Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 04/06/2020 at 18:48, goalmachine said:

 

Any news on what's happening in the SOSFL ?

 

Not hearing much ! Football at this level looks a fair bit away still at the moment so we’ll have to hope for an improvement and a very gradual return to some sort of normality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.irishfa.com/news/2020/june/irish-fa-issue-updated-covid-19-guidelines

This looks interesting. Northern Ireland FA is ahead of others about Covid-19 recovery plans. Their latest plan:

Saturday 06 Jun 2020

Irish FA: Covid-19 recovery plan update

The Irish FA has issued an updated document looking ahead to measures to help an incremental return of grassroots football to Northern Ireland.  

The measures will be introduced from Monday 8 June. 

Some subjects that the document will include are as follows: 

  • Playing football individually.
  • Playing football with your family or people living in your household.
  • Football training or fitness activities in groups of no more than six keeping two metres apart at all times.
  • Training for two or more groups of six (including coach).

The document will also cover suggested safety instructions and hygiene protocols. You can download the full Covid-19 recovery plan below (i.e. go to their web site). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saints released a statement there.  In the comments it looks as if they've held a training session?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been a long time reader of Pie and Bovril, but decided to take the plunge to join ( lock down).

During this Covid-19 Pandemic it was good to hear that Junior Teams had agreed to join the new West of Scotland League.

But now this has been totally over shadowed by the news that a certain team within the South of Scotland league has broken the Governments guidance  along with the Guidance set out to all  Football clubs within Scotland by the SFA!!!

Now i  understand that lock-down has taken its toll on everyone, but how disgraceful is it that a licence club who continue to receive financial backing from the SFA and also financial Covid-19 grants to tie them over until football in the south resumes, whilst the rest of the none member clubs within the league receive nothing would have the gall to organise training.

Now i understand nothing has been proven but feel that if there has been laws broken then the punishment needs to be severe and swift, remember these clubs went cap in hand begging for money, also there are families and love ones out there that are continuing to self isolate until the end of July 2020 because of the real threat to human life.The SFA will  investigate these claims as they have a duty of care to ensure all clubs adhere to there laws. 

The sobering fact in all this...... what where the chairman and the committee of the club thinking, but also i sincerely hope the manager was not there as it certainly wouldn't look good in his current role being at the forefront of fighting this Virus....  Rant Over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, oldbeforetime said:

Been a long time reader of Pie and Bovril, but decided to take the plunge to join ( lock down).

During this Covid-19 Pandemic it was good to hear that Junior Teams had agreed to join the new West of Scotland League.

But now this has been totally over shadowed by the news that a certain team within the South of Scotland league has broken the Governments guidance  along with the Guidance set out to all  Football clubs within Scotland by the SFA!!!

Now i  understand that lock-down has taken its toll on everyone, but how disgraceful is it that a licence club who continue to receive financial backing from the SFA and also financial Covid-19 grants to tie them over until football in the south resumes, whilst the rest of the none member clubs within the league receive nothing would have the gall to organise training.

Now i understand nothing has been proven but feel that if there has been laws broken then the punishment needs to be severe and swift, remember these clubs went cap in hand begging for money, also there are families and love ones out there that are continuing to self isolate until the end of July 2020 because of the real threat to human life.The SFA will  investigate these claims as they have a duty of care to ensure all clubs adhere to there laws. 

The sobering fact in all this...... what where the chairman and the committee of the club thinking, but also i sincerely hope the manager was not there as it certainly wouldn't look good in his current role being at the forefront of fighting this Virus....  Rant Over.

Ah the old ‘late to the party’ nonsense when in reality you simply made this account to have a pop at Saints and have these allegations against them been proven or is it simply a grievance you have with the St Mary’s Club ? I’m defending no one here by the way just curious as to your motive ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AML67 said:

Ah the old ‘late to the party’ nonsense when in reality you simply made this account to have a pop at Saints and have these allegations against them been proven or is it simply a grievance you have with the St Mary’s Club ? I’m defending no one here by the way just curious as to your motive ! 

Against Saints?? If you read my post rather than jumping in foot first you would relies I have never even mentioned a team, surely you have also looked at there statement on there FB page and then seen the comments along with the What's-App  chat where a well known gentleman has mentioned that the police had even visited his home!! to which there seems to be utter shock by a few of the players to  why training is to be cancelled...  As for a grievance?? I certainly do have an issue with any team breaking the laws and potentially putting life's at risk, and am sure you would feel the same way if Newton had training going on behind everyone's back. 

