Colt team proposal

Have to admire the brass neck of these c***s and their whac-a-mole proposals. I’m reasonably confident this latest round of nonsense will be booted out but I’d have to assume it will inevitably pop up again, with the OF taking careful note of who votes with and against them. Sadly it feels like they’re eventually going to concoct a way of successfully crowbarring their B teams Into the league structure.

Wait a minute. If we have either half of the arse cheek Colts in the Scottish lower leagues then we will start qualifying for World Cups? Where do I sign up?

Clubs at the top will always stockpile the best players with no interest of playing them, halting their progress and to make opponents weaker. There have been countless examples over the years where this has happened.

Perhaps if clubs at the top level were made to actually play x amount of homegrown players then we might start to see some real quality players coming through. I’ve read the lazy argument from so called ‘experts’ looking at Spain for example, because they have B sides in their league set up it will automatically make us world beaters. Perhaps, it’s more down to having more qualified coaches, facilities etc.

I’d hope that East Fife would reject any proposal for this idea to ever happen.

The diddy cup will have to be changed soon too.  Not only with the non attendance from supporters of clubs who have colt teams and clubs playing colt teams but but also the issue with Ireland.   They play summer football airdrie ended up playing against a so called reserve team as the bohemians were playing a Europa league qualifying game in the same week. Also the semi final against east fife having to be cancelled as the game was due to take place in winter.  Soon fans of invited clubs from Wales and Ireland will have little interest in coming to Scotland for games.  For now their is the day out value for teams drawn away but that wont last forever.  

2 hours ago, Ballboy said:

Also the semi final against east fife having to be cancelled as the game was due to take place in winter.  Soon fans of invited clubs from Wales and Ireland will have little interest in coming to Scotland for games.  For now their is the day out value for teams drawn away but that wont last forever.  

Game due to be played 17th November - cancelled.

Game rescheduled for 3rd of February - cancelled 3 minutes before kick off with everyone in the ground/ over in Ireland.

Absolute shambles but fantastic place to be for a called off game with all your fellow fans and the team.

We have been invited by the DFC Media representative to let the club know our views, and I suggest everyone makes their respective clubs aware of their feelings.

If the Old Firm and other Premier clubs wish to provide a more competitive environment for their younger players then there is a solution - restore the Reserve League and stop disrespecting the rest of us with your offers of beads and mirrors.

6 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Wait a minute. If we have either half of the arse cheek Colts in the Scottish lower leagues then we will start qualifying for World Cups? Where do I sign up?

Clubs at the top will always stockpile the best players with no interest of playing them, halting their progress and to make opponents weaker. There have been countless examples over the years where this has happened.

Perhaps if clubs at the top level were made to actually play x amount of homegrown players then we might start to see some real quality players coming through. I’ve read the lazy argument from so called ‘experts’ looking at Spain for example, because they have B sides in their league set up it will automatically make us world beaters. Perhaps, it’s more down to having more qualified coaches, facilities etc.

I’d hope that East Fife would reject any proposal for this idea to ever happen.

You forget about those bumper crowds we will have with having the OF colt teams  despite the fact its been shown the attendances are actually lower.  See the Stenny chairman seems to want a 14-14-18 set up with the colts teams and oh and get this a new idea where clubs can send their players out to clubs in the lower leagues for first team experience (pretty sure we have that).

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5674458/rangers-strategic-partnership-spfl-mcmenemy/

Another crucial aspect of the Gers proposal sees the idea of ‘strategic partnership’, allowing Premiership teams to form ties with clubs in the lower divisions.

And McMenemy - who has called for strategic partnership in the past - believes the move could be beneficial for all parties with Premiership clubs able to see player development in first team environments, while provincial clubs will see lower wage bills from increased player loans.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

You forget about those bumper crowds we will have with having the OF colt teams  despite the fact its been shown the attendances are actually lower.  See the Stenny chairman seems to want a 14-14-18 set up with the colts teams and oh and get this a new idea where clubs can send their players out to clubs in the lower leagues for first team experience (pretty sure we have that).

