get away with. No preseason friendly nothing, just a pity they can’t block Kelly if they win the play off, or can they?

Just waiting on one of they two to win the league next season and want a playoff against team 42.

we’ve let them in no chance this is for one season only.

Edited by Rbon

8 hours ago, microdave said:

Do they think people are convinced that it'll be for one season only if they say for one season only at the end of each sentence? 20210510_223928.jpeg

Who’s going to check the re written rule that it says for one season only ?

Can the SPFL league clubs make a proposal that the pyramid playoff excludes their Colt teams ?

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

Remove the Lowland League from the pyramid, let EoS and WoS play off against each other for the League 2 play off. What a bunch of fucking slags.

Aye. Remove the LL and have tier 5 be East, West and North, like it should have been from the start. Normal, 4 way play-off between the three champions and club 42. Any LL clubs who want back in the pyramid can start from the bottom.

11 hours ago, David W said:

I'll be contacting Clyde. SPFL teams should be ensuring no colt teams in the Challenge cup. No Lowland league teams in the promotion playoff, league cup, or challenge cup.

This is what happens when you have a league full of football teams that aren't actually football teams.

Aye, I’ve emailed Thistle asking them to support any and all measures taken against the Lowland league.

I doubt it’ll make any difference, but f**k it.

I asked question on the Clyde board forum too.

I’d encourage all fans to do similar at their own clubs. The media will give old firm rhetoric and spin positive on this. BBC are already giving it “progress” message!!

We need to press your clubs out of silence 

Edited by FREDDYFRY

41 minutes ago, andrew21 said:

Get all the clubs voting in favour of that, shouldn't be difficult getting an 11-1 majority with the Premiership clubs. 

It wouldn’t be hard to get consensus among the other divisions, but surely the bigot brothers would vote against?

11 hours ago, Ballboy said:

As an airdrie supporter who attended the cup game with Hamilton colts a while ago my view was as its a 1st team game i would attend as I really dislike missing any games.    This upcoming season I will not be attending any games involving all colts teams or lowland league teams.  

It's time ALL fans of scotish football clubs stood together.   The vast minority of fans have said no to this and we cannot be ignored once again. 

BOYCOTT ALL LOWLAND LEAGUE CLUBS- for one season only!!!!

I made the mistake of going to the game against Motherwell Colts. I thought with it being a derby it might be alright. How wrong I was, dreadful. Worse than a pre-season friendly. 

Gave the Hamilton game a wide berth. Wouldn't go to another game involving a Colt team.

P.S. I wouldn't lump all Lowland League teams together, just the clubs that voted for the proposal.

On the one season thing...let's pretend for just a moment that that is their intention.  Just...why?  What benefit does it serve?  What's the point in a full-season league competition where two of the clubs are supposedly going to disappear by the next?

I know the answer is that they likely have no intention of just doing one more season, just speaking hypothetically.

The whole thing stinks and the one season "promise" is obviously bollocks, if they can get their foot in the door then they think they'll have a better negotiating position next year,

to then go for allowing promotion to L2 and then who knows.

The only other reason could be is that they have other solutions in the making for the longer term, but I don't see that they have many options.

Its stay in their lane and play all the other PL development / "reserve" teams in a competitive league or f*nny" about playing glorified friendlies with the other Non Scottish "Elite Academies" now and again. (who lets be fair are not interested in playing against Scottish development teams at any level) 

In all honesty, as most can already see, their is no real benefit to this change for anyone - including the colts at the Old Firm. After a year maybe 2 they realise this and come up with some other flavour of the month proposal to justify why they hoover up so many boys (and girls) from a really young age but have a terrible record of coaching them into their first teams.

I haven’t really read through the proposal yet so can someone advise what happens re promotion next season if one of the old firm colts finish top of the Lowland league next season?
Is there anything in writing to say that they cannot be promoted via play offs into League 2?
Once one of them are in, of course, it’s only natural that the other club joins them....

Being an ex-pat I don't have a season ticket so maybe a bit unfair for me to come up with this suggestion / proposal. How about a bit of blackmail? I believe clubs are due to pay back a percentage of unused season ticket money due to a normal number of games not being completed. Tell the clubs that if they do something to stop this colt proposal happening then punters won't ask for their money back.