Colt team proposal

Harry, the lower leagues aren't here to ensure that full time clubs who hoard large numbers of players are able to field second or third teams. If you've got too many players fucking release them and let them find their level in the lower leagues, there is absolutely no need to devalue a competition to give these lads a game.

I'm amazed there are c***s outside of "football twitter" or the Old Firm who think there is any evidence to support this colt team bollocks. Amazed. Haud on actually, you're not Gordon Strachan are you?

19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Harry, the lower leagues aren't here to ensure that full time clubs who hoard large numbers of players are able to field second or third teams. If you've got too many players fucking release them and let them find their level in the lower leagues, there is absolutely no need to devalue a competition to give these lads a game.

Someone, somewhere recently asked lower league teams to justify their existence by enumerating the number of young players who have moved from the lower leagues to play at "the top of the game".

Notwithstanding the fact that this isn't the "point" of lower league teams and never has been outside of the fevered imagination of failed national coaches, sports hacks, old firm c*nts and Premiership also-ran supporters who delude themselves with the belief that their team is "elite", just how exactly are lower league sides supposed to achieve this when the rich(er) clubs offer silly money to 18 year olds to kick about the youth leagues for a few years before then jettisoning them?

Wife and kids are in a safe house and extra police patrols have been requested.

I don't have any significant objections to the old firm colts entering Div. 2.  Put in place a cast iron set of Ts and Cs to cover promotion/relegation/age groups/cups/non Scottish players etc. etc. so that the tail doesn't wag the dog any more than it currently does

It will  have very,very little influence on the quality of young players coming through.

It will provide a financial lifeline to many Div. 2 teams

Many posters on here say there is very little interest in old firm reserves or colts so minimal crowd problems. Similarly the standard is said to be poor so with relegation a possibility they will find their level.  If they are obeying the Ts and Cs it is extremely unlikely a colts team would ever reach Championship level.

Despite those who say " I will never be back if..."   I don't think there would a significant fall in home attendances - maybe 10% max. which would only be 30-40 in Div 2.   A  large majority of lower league  fans  are quite happy to support their team, buy their pie and half time draw tickets but have no serious interest in the politics and machinations of the SPFL or club board rooms.

Even if other Premier league teams wanted to have colts teams in the league they are unlikely to want to pay the "entry fee" so could come in at the same level as any other ex-Junior or new aspiring  clubs. 

35 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

Many posters on here say there is very little interest in old firm reserves or colts so minimal crowd problems. Similarly the standard is said to be poor so with relegation a possibility they will find their level.  If they are obeying the Ts and Cs it is extremely unlikely a colts team would ever reach Championship level.

Despite those who say " I will never be back if..."   I don't think there would a significant fall in home attendances - maybe 10% max. which would only be 30-40 in Div 2.   A  large majority of lower league  fans  are quite happy to support their team, buy their pie and half time draw tickets but have no serious interest in the politics and machinations of the SPFL or club board rooms.

There has been a significant fall in attendances at just about every game involving colt teams. You are utterly deluded if you think this wouldn't affect the game. Utter pish that most fans aren't interested in who they play.

49 minutes ago, Another The Other Chairman said:

I don't have any significant objections to the old firm colts entering Div. 2.  Put in place a cast iron set of Ts and Cs to cover promotion/relegation/age groups/cups/non Scottish players etc. etc. so that the tail doesn't wag the dog any more than it currently does

It will  have very,very little influence on the quality of young players coming through.

Even if other Premier league teams wanted to have colts teams in the league they are unlikely to want to pay the "entry fee" so could come in at the same level as any other ex-Junior or new aspiring  clubs. 

Patronising pish.

A financial lifeline? It's 20k in the first season dropping down to 10k in subsequent seasons.

Nobody wants to go on watch their team play a bunch of kids. Clyde played Partick Thistle Colts in the challenge cup and the attendance was 300. We had over 1k against their first team the in the challenge cup and over 2k against them in the league cup this season.

On 08/06/2020 at 12:31, RiG said:

Some of my favourite parts...

Colt teams will correct the wrongs of the coronavirus?! :lol: 

If you believe this then adding in teams who literally cannot progress beyond a certain tier in the league will only exacerbate the problem? 

This can literally happen right now. No need to reduce the lower tiers of Scottish football to nothing more than a glorified reserve league.

There you go diddies, shut up and eat your cereal. Time for the top flight clubs to take over. The rest of you basically don't matter and your leagues will be turned into a reserve competition for the top tier teams.

