The Office Uk

TheScarf

Another point of discussion, and difference with the American show, is Tim. Whereas Jim is almost always unflappable in arguments with Dwight, Tim reacts in such a normal way in conflict with Gareth. When he drops the stapler out the window, for example, he is obviously worked up and not being especially clever or cutting, genuinely just exasperated and pissed off

For example, everyone jizzes over the ‘I’m just getting into yoga’ line from when he does the motivational speech.
But the best line from that scene is ‘Who stopped it? No, don’t stop it’ when someone turns his music off.

The way he sucks in his gut when the woman walks into the room after the speech is borderline genius.

Stop! Move away from the cookie jar.

I’ve tried desperately to find a Dirty Bertie toy. No luck though. “Come on, come on, baby!”

We should have a poll for the best episode. ‘Training’ gets my vote. The entire episode is incredible, not a single line wasted. David’s time-wasting and spotlight-chasing antics, Tim’s one-liners, Gareth and Tim’s farmer debate, Keith setting his voicemail for the day, Rowan’s expressions of despair, the agony of Tim asking Dawn our and, Tim finally cracking, and, of course, Brent’s songs.

“Well then he shouldn’t be allowed near animals.”

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

We should have a poll for the best episode. ‘Training’ gets my vote. The entire episode is incredible, not a single line wasted. David’s time-wasting and spotlight-chasing antics, Tim’s one-liners, Gareth and Tim’s farmer debate, Keith setting his voicemail for the day, Rowan’s expressions of despair, the agony of Tim asking Dawn our and, Tim finally cracking, and, of course, Brent’s songs.

“Well then he shouldn’t be allowed near animals.”

I think that's generally considered to be the best. 

2 hours ago, smpar said:

The way he sucks in his gut when the woman walks into the room after the speech is borderline genius.

7F768D41-242A-48A4-9DE9-56A1CCFC9599.gif

7F768D41-242A-48A4-9DE9-56A1CCFC9599.gif.a9ae83276c5edb56a23f0a28714e34c5.gif

Probably didn’t even notice that until I’d seen that episode a few times. It’s one of the many subtleties you don’t notice if you only watch it first.

Watching the Training episode just now, which is a brilliant example of that. The “I think there’s been a rape up there!” line is brilliant in itself, but it’s the image of Gareth still taking notes throughout that utter cluster-f**k of a scenario that really ‘makes’ scene.

32 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

I call her Camilla Parker-Bowles. Not to her face. Not 'cause I'm scared of her. 

I got 'em off erm, ya know Nobby Burton who comes round with a suitcase? Two for a tenner. Yes please, four. So...