Weird FM things

46 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Steve Evans just became Celtic manager in my Saints save.

Brian Gilmour has followed me around, getting every job after I've left, copying my exact set up, and then getting that team almost relegated within 18 months and getting sacked.

John Robertson is Rangers manager in mine after I knocked back an interview. 

Just now, djchapsticks said:

John Robertson is Rangers manager in mine after I knocked back an interview. 

Some of the managerial changes are brilliant.

Brian Rice has been Hibs manager for a couple of years in mine, replaced Jack Ross, who now manages League One Arbroath 😂

FM18: Queen of the South somehow became mid-table Premiership regulars in about 2030-2035. They appointed Wayne Rooney (previously manager of Lincoln City) who promptly got them relegated. He's now at Kilmarnock.

I'm not sure about the later FMs but were there a couple of clubs in Spanish lower leagues that played on sand.  There's a team in Africa that plays on clay and I'm sure there's a team that plays on gravel as well somewhere in Eastern Europe.

• 4 weeks later...

Probably not all the weird, but 2nd season in on one of my FM20 saves and Fraserburgh have just been promoted to League Two.

Not all that often teams go up on mine, but when they do it's usually Brora, Kelty or East Kilbride.

• 1 month later...

On my game Craig Levein was Motherwell manager and led them to 8th in the Championship.

He was promptly sacked…and three weeks later appointed at Ibrox.

In an older save, Sir Alex Ferguson left Man United at the end of his contract to take over at Portsmouth.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not weird per se, but one of the greatest/worst scouting blunders I had was in a FM 2010.   I was managing some lower league English side and I needed a striker outside the transfer window so my crack scouting team found a brilliant free agent named Marlon King.  I signed him up in October 2009 and made him my highest earner  and he played a couple of days before becoming mysteriously unavailable for 10 months.  The reason was that he was sent to jail but the game wouldn't let me terminate his contract so I was saddled with a huge contract for a player that I couldn't use lol

• 1 month later...

image.thumb.png.b5267629514e0100884098022cba9cfc.png

I'm in 2030/31, this has been Celtic's managers in the seasons I've played. Rangers below:

image.thumb.png.a1860cbfb83377791b2033cb53b25f69.png

Reason for both sackings is the league table below, where we could see a non-OF winner for the first time in 46 years:

image.png.bb76c1986394f749d92960186c075185.png

If anyone wants me to look up a club or player with my crystal ball let me know :D 

Can’t remember what year it was, FM 08 possibly. The game had just been released and how loads of bugs. I went East Stirlingshire and despite scoring over 100 goals, I finished second in the league. Branimir Kostadinov was mental in that game.

I also had a long running save with Dynamo Kyiv that year, Gus MacPherson ended up managing Bayern. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/10/2021 at 23:56, Karpaty Lviv said:

Can’t remember what year it was, FM 08 possibly. The game had just been released and how loads of bugs. I went East Stirlingshire and despite scoring over 100 goals, I finished second in the league. Branimir Kostadinov was mental in that game.

I also had a long running save with Dynamo Kyiv that year, Gus MacPherson ended up managing Bayern. 

Kosstadinov was always a great buy in FM 2007.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Having started from the original CM to the latest I recently bought (FM2017) there's some weird quirk for me.

Any time, nay EVERY FUCKING TIME, I play against Partick Thistle I just can't win. In FM 2010 I played as Aberdeen and won the league many, many times but never beat Partick. I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of times I've beaten the, regardless of teams managed, and it's probably in the 00's of games.

Why?

I'm playing in the Reunion Isles, which has an interesting approach to getting points in the league.  4 points for a win, 2 for a draw, and 1 for a defeat.  It's never seemed as ridiculous as it did when the 1 point for a defeat led to this news item.  technically correct, but...well, it isn't quite the story, is it?

image.thumb.png.8a10d8a0b6ad26ec7d037130cb70078b.png

8 hours ago, forameus said:

I'm playing in the Reunion Isles, which has an interesting approach to getting points in the league.  4 points for a win, 2 for a draw, and 1 for a defeat.  It's never seemed as ridiculous as it did when the 1 point for a defeat led to this news item.  technically correct, but...well, it isn't quite the story, is it?

image.thumb.png.8a10d8a0b6ad26ec7d037130cb70078b.png

All the French amateur leagues do the 4-2-1 points thing. It's supposed to encourage clubs to get the game on. Doesn't really work in FM as teams never scratch.

• 4 weeks later...