Weird FM things

Not FM but away back in CM03/04 I had a long running save (can't even remember who I was now) where I noticed Clyde's new manager was Chris "it's unbelievable Jeff!" Kamara. The screenies on my facebook somewhere. Will try and find it.

edit - found, and appears it was actually CM4 (02/03)

No photo description available.

I know it's handheld version but while looking for above photo I also found this one :lol:

No photo description available.

Edited by C. Muir

My favourite (don’t have a screenshot) was from a save with Stoke on FM13.

i sold Steven N’Zonzi to one of the poorer a London sides (might have been QPR), and it came up saying that he was looking forward to moving to London as it was more suited to his metropolitan lifestyle.

Chelsea also signed Rocco Quinn in that save...

6 hours ago, Barry Ferguson's Hat said:

During a save on FM07 or 08, where I was managing Barcelona, Lee Wilkie's agent sent me a highlights reel in an attempt to persuade me to sign him. 

I think I was so overawed by the sheer temerity of it that I actually did. 

Kenny Deuchar done this IRL, fwiw. Sent emails around the world, and eventually got a move to the MLS off it.

Apparently Barca responded by email, which simply read "we have hundreds of scouts around Europe looking at every top talent possible, if you were one we'd have known about you already".

Just won League 2 with Albion Rovers last night. Quite proud of myself, I thought surely I’d get Scottish manager of the year. That’s until I checked the Championship: Alloa champions and Dundee United finishing 4th.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Just won League 2 with Albion Rovers last night. Quite proud of myself, I thought surely I’d get Scottish manager of the year. That’s until I checked the Championship: Alloa champions and Dundee United finishing 4th.

Alloa have won the league or done well in a few different saves I've had. In my current Sunderland save they finished 2nd last year a point behind Dundee Utd and 2nd season they are currently top after 10 games. Come to think of it I think they're actually in the top flight in my Aberdeen save although I'm a few seasons into that.

On ‎07‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 07:41, C. Muir said:

Alloa have won the league or done well in a few different saves I've had. In my current Sunderland save they finished 2nd last year a point behind Dundee Utd and 2nd season they are currently top after 10 games. Come to think of it I think they're actually in the top flight in my Aberdeen save although I'm a few seasons into that.

One the last Champ Managers always had Queen of the South be a force in Scotland after about a decade or so. Every single season. There was a thread about it on one of the old Champ Manager boards. General thought it was due to Dumfries having a decent sized population and no other clubs nearby as their attendances usually rose dramatically during this time even when they were sitting in the 1st/2nd division. Wonder if there's an unseen aspect to Alloa causing it this year?

On 04/06/2020 at 12:57, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The lack of postponed games in FM has been noted by me. I've went countless diddy teams in Scotland over the years and can probably count the number of postponed matches each season on one hand.

You're right for Scotland, I've never had it happen. Had it quite a bit in the English lower leagues though.

23 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

4 seasons in and Scotland now has two automatic group slots for the Champions League.

In the FM20 thread I mentioned how by the time I got to the Premiership working up from League 2, Scotland had a season of 3 CL berths, I think 2 of them going straight in to the groups. I finished 3rd with St Johnstone but we'd just lost that 3rd spot so had to make do with Europa. Was raging.