As for not defending anyone!! I am sure you understand the importance of trying to eradicate this Virus and ensure that a second waive does not hit our beautiful country, or are you another one of these that buries there head in the sand and feel that the SNP are doing a bad job in controlling Covid-19??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, oldbeforetime said:

Against Saints?? If you read my post rather than jumping in foot first you would relies I have never even mentioned a team, surely you have also looked at there statement on there FB page and then seen the comments along with the What's-App  chat where a well known gentleman has mentioned that the police had even visited his home!! to which there seems to be utter shock by a few of the players to  why training is to be cancelled...  As for a grievance?? I certainly do have an issue with any team breaking the laws and potentially putting life's at risk, and am sure you would feel the same way if Newton had training going on behind everyone's back. 

As for not defending anyone!! I am sure you understand the importance of trying to eradicate this Virus and ensure that a second waive does not hit our beautiful country, or are you another one of these that buries there head in the sand and feel that the SNP are doing a bad job in controlling Covid-19??

It’s realise and you’re fooling no one ! Do you actually know there was any training session or are you just ‘jumping in foot first’ to coin your phrase ? 
 

im nit defending anyone if the guidelines have been broken but surely social media posts raising ‘concerns’ aren’t the way forward , why don’t you contact the Club directly ! Why bring politics into this , what’s your point exactly here other than your so called concern for a potential breach of guidelines ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AML67 said:

It’s realise and you’re fooling no one ! Do you actually know there was any training session or are you just ‘jumping in foot first’ to coin your phrase ? 
 

im nit defending anyone if the guidelines have been broken but surely social media posts raising ‘concerns’ aren’t the way forward , why don’t you contact the Club directly ! Why bring politics into this , what’s your point exactly here other than your so called concern for a potential breach of guidelines ?

Thanks for the spelling lesson, i will come back with the i'm Not rather than im nit and also the space before your question marks.... Anyway i feel we are getting no where fast. I didn't join P&B to argue and bring politics into the chat so for that i apologise, on the part of a club training you are right it shouldn't be mentioned on a fans forum,  i would fully expect the league committee to  have already looked into the allegations and we should leave it in there more than capable hands.

Anyway lets get back to discussing the South Football and hope that we can all enjoy a game of fitba in 2020 or when ever it will restart!! and i look forward to Newton continuing there fine run of form that seen uses undefeated in  2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, oldbeforetime said:

Thanks for the spelling lesson, i will come back with the i'm Not rather than im nit and also the space before your question marks.... Anyway i feel we are getting no where fast. I didn't join P&B to argue and bring politics into the chat so for that i apologise, on the part of a club training you are right it shouldn't be mentioned on a fans forum,  i would fully expect the league committee to  have already looked into the allegations and we should leave it in there more than capable hands.

Anyway lets get back to discussing the South Football and hope that we can all enjoy a game of fitba in 2020 or when ever it will restart!! and i look forward to Newton continuing there fine run of form that seen uses undefeated in  2020

When football resumes , whenever that may be , we’d be delighted to welcome you to Blairmount. If we can start the new season the way we were playing at the suspension of football we’ll be delighted 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tamscoobie81 said:

With July the 1st on the horizon. Are there any rumours of players moving from team to team in the south?

Threave and Nithsdale signing half the league apparently if you go by the rumours

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CherryKitKat said:

Threave and Nithsdale signing half the league apparently if you go by the rumours

Aren’t they just moving from the former to the latter apparently ? Threave losing big players last I heard 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eck’s played a blinder said:

Aren’t they just moving from the former to the latter apparently ? Threave losing big players last I heard 

Really??? Any idea who has left?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eck’s played a blinder said:

Aren’t they just moving from the former to the latter apparently ? Threave losing players last I heard 

Fixed that .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Tamscoobie81 said:

Really??? Any idea who has left?

Heard Scooby and Connor Jamieson to Nithsdale , Jake Gemmell to Saints and one of their better midfielders to Dalbeattie ( forgotten which one ) but I guess until there’s any confirmation they’ll still be ‘just rumours’  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, weeredbook said:

Fixed that .

Could the players that Eck’s played a blinder has quoted there be easily replaced with other south players?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tamscoobie81 said:

Could the players that Eck’s played a blinder has quoted there be easily replaced with other south players?

They’re good players undoubtedly and would take a fair bit of replacing at Meadow Park. Threave certainly have a pull mind you as we’ve seen throughout the years   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...