The Office Uk

TheScarf

Derek was actually well done. Having worked in care it brought up some valid issues tbh.

After Life was brilliantly well done as well.

Neither were anywhere close to The Office or Extras comedically but neither were meant to be close to them comedically.

Derek was actually well done. Having worked in care it brought up some valid issues tbh.

After Life was brilliantly well done as well.

Neither were anywhere close to The Office or Extras comedically but neither were meant to be close to them comedically.

Agreed. Great in their own way. Won't hold a candle to what came beforehand though.

I sometimes say The Office patter to people who have most likely never seen it, and usually it flies over their head and no harms done. We’ve got a new production manager in my work who’s just moved up from England somewhere, and any chat so far has been strictly work related. 

The system the company uses for recording time and booking hours against jobs is a bit of a headache but the new guy seems to be quite clued up on it so I asked him if he knew a shortcut for recording certain information that usually takes me ages. Without turning round he said ‘oh yeah well what you do is blah blah blah…’ and without thinking I said ‘first sensible thing you’ve said all day’. He turned round and gave me a bit of a stare and I was about to try and explain that I didn’t actually mean that and it was a quote from The Office, but by the time that went through my head he had turned back round and I couldn’t be bothered to explain. 

Aye afterlife is just a vehicle to get his tweets across more.

Fucking hell I’ve never seen a better more succinct and accurate summation of that show. Abysmal. Paper thin justification to, as you say, get his tweets across as well as having a bunch of people talk about how great he is.

I sometimes say The Office patter to people who have most likely never seen it, and usually it flies over their head and no harms done. We’ve got a new production manager in my work who’s just moved up from England somewhere, and any chat so far has been strictly work related. 

The system the company uses for recording time and booking hours against jobs is a bit of a headache but the new guy seems to be quite clued up on it so I asked him if he knew a shortcut for recording certain information that usually takes me ages. Without turning round he said ‘oh yeah well what you do is blah blah blah…’ and without thinking I said ‘first sensible thing you’ve said all day’. He turned round and gave me a bit of a stare and I was about to try and explain that I didn’t actually mean that and it was a quote from The Office, but by the time that went through my head he had turned back round and I couldn’t be bothered to explain. 
I find a strong correlation between understanding jokes from The Office and being sound.

2 minutes ago, V.Aye.R said:
On 08/08/2021 at 08:55, IrishBhoy said:

I find a strong correlation between understanding jokes from The Office and being sound.

The Venn Diagram is a circle.

21 hours ago, V.Aye.R said:

Genuinely struggling to think of another TV series whose fanbase seems as universally sound as The Office. 

(I'm talking about folk properly into it here, like folk on this thread, rather than those who have seen the dance and think that's the best moment, etc.)

On 11/08/2021 at 13:30, DrewDon said:

Genuinely struggling to think of another TV series whose fanbase seems as universally sound as The Office. 

(I'm talking about folk properly into it here, like folk on this thread, rather than those who have seen the dance and think that's the best moment, etc.)

I watched the Office when it was first aired and have probably watched every episode again another 40 or 50 times, so I can spot an Office quote from a good distance. I am magnetically attracted to anyone who quotes from The Office. 

I think I’ve mentioned on here before that I used to work for an oil and gas company in Ellon, and they held their annual conference in a local hotel where the CEO and Directors would stand and give speeches telling the workforce how good they were doing and to help themselves to a complimentary bacon roll  (one slice, no butter) and a coffee which they had so generously provided. The majority of people at the conference were from the north east of Scotland but there was a few English guys who were forced to attend as well. Due to the fact I’m from the central belt and had moved to work in Ellon, the locals from the north east despised me like an Albanian refugee that spat on people for a hobby (I don’t know why, but they HATE people from Glasgow that move up there for work).

Whilst I was standing at the back of the room beside the roll and bacon table, listening to one of the directors haver on about falling oil prices and competitive markets, one of the English guys who I had never spoke to before turned and said to me ‘I wonder what Eric Hitchmough would say if he was here.’  It made me immensely proud that I have the kind of face that is receptive of The Office patter, and it turned out he also liked Alan Partridge, Father Ted and Bottom. I am still obviously in contact with him and only last year travelled down to Kent to be Godfather to his son, who may or may not exist. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...