The Office Uk

TheScarf

Gareth’s fantasy-stricken face when Brent says that he’s sure Donna isn’t gay is better than his face in the sidecar at the end of the night.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/04/2021 at 21:39, V.Aye.R said:
On 14/02/2021 at 14:20, ConcernedReferee said:
That bloke who played Neil Godwin took a massive career slide, played some lairy accountant named Michael Jackson in Stella AKA Whatever Happened to Gavin and Stacey and now slums it with appearances in Casualty. 

Line of duty tonight

I’ve been enjoying watching Line of Duty and trying to come up with a story line where Neil Godwin goes from middle management at Wernham Hogg, to a solicitor involved in high level corruption amongst the police and politicians.

Edited by IrishBhoy

I've only watched the Office 1 time through about 2 years ago. I'm on my second watch right now. Superb. Brilliant show. Miles better than Extras. Is the US one worth a watch. 

I've currently just finished the "training" episode. How did I manage to not realise on my first watch that this is an actual tune. 

I've only watched the Office 1 time through about 2 years ago. I'm on my second watch right now. Superb. Brilliant show. Miles better than Extras. Is the US one worth a watch. 
I've currently just finished the "training" episode. How did I manage to not realise on my first watch that this is an actual tune. 

The US Office is fantastic. I finally got into it a few months ago and I'd probably have it sitting 3rd as my favourite 'foreign' sitcom. I think it took me so long to get in to because of the first season but in particular the first episode. It's almost a scene by scene remake of the UK one and it doesn't work at all. Some of the early episodes are good like the basketball one but I'd either start with S2 and go back to S1 or make an effort to stick with S1 as you won't regret it.

My pal recommended the US version to me years ago and I kept struggling. I had a go at her the other week for not telling me to stick with it as I absolutely love it. Don't try and compare the US to UK one, just enjoy it for what it is. You'll soon realise the "UK or US Office?!" question is completely irrelevant anyway as they are two entirely different types of sitcoms.