Virtual Season Ticket

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I am saying people who are buying full price season tickets, that won't get to use them in full, are being ripped off.

Is that such a wild thought? Am I the stupid one?

Explain how they are getting ripped off. Everyone buying a season ticket is doing so with the absolute knowledge that they are not going to see every home match, maybe not even the majority of home matches. Your definition of “ripped off” is a wee bit wide of the mark.

19 minutes ago, AJF said:

You are unaware of other clubs selling season tickets?

Nah, I’m not having that 😂

Oh, so you are just stupid, fair enough

18 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Explain how they are getting ripped off. Everyone buying a season ticket is doing so with the absolute knowledge that they are not going to see every home match, maybe not even the majority of home matches. Your definition of “ripped off” is a wee bit wide of the mark.

I bought mine. I am not getting ripped off. I will get my quota of football games in a stadium from it. If I wasn't I'd expect value for money in some way.

9 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Oh, so you are just stupid, fair enough

I bought mine. I am not getting ripped off. I will get my quota of football games in a stadium from it. If I wasn't I'd expect value for money in some way.

You said in your post 42 minutes ago  that people who are buying full price season tickets are being ripped off. You are also saying that you bought a full price season ticket but you are not being ripped off. 

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You said in your post 42 minutes ago  that people who are buying full price season tickets are being ripped off. You are also saying that you bought a full price season ticket but you are not being ripped off. 

I said why I wasn't being ripped off. You conveniently left that part off.

I said that a few mates who support Rangers and Celtic had renewed their season ticket under the threat of losing their seats. These guys have paid full price for their season tickets and will watch some/half/all* of the games at home on the internet or sky. They feel a bit ripped off but did it as they have had their seats for a while and didn't want to lose them.
I think that is a pretty shite move by the two old firm teams.

You've taken the hump at that.

*delete as applicable

Just now, Busta Nut said:

I said why I wasn't being ripped off. You conveniently left that part off.

I said that a few mates who support Rangers and Celtic had renewed their season ticket under the threat of losing their seats. These guys have paid full price for their season tickets and will watch some/half/all* of the games at home on the internet or sky. They feel a bit ripped off but did it as they have had their seats for a while and didn't want to lose them.
I think that is a pretty shite move by the two old firm teams.

You've taken the hump at that.

*delete as applicable

That’s what happens every season in football though. If you don’t renew your season ticket, the club will sell it to someone else.

It may not be as big an issue at the majority of clubs, but when Rangers and Celtic have thousands sitting on a waiting list for a season ticket, are you really expecting the club to not sell your seat if you choose not to renew?

They’d be actively reducing their income. What other way could it work?

3 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

I give up.

Can you reasonably answer my question though?

You said your friends felt like they had to renew or risk losing their season tickets... what alternative could realistically be implemented?

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Can you reasonably answer my question though?

You said your friends felt like they had to renew or risk losing their season tickets... what alternative could realistically be implemented?

He has paid for 19 games and will be able to attend 19 games, presumably that is not the case at Rangers, hence you are being ripped off.

2 minutes ago, ropy said:

He has paid for 19 games and will be able to attend 19 games, presumably that is not the case at Rangers, hence you are being ripped off.

I understand that, but as I mentioned before, the situation at Rangers (and Celtic for that matter) simply would not allow that without the potential for massive financial implications.

If we base this on last season as an example: Rangers sold approximately 45,000 season tickets. Now, if we were to hit the same numbers this year and everyone that purchased a season ticket were promised they would get to physically attend 19 matches with their purchase, this would roll over into next season. The problem that you then have is that come the end of the 20/21 season, with a 50,000 capacity (minus allocation for away fans) you have none or very little season tickets that you can then sell.

This means the club could essentially forego a large amount of income and lose out as a result.

With all due respect to Motherwell, they won’t have that kind of issue. A quick google search shows they sold approx 4,000 season tickets last year. With Fir Park able to accommodate nearly 14,000 and therefore has the ability to continue to sell season tickets next year as well and generate further income, whereas Rangers and Celtic would not have that luxury.

While it is a great incentive for Motherwell fans, the financial impact would be too great in my opinion for Rangers or Celtic to be able to adopt a similar approach.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

Ah right, so it’s an issue with all clubs selling season tickets, not just Rangers and Celtic?

It's not an issue with Killie (or Motherwell), since we are offering a discount on next season (or a refund in Motherwell's case) for all games played behind closed doors. In other words, you are only paying for the games you actually attend.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It's not an issue with Killie (or Motherwell), since we are offering a discount on next season (or a refund in Motherwell's case) for all games played behind closed doors. In other words, you are only paying for the games you actually attend.

Totally appreciate that, and it’s a great incentive for those clubs. But as I outlined above, I just don’t think that is feasible for Rangers or Celtic.

22 minutes ago, AJF said:

Totally appreciate that, and it’s a great incentive for those clubs. But as I outlined above, I just don’t think that is feasible for Rangers or Celtic.

Your argument doesn't make sense though - these tickets don't have to be overlapping. Rangers and Celtic can sell 2021/22 season tickets as normal, but offer their 2020/21 season ticket holders a discount relative to the number of games they missed. That's what we are doing. Yes it will cost them more money because they have more fans, but they also have much more income because it's all relative.

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

It isn't feasible for Celtic or Rangers to offer anything back in the future or at least say they will review it when they can?

24 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Your argument doesn't make sense though - these tickets don't have to be overlapping. Rangers and Celtic can sell 2021/22 season tickets as normal, but offer their 2020/21 season ticket holders a discount relative to the number of games they missed. That's what we are doing. Yes it will cost them more money because they have more fans, but they also have much more income because it's all relative.

But then you run the risk of a situation occurring where there’s a set back and no fans are allowed in at all this season. You’d essentially be committing to write off the 20/21 season ticket money which in Rangers’ case would be tens of millions without the possibility of increasing your season ticket revenue the following season.

Edit; and while you mention that we have more income and it is relative: season ticket and match day income is still the main source of income. 

Edited by AJF

9 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

It isn't feasible for Celtic or Rangers to offer anything back in the future or at least say they will review it when they can?

There has been talk about vouchers for merchandise, I still think it's too early to put a realistic plan in place for season ticket  holders.

Not sure why "AJF" is getting his knickers in a twist. Both Celtic and Rangers fans are being ripped of.

I'm basically having to pay £30 per game for a stream on the computer or lose the seat I've had for many years.

Celtic and Rangers bump the fans all the time. It's why Lawwell gets a million £ bonus.

15 hours ago, Romeo said:

Not sure why "AJF" is getting his knickers in a twist. Both Celtic and Rangers fans are being ripped of.

I'm basically having to pay £30 per game for a stream on the computer or lose the seat I've had for many years.

Celtic and Rangers bump the fans all the time. It's why Lawwell gets a million £ bonus.

Buy a smart tv ffs