Virtual Season Ticket

Motherwell and Killie have sold the ticket as being for 19 games - fans will get a pro-rated discount for next season's ticket for every game that is behind closed doors. Dundee United have a similar scheme I think.

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Motherwell and Killie have sold the ticket as being for 19 games - fans will get a pro-rated discount for next season's ticket for every game that is behind closed doors. Dundee United have a similar scheme I think.

Do these clubs have something in place for fans who don’t renew for 21/22?  I know a large % of season ticket holders renew year in year out, but there might be first time or first in a while buyers who might not be sure if they will renew next season.

Do these clubs have something in place for fans who don’t renew for 21/22?  I know a large % of season ticket holders renew year in year out, but there might be first time or first in a while buyers who might not be sure if they will renew next season.

They know what they're paying for. If they don't renew in 2021/22 then they won't get their discount (if a discount is needed).

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

They know what they're paying for. If they don't renew in 2021/22 then they won't get their discount (if a discount is needed).

Don’t disagree.  But for those fans who aren’t confident they’ll renew next season such offers aren’t much different to the clubs selling tickets on ‘any 20/21 game that fans can attend’ basis. 

striking a balance here is very difficult and the category of fan I talked about is probably the hardest to find a solution for. Just seeing if somebody had found that balance.

50 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

In Motherwell's case if you don't renew you'll be eligible for individual match tickets for the number of games played behind closed doors.

626206967_ScreenShot2020-06-16at20_59_32.png.24771672454f9574591f09fa41e3b3dc.png

Edited by capt_oats

• 1 month later...

My mates have Celtic and Rangers season tickets. 

They told me their ST only covers virtual access. If they didn't renew they were losing their seat and told tough titties.

Is that true?

(Sorry I know this has probably been covered in here, I am miles behind)

Anyone heard anything from their club about PPV away games etc?
The Accies SLO said there will be a PPV option for away games (through the opposition's channel, seemingly) with the option to have AcciesTV commentary.

21 minutes ago, accies1874 said:
1 hour ago, Les Cabbage said:

The Accies SLO said there will be a PPV option for away games (through the opposition's channel, seemingly) with the option to have AcciesTV commentary.

Option is to sign up for a months subscription. 

On 16/06/2020 at 20:04, craigkillie said:

This is what my English team Aldershot Town did. Season ticket is for 23 games and 23 games is what you'll get. Even if it's next season. Then news came out that there was possibility of letting fans in on a restricted capacity. Which will be more than enough to cover all season ticket holders and still have some capacity left over to sell tickets as first come first served online.  

Clubs are allowed to sell PPV, but are probably trying to push as many season tickets as they can before they release details. Would expect a lot of clubs to launch this next week.

19 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Clubs are allowed to sell PPV, but are probably trying to push as many season tickets as they can before they release details. Would expect a lot of clubs to launch this next week.

This sounds rather ominous for non-season ticket holders for home games but from a selfish perspective I’m more interested in the away games so hopefully you’re correct in that we’ll hear more on them soon.

This sounds rather ominous for non-season ticket holders for home games but from a selfish perspective I’m more interested in the away games so hopefully you’re correct in that we’ll hear more on them soon.

That's specifically for HibsTV subscribers, which is a service that many clubs have had available for several years. Killie launched it about 18 months ago. Almost every club uses the same provider, Stream Digital, who are also running the streams.

It only costs something like £6 a month or £60 a season and domestic subscribers normally get access to full match replays plus additional exclusive content (eg interviews). At those prices you're clearly not going to get live streams because it would devalue the season ticket (and the normal service you pay for).

It's entirely possible (and I think likely) that clubs will make PPV for live matches available through the same provider, probably at a higher price (eg £10/£15 per game). However, at the moment it makes sense for them to leave a bit of uncertainty about that in case if pushes a few more people towards buying an ST.

My mates have Celtic and Rangers season tickets. 
They told me their ST only covers virtual access. If they didn't renew they were losing their seat and told tough titties.

Is that true?

(Sorry I know this has probably been covered in here, I am miles behind)
Thats true no option other than to renew at full price .

It's still a bit poor this. Scottish football fans have been brilliant during this crisis, backing all of our clubs to the absolute hilt. Surely the least we deserve is a bit of communication on the matter.

We should be able to see any game we want regardless if you are a home or away fan/ ST holder non ST holder.

I appreciate there are legal obligations ect but even a slight nod or wink either way isn't too much to ask.