The Office Uk

TheScarf

Genuinely my favourite TV show, the original 12 episodes and 2 Christmas specials were just about perfect. People say they dislike the show because they can't stand David Brent/Ricky Gervais which is the most astonishingly "missed the point" opinion I've heard. I can't stand Brent either, I was rooting for Tim but the arc of Brent's story from unlikable middle-manager to humbled middle-aged w****r is still the backbone of the series.

I watched the American version a couple of times with friends but it just did nothing for me, the tone and style it went for was so far away that it felt wrong to even associate it with the UK version.  I just didn't need 200+ episodes of Americanized slapstick. The entire UK show lasts into about 7 hours, the American one would be about 10 times that. There is just no need.

I often feel Ricky Gervais gets a lot of hatred from people for his success. Even as someone who thinks he made possibly the greatest British TV as well as Extras and Derek which were brilliant at times he's not always on the money, that Invention of Lying film was guff, he did introduce the world to the magic of Karl Pilkington which is a comedy gold star all by itself though.

I will forever piss myself laughing at the thought of a plate fully of jelly containing a stapler.

26 minutes ago, Torpar said:

Just because you let some useless tosser blow his beans up your muff

One of my favourite lines, that. Taffy is such an unlikely hero, but I suppose I can't think of another character who would have been a viable option to deliver such a brutal put-down to Anne.