Virtual Season Ticket

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

The majority of clubs, if not all, will have had staff on furlough and have been able to organise in time for the season starting. That only reads like Hibs are relying on broadcasters to cover early part of the season. I would think that the amount of Killie fans who would buy a stream would more than cover the months wages of those responsible for setting up the system for pay-per-view options.

You reckon? Personally i think the "windfall" from PPV will be tiny.

Loads on IPTV, and people will not pay the prices quoted - are Livingston not charging £20 or something?

https://livingstonfc.co.uk/pay-per-view-ppv/

Quite staggering to watch a match on the laptop.......................

eta - I am not having a pop at Livi, it was just the one I saw earlier. I reckon most will charge something like that to retain value in the Season Tickets they have sold - but consequentially there will be few PPv viewers imo.

Edited by Green Day

Find it a bit of a strange decision from us.  Maybe want to make sure everything gets up and running for the ST holders first but it shafts a whole load of our own fans along with Killie fans while also costing the club money.

1 minute ago, Zing. said:

Find it a bit of a strange decision from us.  Maybe want to make sure everything gets up and running for the ST holders first but it shafts a whole load of our own fans along with Killie fans while also costing the club money.

I think we are well behind in loads of areas due to the redundo consultation / furlough stuff.

However, as I say above, I dont think this is the bonanza people imagine.

Plus, its only one match - all will be well after this, as always with Hibs..............🤔

5 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

The big winners in this will be OF fans who'll get to see pretty much every game their team plays for the price of a season ticket and Sky subscription.

Agreed. One of the reasons I don't think PPV will be the cash bonanza some suggest.

1 minute ago, Green Day said:

Agreed. One of the reasons I don't think PPV will be the cash bonanza some suggest.

Its better than nothing though.

Restricing your crowd size to season ticket holders is a bizarre, unnecessary, stance.

Most of the staff dealing with this have been on furlough, so they havent been able to sort it out in time.

That's not the reason they've given. They've claim it's to maintain the value of their season ticket.

If that is the case then should be honest about the fact that the lack of a stream is down to their own lack of proper organisation.

Odd decision from Hibs. Even if it's not a huge uptake it's still money you don't have coming in.  And it's brutal for the Killie fans who through no fault of their own miss the opening game of the season.
Actually agree with this. Only thing I can come up with to justify it is there's a lack of confidence in the streaming company dealing with an unspecified additional thousands of people. Hibs haven't offered any real benefits to ST holders and if the stream doesn't work folk will start going mental.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

That's not the reason they've given. They've claim it's to maintain the value of their season ticket.

If that is the case then should be honest about the fact that the lack of a stream is down to their own lack of proper organisation.

Thats a confusing set of words you have thrown down there - if it is us protecting ST value and we have said that, then isnt that being honest....................

2 minutes ago, Lebowski said:
8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:
Odd decision from Hibs. Even if it's not a huge uptake it's still money you don't have coming in.  And it's brutal for the Killie fans who through no fault of their own miss the opening game of the season.

Actually agree with this. Only thing I can come up with to justify it is there's a lack of confidence in the streaming company dealing with an unspecified additional thousands of people. Hibs haven't offered any real benefits to ST holders and if the stream doesn't work folk will start going mental.

This too - Look at Aberdeens statement on PPV.

Frankly, if binning the few hundred killie fans means I get to see us put them to the sword then that works for me.

Spoiler

await CraigKillie bite here......................

8 minutes ago, Lofarl said:

When.  We all know this is going to be a shitshow.  I've still no idea as how me as a season ticket holder even gets a log in yet.

I’m the same. No idea. I’m just going to expect it to be there when I turn my laptop on come lunchtime on Saturday.

1 hour ago, Green Day said:

I think we are well behind in loads of areas due to the redundo consultation / furlough stuff.

However, as I say above, I dont think this is the bonanza people imagine.

Plus, its only one match - all will be well after this, as always with Hibs..............🤔

Did you not have Hibs tv up and running already last season? Falkirk have been doing it on scraps for about 15 years I think. Bung them a few quid for better equipment and reliable wifi and you'd be sorted. On the occasional time Sky were around I think they used to let them nick their camera feed.

Edited by welshbairn

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Did you not have Hibs tv up and running already last season? Falkirk have been doing it on scraps for about 15 years I think. Bung them a few quid for better equipment and reliable wifi and you'd be sorted. On the occasional time Sky were around I think they used to let them nick their camera feed.

Its been on the go for years for overseas and "overseas" viewers.

The issue this time will be the stream from the mob that supply everyone except the Rangers - Stream Digital, iirc?

Hibs have 10500 STs and we are about to get a monumental fuckup with the stream on Saturday - I can almost guarantee it (as I said, Aberdeens statement suggests they might not be confident either).

Add into that our back office personnel issues and its a recipe for disaster.

5 minutes ago, Green Day said:

Its been on the go for years for overseas and "overseas" viewers.

The issue this time will be the stream from the mob that supply everyone except the Rangers - Stream Digital, iirc?

Hibs have 10500 STs and we are about to get a monumental fuckup with the stream on Saturday - I can almost guarantee it (as I said, Aberdeens statement suggests they might not be confident either).

Add into that our back office personnel issues and its a recipe for disaster.

Maybe try this by courier after the game.

2 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Accies now going back on their word and saying it’s £15 a pop so I’ll be found on the Sainsburys hill most weeks.

£15 is probably the upper limit of acceptability, so not bad.