Top players in the Lowland - Who could step up?

cham1001

There's a lot of top players in the Lowland, how many do you think could make the step up to say, Championship level and make an impact? The likes of Dean Brett and Nathan Austin have done it there before and were brilliant this year for Kelty - doubt they'd want to step up but who do you think could from your team?

3 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Thomas Collins just went to East Fife from us and will make an impact at that level.

Other than him? Jamie McCormack and Tam Orr could do well IMO.

Big loss for you guys , I would also quite happily take Mcnabb off you guys for us , think he’s a cracking player

3 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Thomas Collins just went to East Fife from us and will make an impact at that level.

Other than him? Jamie McCormack and Tam Orr could do well IMO.

Absolutely those 3 plus 2 to for the future Michael Anderson and Jamie Hamilton. 

9 hours ago, johnmc80 said:

Michael anderson could make the step up now comfortably. The real question should really be how much of a step up would it be?

If he keeps on the trajectory he’s on, sky’s the limit. This next season is going to be an important one for him.

On 05/06/2020 at 10:38, cham1001 said:

There's a lot of top players in the Lowland, how many do you think could make the step up to say, Championship level and make an impact? The likes of Dean Brett and Nathan Austin have done it there before and were brilliant this year for Kelty - doubt they'd want to step up but who do you think could from your team?

Is there two Dean Brett’s in the Lowland League?  I know of one who plays for The Rose of Bonnyrigg.

C’mon The Rose 

7 hours ago, selfassemblyshire said:
On 09/06/2020 at 22:09, Kelheart said:
Big loss for you guys , I would also quite happily take Mcnabb off you guys for us , think he’s a cracking player

He was the biggest pile of shite ever st the shire

Yeah McNab was a big disappointment that half-season he was here. Clearly just did not fancy it for whatever reason, as he's been pretty good for BSC otherwise. 

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 10:37, Jerry Macguire said:

McCormack has been at Morton, Brechin and Stenhousemuir. Orr had spells at Morton and Queens Park.

McCormack recently came pretty high up on a recent poll for our worst team of the decade and I don't think Brechin or Stenny fans thought much of him. He needs to have came on huge leaps and bounds to be even considered a poor Championship player

Orr was young and not getting a look in apart from the odd sub appearance. Was still a surprise when he was released so a couple of years first team football under his belt maybe he has came on the required amount but I'd still wager he's not Championship level.

3 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

McCormack recently came pretty high up on a recent poll for our worst team of the decade and I don't think Brechin or Stenny fans thought much of him. He needs to have came on huge leaps and bounds to be even considered a poor Championship player

Orr was young and not getting a look in apart from the odd sub appearance. Was still a surprise when he was released so a couple of years first team football under his belt maybe he has came on the required amount but I'd still wager he's not Championship level.

I can only judge them now and on their performances for BSC and both players have definitely improved since they arrived at the club. McCormack was voted player of the year this season and rightly so. He's been a standout this season. He's also a leader on the pitch and is constantly talking to and encouraging the younger players. Thomas Orr is a terrific player who torments the hell out of centre halfs. His brace against East Fife was probably 2 of our best goals this season. The work rate of both players is exceptionally.  Are they championship level? I think they are, but then again I'm biased. 

6 hours ago, AlansHotBath said:

Yeah McNab was a big disappointment that half-season he was here. Clearly just did not fancy it for whatever reason, as he's been pretty good for BSC otherwise. 

Swifty knows how to be the best out of him. When to play him and more importantly when not. He’s been great for us, especially against Kelty.

It’s a big jump from L1 to Championship, perhaps the biggest between any divisions.

There will always be the odd 1 or 2 who can go on to higher leagues but 3 divisions up, won’t be many.

Majority of players tend to be playing at the level they are at for a reason.
Actually don’t think there will be that much of a difference from the top few Lowland League sides and L2.