Colts Teams

3 minutes ago, Tutankhamen said:

Thanks Brother

I wouldn't pish on Ibrox if it was on fire. (For the avoidance of doubt and for the record)

Likewise Celtic Park. Come to think of it, I wouldn't go near anywhere in the top 42.

Going Senior was a dilemma for me, I've still to decide where I'll draw my line in the sand. But the league reconstruction proposals remind me why I chucked Senior football.

4 hours ago, morley said:

If this proposal was accepted it would be one more nail in the coffin for sporting integrity and fair play in Scottish Football...

At least Kelty and Brora were part of the mix in this plan, which was something that was noticably absent from the League Two deadwood's 14-14-14 plan. The League Two posture in all of this has been the more obvious affront to the concept of fair play.

Doubt there's any chance of 14-14-18 happening given how the OFGTF brigade would react, so this is probably just page filler on an otherwise slow news day.

Make no mistake about it joining this so called pyramid and the even bigger shambles that is senior football will come back to haunt junior clubs in the months and years to come .
A junior grade that with a change of personnel in certain positions could easily have found itself flourishing marketed right and as a viable alternative to those growing numbers of disgruntled senior football fans .
A lost once in a generation opportunity where most clubs identity and soul have been ripped out now the worst of both worlds due to that lost opportunity and now joining an even bigger shitshow where you are bottom feeders in a truly flawed so called pyramid not even noticed never mind respected.  
Horrific stuff. 
[emoji23]

The colts and reconstruction idea is fantastic in my opinion. Revenue to small clubs, less divisions and a more realistic competition, not to mention great experience against good honest pros for the best young talents in the scottish game rather than playing against lesser players the same age and size.

3 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

At least Kelty and Brora were part of the mix in this plan, which was something that was noticably absent from the League Two deadwood's 14-14-14 plan. The League Two posture in all of this has been the more obvious affront to the concept of fair play.

Doubt there's any chance of 14-14-18 happening given how the OFGTF brigade would react, so this is probably just page filler on an otherwise slow news day.

Imagine LTL telling anyone about fair play.

1 hour ago, Stoosh83 said:

The colts and reconstruction idea is fantastic in my opinion. Revenue to small clubs, less divisions and a more realistic competition, not to mention great experience against good honest pros for the best young talents in the scottish game rather than playing against lesser players the same age and size.

The same moaners would cream themselves to get Sevco and co away in the Scottish Cup.

4 hours ago, alzar7 said:

A junior grade that with a change of personnel in certain positions...

Name and shame at last. This has been a long time coming. :thumsup2

(Netflix series Scottish Fitbaw Part 1. Who really killed the Juniors?)

Edited by welshbairn

As with all big clubs,they attract fans from all over but when it's either development/reserve or FA Youth Cup in England,then they couldn't give a damn. Go and create some European Colts LGE then the big boys can run and jump, or maybe the Icelandic lge have a few spaces to fill. If the big clubs had say 4,500 for home colts games then they may have a (basket) case.

Listened to radio Scotland majority agreed its a good idea with lots going for it. 
14-14-14 add in old firm colts and can try salvage something these two will bring million times more to the senior game than any non league clubs would let's hope it happens. 
[emoji23]

18 hours ago, Andy groundhopper said:

As with all big clubs,they attract fans from all over but when it's either development/reserve or FA Youth Cup in England,then they couldn't give a damn. Go and create some European Colts LGE then the big boys can run and jump, or maybe the Icelandic lge have a few spaces to fill. If the big clubs had say 4,500 for home colts games then they may have a (basket) case.

there already is a european youth league

2 hours ago, hague said:

there already is a european youth league

That the one that Rangers Chelsea etc play in ? If that be the case, then why stir up the Colts thing all over again. Realise that someone wants to be the saviour of Scottish football, just needs a different outlook from maybe people not currently involved in any club - maybe wrong.

That the one that Rangers Chelsea etc play in ? If that be the case, then why stir up the Colts thing all over again. Realise that someone wants to be the saviour of Scottish football, just needs a different outlook from maybe people not currently involved in any club - maybe wrong.

Nothing wrong with colt teams Germany spain Holland are fine examples of where it works well

Nothing wrong with colt teams Germany spain Holland are fine examples of where it works well
Except in this country what is being proposed is grossly unfair. Why should two clubs get straight into the senior leagues? If any club wants a colt team then they can apply for a place at the bottom of the pyramid. This current suggestion can get in the bin

If they want Colts teams then there should be a full pyramid and they start at the bottom of the pyramid. Living down South the premier leaugue can play their u23’s in the EFL Trophy. None of them have won it yet. The closest to the final was Chelsea who got beat by my local team Lincoln City in the semi final a couple of seasons ago. Personally I’m not keen on that as they can field players who played in the champions leaugue the week before. There should be no B teams. If they want to develop players then loan them out to teams at the bottom to get experience. 

Correct,the colts already play in the cups, England & Scotland,not set the world alight yet. Why should they be shoe-horned into the spfl ahead of the likes of Kelty,Brora ? Put the young pups down the lges, imagine em playing there, where tackles are still allowed - rather than the tippy-tappy non contact stuff.