Your YouTube guilty pleasures

13 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I always like to fall asleep watching or listening to something. It used to be episodes of the Ricky Gervais Show on XFM, now it's usually clips from old US radio shows Ron & Fez or Opie & Anthony.

You ever tried Silence & Darkness?

15 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I always like to fall asleep watching or listening to something. It used to be episodes of the Ricky Gervais Show on XFM, now it's usually clips from old US radio shows Ron & Fez or Opie & Anthony.

I really like listening to the XFM shows but don’t get the people who fall asleep to them because Ricky Gervais’ laugh is mental.

2 hours ago, David W said:

The other one I check in on regularly is "The Coaches Voice". Basically some interviews with coaches, managers etc. The best ones are where they pick a particular match and talk through the tactics they used.

I think I watched some of them within the last few days! The Inter Milan - Barcelona one with Mourinho was great - talked about the problem they had with Messi where if they had someone man-for-man on him it'd just open up space for Dani Alves, so they worked out a way to have different players picking him up based on what space he was trying to attack and how they'd attack Barcelona with Maicon, Eto'o, Schneider and others.

There was a good one with David Moyes too, think it was more general with how he used players like Steven Pienaar etc.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

3 hours ago, Smurph said:

Jay Foreman is really good, he does a series called Unfinished London which talks about things that and also Map Men where they talk about different maps, their meanings and strange things about them. The videos are all very well produced and hold their own despite being almost 10 years old. Educational and funny too. Even the adverts he makes are pretty funny. He also has a friend Geoff Marshall who goes around the least visited train stations throughout the UK amongst other things. 

Educational videos thread for this pish. But Geoff Marshall and Jay Foreman are really good. 

For myself, I found that I've been watching a lot of Top Gear compilations recently, but also these really annoying American Reaction Channels, must be some sort of perverse intrigue. Here's them trying to "react" - stretching the meaning of the word - to something that goes over their heads 

3 hours ago, DrewDon said:

My main YouTube guilty pleasure is flight reviews, with the occasional train or hotel review thrown in. Points Guy UK, Noel Philips and Paul Lucas are probably the three I watch most. 

I know it should be boring, just watching other people sauntering around an airport and sitting on a plane for 25 minutes. But I suppose there must be something I find cathartic about watching people I don't know, and occasionally find to be mildly irritating, reviewing journeys that I will likely never have any reason to take myself. Especially if they are making a nuisance of themselves in first class. 

Watch both Noel and Paul on YouTube myself. Enjoy  both their videos. 

2 hours ago, David W said:

I don't really watch too much on Youtube but Guillaume Laffon's take-off/landing videos are a thing of beauty.

The other one I check in on regularly is "The Coaches Voice". Basically some interviews with coaches, managers etc. The best ones are where they pick a particular match and talk through the tactics they used.

That’s the one. The night time ones in particular.