The Office Uk

TheScarf

On 19/12/2021 at 00:33, IrishBhoy said:

I like the scene where one of the minor characters is having a chat with Rowan about how he became a trainer. It’s not actually funny in the slightest, but it’s a very accurate representation of what happens at these sort of training courses in real life. 

I went on an electrical safety course a couple of years back and we had 3 days in a classroom with a guy who, in between telling us how to avoid electrocution from the 25KV main line, wouldn’t stop talking about how cushy his job as a trainer was. It would be a slight exaggeration to say he showed us his pay slips on the projector screen, but not by much. 

ha yep, I used to have a David Brent/office manager type job role.  When we had outside Trainers come in, at lunchtime everyone would scurry back to their desks to catch up on emails etc leaving me to make small talk with these guys in the meeting room.  Most of the time the chat from them was exactly the same, how easy their job was, money perks etc... I'd normally say I had to make a  call and go hide for 30 minutes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 19/01/2022 at 13:29, Miguel Sanchez said:

Got around to this and am watching the training episode now.

"There's been a rape up there!"

- cut to Gareth writing his notes

Amazing.

That’s my favourite episode by far. When they get involved in a debate about how bus drivers would need to accept stamps as legal tender, whilst the trainer is trying to get on with the presentation :lol:  

• 2 months later...

‘Under ‘Weaknesses’, you put eczema.’

If you’ve not seen the outtakes from the Appraisal episode you should go and have a look. They are in amongst the outtakes videos on YouTube. They had to cut that scene right after David says ‘eczema’, as both him and the guy who plays Keith burst out laughing instantly. Keith was actually supposed to reply to David, saying ‘yeah…on my feet’. 

There’s no way I would be able to be a comedy actor and keep a straight face through scenes like that. I’ve been sitting in work meetings with managers, and remembered something funny that happened years ago and been unable to stop laughing. It happened the other day when I was in the sauna at my gym, sitting with 5 total strangers in complete silence and I’ve thought of something funny, started laughing and then tried to disguise it by pretending I’m having a coughing fit. 

• 4 weeks later...