Weird FM things

Granted I'm 50 years into the save where weird things are more likely, but the absolute state of Bayern. Apart from winning the first three titles and a fluke Champions Cup about 20 seasons ago they've been hopeless. 

A Juventus Calciopoli challenge is tempting, especially with them in a monster 100,000 seat stadium, but I'd rather see how shit they can get on their own

_20200803_014232.JPG

Edited by AMMjag

Going into the last game of the season, Me (Palermo) are sitting 6th in the table, in the last Europa league spot, are up against AC Milan at home who are sitting 7th just one point behind. There is a normal “top 6” who I’ve been terrible against all season picking up just 2 points and generally been pumped.

Anyway AC need a win, obviously and we have to play a right wing back at left wing back and a centre mid in defence amongst a number of moving players about to fit it so I wasn’t exactly confident. For some reason they have dropped 6 of their regular players for young players or ones who are just generally back ups. Not a clue why but it resulted in us getting a comfortable 3-0 win.

I’m not getting that at all. It’s not like they chucked it to play less games next year as 7th always seems to go into the new Euro League 2, unless that is different for next year which would be the 2026/27 season.

On 06/08/2020 at 22:25, PB1994 said:

Going into the last game of the season, Me (Palermo) are sitting 6th in the table, in the last Europa league spot, are up against AC Milan at home who are sitting 7th just one point behind. There is a normal “top 6” who I’ve been terrible against all season picking up just 2 points and generally been pumped.

Anyway AC need a win, obviously and we have to play a right wing back at left wing back and a centre mid in defence amongst a number of moving players about to fit it so I wasn’t exactly confident. For some reason they have dropped 6 of their regular players for young players or ones who are just generally back ups. Not a clue why but it resulted in us getting a comfortable 3-0 win.

I’m not getting that at all. It’s not like they chucked it to play less games next year as 7th always seems to go into the new Euro League 2, unless that is different for next year which would be the 2026/27 season.

Turns out this was not a weird FM thing. AC had the Europa League Final 4 days after they played me so they rested players for that. They ended up winning that in extra time so qualified for the Champions League.

• 1 month later...
On 10/08/2020 at 20:57, oneteaminglasgow said:

FYdR9gA.png

PIqILbR.png

1st and 2nd seem fair enough, but the St Mirren manager being the 3rd best manager of the season? Considering they already had one of their wins when he rocked up in mid October as well. 

Stuff like that has always annoyed me. Sometimes if you let your assistant manage some games, and he wins them all, he wins the award.

On 18/09/2020 at 04:46, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Ashley Young just took over as Arbroath manager. What a world

In my current save Frank Lampard spent time managing Dundee.  He got sacked with the dee still stuck in the Championship

Steven Gerrard's management career flamed out at Ross County

Edited by senorsoupe

• 4 weeks later...

The South African league season runs August to May. The African Champions League runs February to November. 

I'm having to play a group stage game in June with all greyed out players because my squad are on holiday. Getting utterly pumped.

On 18/09/2020 at 06:32, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Me: 70% possession. 25+ shots at goal

Opposition: 2 shots at goal.

Result: 1-1

About 75% of all matches for me. I'd love someone to tell me why because it's not realistic in the slightest. Aye, you'll get games in real life where a team do nothing but defend then steal something on the counter but it happens so much in the game that it makes me think it's a tactic thing? But if it was tactics, surely you wouldn't create as many chances? Infuriating pish.

7 hours ago, The Moonster said:

About 75% of all matches for me. I'd love someone to tell me why because it's not realistic in the slightest. Aye, you'll get games in real life where a team do nothing but defend then steal something on the counter but it happens so much in the game that it makes me think it's a tactic thing? But if it was tactics, surely you wouldn't create as many chances? Infuriating pish.

Its a tactics thing. Its more than possible to absolutely dominate and win most weeks.

Untitled.png.590d96ad3d14fdce094a6f36439c5f25.png

I tend to play a 4-1-4-1 though, and had your issue on previous saves while playing 4-2-3-1. The wide players sit too high in that, and full backs on support drift higher up the park too, so you're left with 2 CBs. 4-1-4-1 seems a lot more solid, and with the wingers set to attack, you suck oppositon full backs higher up the park then counter into the space better too.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Weird stuff that's happened on mine over the years - 

• Somehow rejecting the Manager of the Month award.  
  • John Terry becoming a manager in Scottish football and insisting on playing a 4-2-4 formation.
  • Buckie Thistle getting to a Scottish Cup semi-final while still in the Highland League.
  • Scotland winning the 2018 (I think) World Cup after beating Serbia.
  • Trent Alexander-Arnold turning up at Motherwell.

Steve Evans just became Celtic manager in my Saints save.

Brian Gilmour has followed me around, getting every job after I've left, copying my exact set up, and then getting that team almost relegated within 18 months and getting sacked.