Why do people seem to think that Colt teams playing against a bunch of lower league sides will suddenly turn them into world beaters? Colt teams are seen as some kind of silver bullet to fix all the problems that the national team has but I see now evidence for this. How about we bring our coaching standards up to scratch and improve facilities for kids to play football instead?

And the team(s) that don't get promoted?

Possibly the cuntiest paragraphs in this piece of drivel. Do we ever hear the top teams in England bemoaning York City for any lack of success the national team experiences?

I had to stop reading after that before I threw my monitor out the window.

Keith Jackson survived having his brains being sucked out by the Killer Klowns From Outer Space.

They might start as colts teams, but as soon as they start getting bodied every week, it'll be " we need to add 2 3 4... overage players for the experience", and they'll end up as reserve teams.

1 hour ago, Jack Burton said:

A financial lifeline? It's 20k in the first season dropping down to 10k in subsequent seasons.

Nobody wants to go on watch their team play a bunch of kids. Clyde played Partick Thistle Colts in the challenge cup and the attendance was 300. We had over 1k against their first team the in the challenge cup and over 2k against them in the league cup this season.

Colts are such a bad idea they’ve made a Clyde fan make a sensible point.

9 hours ago, stuartcraig said:

Someone, somewhere recently asked lower league teams to justify their existence by enumerating the number of young players who have moved from the lower leagues to play at "the top of the game".

Notwithstanding the fact that this isn't the "point" of lower league teams and never has been outside of the fevered imagination of failed national coaches, sports hacks, old firm c*nts and Premiership also-ran supporters who delude themselves with the belief that their team is "elite", just how exactly are lower league sides supposed to achieve this when the rich(er) clubs offer silly money to 18 year olds to kick about the youth leagues for a few years before then jettisoning them?

Also, the only undeniably world class player Scotland has produced in years came through at Queen's Park and was, hilariously released by those idiots, Celtic.

Playing Devil's Advocate, here's a daft thought: Why doesn't anybody offer a counter proposal to Sevco: "we'll consider your Colts in League 2 proposal IF a) you'll arrange for a more equitable distribution of the SPFL prize monies, b) you agree to scrap the 11-1 voting rule in the Premiership,  c) Any future SPFL votes no longer require a 75% majority, merely a 51% majority, d) 1 club, 1 vote, e) automatic 2 up, 2 down promotion and relegation and f) the Premiership play-offs take the same format as the other league play-offs".

Edited by Bairn in Exile

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Playing Devil's Advocate, here's a daft thought: Why doesn't anybody offer a counter proposal to Sevco: "we'll consider your Colts in League 2 proposal IF a) you'll arrange for a more equitable distribution of the SPFL prize monies, b) you agree to scrap the 11-1 voting rule in the Premiership,  c) Any future SPFL votes no longer require a 75% majority, merely a 51% majority and d) 1 club, 1 vote".

Because B teams are unacceptable under any circumstances.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Because B teams are unacceptable under any circumstances.

That was too bloody quick, just before I was about to edit my post!😄

I hear what you say, as I said, just playing devil's advocate to see what our fellow posters think. I have always been against colts in the league but if it does come to pass we need to get as much out of it as we can- "squeeze the lemon 'til the pips squeak".

Cheers.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Playing Devil's Advocate, here's a daft thought: Why doesn't anybody offer a counter proposal to Sevco: "we'll consider your Colts in League 2 proposal IF a) you'll arrange for a more equitable distribution of the SPFL prize monies, b) you agree to scrap the 11-1 voting rule in the Premiership,  c) Any future SPFL votes no longer require a 75% majority, merely a 51% majority, d) 1 club, 1 vote, e) automatic 2 up, 2 down promotion and relegation and f) the Premiership play-offs take the same format as the other league play-offs".
My counter proposal would be Old Firm colts can be accepted in to the lower leagues when a Clyde Colt team is accepted into the Premier League.

I'm sure old firm fans will be as interested watching Clyde colts as I would be watching the Old Firm future rejects.

8 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yeah then immediately vote them back out again. 🤣🤣

I seem to remember when the Premier League and smaller lower divisions were proposed back in the 1970s the big sales pitch was to reduce the number of "meaningless games".  How meaningless are games against colt teams who have restrictions on how far up the league they can progress.  We could easily have the scenario that the colt teams get into the highest division they are permitted and since they have no incentive to go further, there is the potential for them to start the season well and get into a position where they are guaranteed to avoid relegation, from then on every game is one of those meaningless games that we were told should be avoided.   The Colt team's managers then start chopping and changing their teams, possibly playing a weakened team one week and a stronger team the next, that could cause controversy if the teams they are playing are in a tight battle for promotion or relegation.  Every eventuality has not been considered here and they whole plan should be rejected.