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5674458/rangers-strategic-partnership-spfl-mcmenemy/

Another crucial aspect of the Gers proposal sees the idea of ‘strategic partnership’, allowing Premiership teams to form ties with clubs in the lower divisions.

And McMenemy - who has called for strategic partnership in the past - believes the move could be beneficial for all parties with Premiership clubs able to see player development in first team environments, while provincial clubs will see lower wage bills from increased player loans.

Yeah and what happened to clubs producing their own talent? Not much chance of young players getting a game at stenny if the teams full of Sevcos youths.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Yeah and what happened to clubs producing their own talent? Not much chance of young players getting a game at stenny if the teams full of Sevcos youths.

they can pretty much do what we done and do away with their entire youth structure and as you say bring in youths from premiership clubs and if they are lucky they get to hoover up any prospect from said academy/youth structure cut away and the parent club gets to put all their money into their own first team to climb up the leagues (think i seen this plan before somewhere and it didn't work out well then either)

Edited by AL-FFC

Unrelated, but is it still common for fans of The Rangers to sign up here with 'My Team: Scotland' out of embarrassment?

Don't remember seeing it for a while, until recently.

13 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I cant see it lasting much longer. Was a decent competition when kept to it's original format and idea. Last few years it's been a complete farce.

It was to allow the Betfred to go to groups. Top flight wanted their colts into Irn Bru as a concession to that.

Am I right in saying there would need to be 15 teams in favour from League One and League Two?

Just based on a quick read of a Sunday newspaper and from listening to the radio yesterday we can maybe guess the following would vote against the proposal.

Annan Athletic, Queen’s Park and Elgin.

Given it would put them in the bottom tier, would it be safe enough to assume Peterhead, Clyde and Forfar would vote against it? Also have a feeling Dumbarton would vote against it as I’m sure they canvassed fan opinion before and it was overwhelmingly negative.

36 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

It was to allow the Betfred to go to groups. Top flight wanted their colts into Irn Bru as a concession to that.

That was nice of them. I'm sure we could've coped with the old league cup set up well enough without the game imploding.

Maybe if Rangers and Celtic didn't buy all good young Scottish players and leave them on the bench all season and maybe actually played them our national team would be better off. Either loan them out or stop buying/hoarding them and ruining their careers.

They both would rather buy young foreign players that are no better or worse than our own talent then moan the national team is failing.
Fucking despise this idea and everything the old firm stand for. Scottish football would be better off without these bigoted c***s

Just now, bullyweehutch said:

Maybe if Rangers and Celtic didn't buy all good young Scottish players and leave them on the bench all season and maybe actually played them our national team would be better off. Either loan them out or stop buying/hoarding them and ruining their careers.

They both would rather buy young foreign players that are no better or worse than our own talent then moan the national team is failing.
Fucking despise this idea and everything the old firm stand for. Scottish football would be better off without these bigoted c***s

You're absolutely right.  How many times have they signed up the best players from provincial clubs only for then to never kick a ball or sit on the bench for the majority of their stay. Alan Gow was the classic example from us.

1 hour ago, cmontheloknow said:

Good of us to ruin two cup competitions in one swoop. You can't really top Scotland for shit ideas.

1 hour ago, GallowayBlue said:

Am I right in saying there would need to be 15 teams in favour from League One and League Two?

Just based on a quick read of a Sunday newspaper and from listening to the radio yesterday we can maybe guess the following would vote against the proposal.

Annan Athletic, Queen’s Park and Elgin.

Given it would put them in the bottom tier, would it be safe enough to assume Peterhead, Clyde and Forfar would vote against it? Also have a feeling Dumbarton would vote against it as I’m sure they canvassed fan opinion before and it was overwhelmingly negative.

I've absolutely no idea how Alloa would vote; Mike Mulraney seems to try and keep schtum about the board's opinion on these things, possibily because of his own position on the SFA board. I've got a horrible feeling that, given enough incentive, he'd vote in favour of colts, however, but I might be maligning the man unfairly.

5 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Good of us to ruin two cup competitions in one swoop. You can't really top Scotland for shit ideas.

Exactly. Ones now a pre season friendly tournament and the other has seen crowds that werent great to start with plummet.